Marvel & DC Toys - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Keith Justice, Mar 17, 2011.

1. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

2. dchoc

Kotobukiya....

[​IMG]

3. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Brave Sound~

I hope more New 52 characters get announced next year after sifting through the mains, a buddy of mine would love to have some sort of representation of red-emblem Nightwing

4. RiderXero

RiderXero AKA XeroTheHero

Have you guys seen anything else about the X-Force Archangel coming out in a future wave? I seem to have seen info on it somewhere that he is set for like wave 3 or maybe 4 early next year? Maybe it's Deadpool I'm thinking of in wave 3. There will be 2 Deadpool versions from what I've read. The X-Force version and the standard red and black costume. Not sure which version is the variant.

5. dchoc

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showpost.php?p=1582740&postcount=587

http://www.toymania.com/image/tid/610

6. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Variants for certain 6 inch Avengers are popping up at Walmart

first release on the left and variant on the right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dchoc

Looks like X-Force Deadpool is out...

[​IMG]

8. dchoc

For those of you still looking to get a Marvel Universe Sentinel, check your local discount stores. Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls have had the MU Universe Sentinel set (with 3.75 inch Wolverine) @ around $25USD.

9. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Classics-Superman-Collector/dp/B0074314EC/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_165793011_a1_n_1_p"]Amazon[/ame] currently has the new Mattel DCU All-Stars/Classics/New 52/Whatever The Fuck DCUC Turned Into figures available for $15.99 each. I just ordered N52 Superman & Batman and got free shipping since the order's above $25. While they're not a good looking as the DC Collectibles versions, they ARE pretty nice, especially Batman.:thumbs:

10. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

[​IMG]

Finally found the DC Collectibles Justice League Green Lantern figure today, so he goes next to Sinestro, JUST in time for them both to [HIDE]die and have their rings reintegrate[/HIDE] in the Green Lantern Annual #1, out today. Huzzah!

Bonus: Hal's tiny head makes Sinestro's look correctly oversized by comparison!

11. dchoc

Since nobody has posted it yet... Made by Medicom and roughly 6+ inches (160mm).

Maphex 01 Amazing Spideman, and 02 Batman

Click on image...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

nice a cloth cape on the batman a definite plus to an all plastic one. this might end up on my shelf....idk

I mainly want the HOT TOYS DX and the play arts kai.

13. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

That cape looks about as poorly made and cut as the crap Mattel keeps throwing on their figures. And while the figure looks great, that face is about 200% less angry than it should be.

Speaking of TDKR, I finally found the last figure I needed to complete the Bat-Signal, Detective Robin John Blake, GCPD. The figure's likeness is actually really well done, easily the most accurate of the line. But he has no gun, not even the rifle he ran to Gordon's aid with in the hospital. Like Ra's, the head is molded in flesh colored plastic, which I always prefer, but then his hands are painted, which always bothers me. Still, good looking figure overall. AND I FINALLY GOT TO ASSEMBLE MY BAT-SIGNAL...

[​IMG]

...and it didn't work. I bought batteries specifically for this, and I even tried them out in other electronic devices to make sure they worked. But no matter how many times I turned the switch back & forth between on & off positions, nothing ever happened. Then I discovered a small rectangular port on the inside of the end piece, which happens to line up with a similar one on the inside of the middle piece. Turns out that Mattel over-engineered the thing and made it so that the end piece won't activate unless those two rectangular ports line up & the middle piece's port presses in on the end piece's port. It's not a horrible idea, but it is a completely unnecessary one. And since mine doesn't seem to make that connection properly, I have to unscrew the end piece, press the "trigger" part myself, then screw the end piece back on in order to get it to work. And then, it only lasts for about 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

This picture actually took FIVE attempts to get everything in place & focused (as poorly as it is) before the light went out.

I'm guessing (hoping) my particular case is an isolated incident, and I'm sure I can jury-rig a workaround. It's just a real buzzkill to see that Mattel somehow found it necessary to make the process more complicated than it needed to be, and all it really did was greatly increase the likelihood of mechanical failure.

OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. After messing around with the Bat-Signal, I found a small, brown, rectangular button at the front of the middle section, which makes the light come on when you press it. NOW I understand what the hell the 1st diagram in the "To Play" section of the instructions means. The button's meant to be triggered when you tilt the Bat-Signal downward & it presses against the base. It's still a completely unnecessary step in operations, but at least I know mine does indeed work "correctly".

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  14. dchoc

Coming up

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Glamador

Glamador Member

I've never really collected any non-mech Japanese figures before I got into Masked Rider, so it pains me a bit that I just never knew what I was missing. I'm so used to my infinitely poseable S.H. Figuarts that these figures with single-jointed knees and/or elbows, swivel neck joints, and hideous crotch connections just don't appeal to me anymore...

Comparing my DC Universe Classic Deathstroke (Who I adore) to any of my Figuarts or SICs is just laughable. He was a fraction of the price, so that's not really a complaint, but where's OUR line of collection-quality poseable figures?

I remember thinking my Wal-Mart 6" War Machine figure was pretty fantastic, so I was just comparing it to the upcoming Figuarts version...and they're practically identical!

Left Figuarts/Right Walmart:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Same double jointed knees and elbows, same ball-jointed neck, same hinged shoulder guards, same ball-jointed ankle, same swappable hands...The only improvements on the Figuarts seems to be proportions and a better gatling gun mold. And Wal-Mart figures are cheap! That's of course a lot down to the shoddy materials and atrocious paint QC...but still, the mold is damned good for an american retail figure.

So my question is, why aren't these joint designs standard if they can make them for the Wal-Mart 6" figures? Why can't my DC Classics Deathstroke and Azreal have the same poseability? What the hell American market?

16. dchoc

You should ask the Manufacturer, not the Market.

17. dchoc

c/o Splashpage

More here: http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/01/19/hasbro-debuts-iron-man-3-iron-assemblers-action-figures

Not a whole lot of articulation... Mostly for kiddies... :laugh:

I can't wait for the SHF figure to get released. ;)

18. wavehawk

wavehawk All Decade's Fault

Home Page:
    - ARGH. And here I thought they were ACTUALLY making a modular Iron Man figure worth buying... >(

19. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

Arnie at Marvelicious Toys bought 3 of those on chineseBay & didn't even get the non-ridiculous-shoulder-piece arms or weapons. They seem to have good sculpting and paint apps, and that's about it. I know I'll buy at least a couple of these for the switchout feature, but then they'll probably go into a Hall of Armor display.

20. Judge Faiz

Judge Faiz I am the law

Those look horrible. I realize they're made for kids...but action figures aimed directly at kids don't need to look like dollar store toys. Look at the recent Batman Rises toys that are still clogging shelf space. When sandwiched on the shelf between Marvel Universe & Avengers figures, they look like horrible cheap toys. And yet they're about the same price.