[Comic] Marvel Talk Up Thread

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Ben3000, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

For those that follow comics, the first month of Marvel NOW is officially over. I just wanted to know if anyone picked up any titles from Marvel's renumbering. I picked up most of them and I have to say they were pretty good.

I like how Marvel is handling their relaunch by having everything still be in continuity but with the way most there number ones are being written their either set up issues or they drop you into the middle of the action.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  2. Aoiblue

Aoiblue Raxbait: Hip

(How many titles are out so far btw?)

So far I've enjoyed All New X-men and Uncanny Avengers :D

Also since I'm new to Marvel comics, they release issue every 2 weeks huh?

3. CZor

CZor Member

I'm only getting Fantastic Four (from the ones debuting last month)....and I must say I like it!. Also I been hearing good things about All New X-Men and I might pick it up.

@Aoiblue - No, this is just Marvel trying to get more money from us...some series will do the double shipping of their first 2 issues. Fantastic Four and FF didn't for example...and I know the only books that have a confirmed double shipping from the Marvel NOW line are Avengers and Superior Spider-Man (and Wolverine & The X-Men has been doing that a lot lately).

4. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

I've only read Fantastic Four and Iron Man so far, but I like them just fine. I think I might give The Avengers and whatever the new version of the main X-Men title is a try.

5. Ore-sama

Ore-sama The Great Me

Picked up Uncanny Avengers, the new Deadpool comic series and the new X-Men Legacy comic series. Will pick up Cable and X-Force, the new Thunderbolts comic series, Superior Spider-Man and the upcoming volumes of Uncanny X-Force, Young Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Secret Avengers.

6. shinkenblack

shinkenblack Lurker

I'm enjoying Iron Man and Deadpool and plan on reading Avengers and Young Avengers.

7. CZor

CZor Member

Ohh yeah so in upcoming series I'm picking up:

Avengers
    New Avengers (loved the Illuminati issues and mini)
    Young Avengers
    Superior Spider-Man
    Uncanny X-Men
    Uncanny X-Force
    Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Aoiblue

Aoiblue Raxbait: Hip

Know of any good website that lists the Now Issues and which are released so far?

9. CZor

CZor Member

iFanboy.com should still have their list with Marvel NOW books and they do a review podcast, I also check IGN.com on Thursdays for their reviews also.

10. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

Everyone should be reading All New X-Men

11. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

I love how people still think Marvel have the same continuity as they've always had...OMD says hi.

12. Matrix

Matrix Matrix of Leadership

Uncanny Avengers and New X-Men are both pretty cool. I have Deadpool and Iron Man that I still need to read yet

13. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

Forgot about OMD; Statement should be, I like how they remember their recent continuity.

14. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

I'm really enjoying Avengers Arena, three issues in and I have to say it's been an interesting ride. Also picked up issue one of Superior Spider-Man and the ending has me in for the rest of this arc. New Avengers by Hickman has had an good start as well.

15. Ore-sama

Ore-sama The Great Me

As of this post, I picked up Uncanny Avengers, the new Deadpool series, the new X-Men Legacy series, the new Thunderbolts series, Cable and X-Force and The Superior Spider-Man. Lovin' all of 'em. Now, I'm waiting for the new Uncanny X-Force series, the new Young Avengers series, the new Guardians of the Galaxy series and the new Secret Avengers series. After that, I'm all done for Marvel NOW's initial releases.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I'm thinking about picking up Superior Spider-man and Uncanny Avengers myself.

17. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

Superioer Spider-Man is terrible. It reads like a hack's choice fanfic, and it does a great disservice to characters like Ock and MJ (who wouldnt act the way they do in this in a million years), the ending doesnt do anything for me either...[hide]as when the invetible happens, Peter will be a "loser" again and the same old boring ass stories will be told. Christ, can't they come up with something different?[/hide]

I wish the newspaper strip for Spidey was more widely known, it's easily been the best thing with the character for the last few years now

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  18. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

The first issue didn't strike me as bad, it was definitely an interesting take on Spider-Man. Though I didn't like that last page at all because it's...so obvious that it's their way of keeping the door open for Peter to return eventually.

19. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

This is what I don't get about the new Spider-Man status quo, Peter never really died. From what I understand Doc Ock didn't switch minds so much as re-wrote them. I say this since actually switching minds has happened in comics. So basically what we have is Peter thinking he's Doc Ock with Peter memories, which more or less can be boiled down a convoluted case of "soap-opera amnesia". Honestly having Peter come back wouldn't be hard at all.

The real question here is what long term plan for Ock. From the bits we have seen so far it seems he is going to lose everything Peter had going for him before the swap. So I am guessing Ock is going to learn to that Peter was actually the Superior Spider-Man because he cared about people or something. Then after he learns that Peter's old mind is going to come back and slowly kill them unless Ock sacrifices "himself". Which will then end with Peter calling Ock the actual Superior Spider-Man. That or Ock gets a clone body from the Jackal. Then the book will be re-launched as Amazing Spider-Men.

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I'm a little confused, is All-New X-Men the original members being brought into the future?