Mill Creek has licensed the ENTIRE Ultraman library !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Dr Kain, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

2. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
  3. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Will this mean that Crunchyroll will no longer be hosting Ultraman shows?

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Crunchyroll hasn't had the Ultraman shows for a year now.

5. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

NANDARO?!

"Exclusive – Mill Creek Entertainment Acquires the ULTRAMAN Library For Physical and Digital Home Entertainment Distribution Across North America"
    *Sniff* The land of light has graced us all with a shining miracle! :D Thank you, Mill Creek. I can finally start owning physical copies of Ultraman. Glad to know there are companies that still realize the value of such things.

6. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Aren't Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb and Geed still up there?

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Are they? I haven't bothered looking since I already watched four of those.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Yep, but too bad the entitlement is starting with things like, "No english dub? No buy!" and "$50 is too expensive."

9. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    I wondered the same thing about Toku, but nobody ever answered me. It's funny, because I've been trying to finish some Ultra shows I haven't, and without having to spend a lot of money, and I was eyeing Cosmos on Toku, but by the time I get to Cosmos, Toku might not even have it anymore!

I also JUST bought Ultra Q last month. I was like "That set is old, and it's a weird show, so it might get hard to find and I'm curious about it." And now a fancier set with a cover that doesn't look terrible.

10. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

The announcement mentions a British company too, so I'm hoping that means there will be a British release of some sort. But the company doesn't seem to do home video stuff, so part of me suspects I may have to figure out how to trick my BluRay player into playing American disks.

Also, Ultra Q is genuinely brilliant, so I hope a lot of people get on board with it.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

I'm definitely going to get Ultra Q, but I'm not sure if it will be Day 1 or not. I guess I could always put some of my Patreon funds towards it since I am going to review it for the channel anyway.

I also feel like I must have it because it would be weird having "Series 2" on my shelf without 1.

12. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Hope this leads to series like Nexus and Mebius getting more exposure in the west.

Ultra Q is basically Twilight Zone with Kaiju, so it's worth the watch (I personally don't find it as good as TZ, though when it tries to be weird it really shines).

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Well considering I'm currently watching the original Twilight Zone for the first time, I doubt anything is going to be as good as it. My god that show is just incredible all around for its top notch writing to its incredible production values. I'm halfway through Season 3 and I see why everyone is always ripping it off or trying to steal ideas from it.

14. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Yeah, maybe that's part of the reason why both Ultra Q and 1966 Series don't quite live up to their reputation for me.
    They aren't bad obviously and I enjoy them just fine, but there is always a little thought at the back of my mind that I've seen a superior version that goes further and doesn't feel like something holding it back. Another reason why I prefer goofier side of Ultra Q which don't give any shits and just does its weird thing.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Well the original Ultraman I highly enjoy despite it having issues. It would most definitely make my top 10, maybe just barely make top 5, but I'm not sure yet since I haven't seen enough Ultra series. Seven though, Seven takes everything that Man failed at and rectifies it.