[Anime] Mobile Suit Gundam: Universal Century Saga (0079-Victory) Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Forever Knight, Nov 16, 2011.

1. FlashNeko

FlashNeko Member

"And then a Shrike Team member dies" is pretty much a running theme for V Gundam.

2. Icefish

Icefish Member

Take a shot every time a Shrike Team member anyone dies. Mourn the fools who did this while marathoning the series.

3. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    I like it like that. That is the reality of war.

More questions,

What exactly did Maria do?. She pulled some Benny Hin shit and shined some light and the sick members of the colony were healed.

So Uso is finally back with his Mom who is a MS designer and created the V2 which is why she left Uso to begin with. What I don't get is how randomly Uso knew about his Mom, where she was, and that she made the V2 Gundam. It just came out of nowhere, was this some sort of Newtype thing or will it be explained?. Uso's mom also told him a spirit visited her while she was pregnant with him ala Jesus Christ, does this mean he is the chosen one?. I think it would be cool if it was revealed to be Amuro's newtype spirit that was the one to visit her.

4. wildwolf

wildwolf Member

^
    V Gundam's production staff planned to use the idea that Ãœso is actually Char's great-grandson but Tomino decided against it.

5. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Man, that would have fucking ROCKED hard. But there still needs to be some sort of explanation regarding Uso and his mother.

btw, the Dodgore mobile armor is fucking awesome. I love how it looks like a chinese dragon and can break apart and reassemble itself.

6. ParaParaJMo

ParaParaJMo Member

I. Feel bad that Tomino didn't like v

7. FlashNeko

FlashNeko Member

The Uso finds his mom thing is pretty much him having a Newtype Moment, yeah. No other explanation is added.

It represents a period in Tomino's life where he was having a full-on nervous breakdown over being forced by Bandai to continue Gundam when he wanted to do other things.

I wanna say it was also the same year the infamous "HERE IS YOUR GUNDAM!" incident occurred at a convention but that story is one of those things that its validity is hard to 100% nail down.

Given all of that, plus his own efforts to sabotage the show at points with some really weird things, it's not hard to understand why it's a work he would look back on with disdain.

(The irony being that when he WAS allowed to do something other than Gundam again he made Garzey's Wing... and then Brain Power'd.)

8. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

How was he forced into it? Was he contractually obligated or?

9. FlashNeko

FlashNeko Member

A combination of being contractually obligated and also the fact that he became "that Gundam guy" to the degree that nobody would fund anything else he wanted to work on unless the Gundam name was attached to it.

It's not unlike what happened to Adam West with Batman, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher with Star Wars, and most of the cast of the original Star Trek.

10. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Tomino must have been on crack because Victory is a solid fucking series.

If there are no other answers to Uso by the end of the series then I am going to chalk it up to him being Char's Great Grandson.

Uso's Mom just died by being CRUSHED to death..... I swear to God... that shit is grim. Uso was holding her normal suit helmet as a blood was dripping from it.

:castlerock:

11. GekiDan

GekiDan ジェイ・イー・フュージョン

Home Page:
  12. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    GekiDaniel, Hip Hop and Rap in general sickens me.

More V Gundamu questions.

WTF are up with the Gum launchers?, I've never seen them before and they actually shot gum?.

What is the story behind Tosilo and Fuala?, he banished her to space yet ends up saving her?. I think she got Cyber Newtyped for some reason and the bells thing is creepy.

Also, why did whats-her-name (the woman than bathed with Uso) end up killing herself and the other commander after loosing to Uso?.

and what is up with Uso's Dad and the captain of the Reinforce using the same fake name?.

13. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    o for the finale, what was up with the Angel's Halo breaking apart?. I was a bit confused with who the actual bad guys were at one point since Zanscare pretty much split into 3 factions (Maria, Tosilio and Fonse). Was that Katejine at the end who was wandering around? it seems she had memory loss or some shit. So the war in UC is finally over and Earth wins. I would love to see an ova eventually made with how the Angel's Halo was created like how they did with IGLOO showing how the weapons were made and tested. Was Maria some sort of special being or something and why did she send Shakti to earth in the first place if she had planned to conquer earth?.

UC completed. I loved it and it's given me a new respect for Anime.

14. wildwolf

wildwolf Member

According to Shakti, the Angel Halo broke apart because the psychics wished for peace.

Katejina lost both her sight and her memories. I'm guessing this is due to "Newtype magic".

15. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    So in the end the Halo was a failure?.

The psychikers are just people with psychic abilities or?.

What was the name of the V2 Gundam with the Buster rifle and all that added armor in the finale?. It looked fucking aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

16. wildwolf

wildwolf Member

The one in the pic below? It's the V2 Assault-Buster Gundam.

[​IMG]

17. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Jesus Bitch!. That's her.

I thought it rocked, I loved how it was used quickly and did it's job by getting Uso into the Halo.

18. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

If you want more UC, there is still that live action movie...but people tend to really dislike that since it's so poorly made. (though it uses an entirely Canadian cast and a few voice actors show up in roles)

Otherwise, I say you should still check out G-Gundam for its craziness.

19. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    I'm watching G Savior right now to bid farewell to UC.

:thumbs:

I know a few of the actors in this so far. The black man is from FOREVER KNIGHT. I love when shit comes full circle in my life like that.

20. Icefish

Icefish Member

G Savior wasn't...completely terrible. It was a decent enough budget movie.