[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Forever Knight, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    It was horrid crap. I never want to think of this "movie" again in my life.

2. wildwolf

wildwolf Member

G-Saviour PS2 game >>>>> G-Saviour film

3. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Getting crabs from a local wal-mart washroom > G Saviour film.

4. artmaster079

artmaster079 Yes, I can draw

G-Saviour is now regarded as an alternate UC story, since it clearly did not live up to the legacy that the UC stories have made

5. wildwolf

wildwolf Member

^
    To my knowledge, there is no official statement from Sunrise about whether or not G-Saviour is part of UC canon.

6. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

I've always thought you could make a cool Gundam in tokusatsu style, with real suits. If you've seen the space scenes in Gransazer or Sazer X, it lends itself really well to those techniques. (and those are years old, filming techniques can only have improved) Stuff like Go-Busters's mecha scenes would work really nicely.

7. FlashNeko

FlashNeko Member

Say what you will about G-Savior but the big beam saber duel standing on the Colony's Solar Panels was a pretty cool idea and something I wish a Gundam anime would do.

8. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    It's been a long time since I posted in this thread.

So far I've watched everything except AGE, EVOLVE, and I started the first 2 eps of TURN-A.

TURN-A is kinda weird.

9. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Turn-A is awesome. Probably the best plot in a whole franchise.

10. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    I've only watched the first 2 eps. I'll be watching the rest of it when I'm all caught up on Clone Wars.

11. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

Amusing on-topic story..
    So, I was kicking back in the Student lounge at my school's Danvers Campus, right? And, because I had like 2 1/2 hours before my class started, I figured "Hey, I'll knock off some SEED". This one guy walks over to me, notices I was watching that and we then end up in a discussion of how UC inspired SEED and whatnot; since I said that I've only really seen Endless Waltz, Gundam 00 and the first half of G, he suggested how it's best to start with UC and work my way up.

So, short version: I'm slowly watching through MSG right now and prolly 08th MS team after that.

12. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    UC > All.

But I think the only Gundam series I have issues with is Seed Destiny. Everything else has rocked, especially G Gundam.

13. Icefish

Icefish Member

G Gundam is just so much fun. You can tell they had fun making it as well.

14. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    I mark out at the theme song that plays when G is summoned. Love that shit. :castlerock:

15. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    I finally got around to watching Gundam Unicorn Volume 6 and thought it was another good installment of the series. Left off on a really bad ass cliffhanger, I just think more Gundam fighting could have been used in this volume like they've been used in the previous 5. I was actually shocked to see who the pilot of The Banshee was. Full Frontal is still a bad ass, especially his small appearance in this one. Anyone know the name of Frontal's Gundam?.

Volume 7 is coming out later this month and I think Volume 8 sometime in the Fall.

Anyone know if a dub is out for Volume 6 yet?, I'm going to end up buying all of the Blu-rays for Unicorn but only if they come English dub and subbed.

Also going to get back to work on Turn-A Gundam starting next week.

16. Icefish

Icefish Member

I've sorta fallen behind on Unicorn, but the only suit I remember him piloting was the Shinjau. Any chance you've got a pic for reference?

17. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    No pic but the suit was red.

18. Icefish

Icefish Member

Probably the Shinjau then. Not a Gundam, but still cool as hell.

19. Sentaifan'07 Xman

Sentaifan'07 Xman "Let's DRIVING!!!!!"

Well, I am planning to watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam series later on this year and then the IGLOO films afterwards.

20. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Do the entire UC timeline in order, it's bloody awesome.