Marvel & DC Toys - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Keith Justice, Mar 17, 2011.

1. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

I've only been there since January (I'm Geof, btw) but I've been a long-time listener of MT and SWAN, and actually just recently started listening regularly to Now Playing. I'm not really into horror, so I tried out their TRON: Legacy & Green Lantern episodes, and those were pretty fun. The pre-Avengers episodes hooked me, and now there's the Batman/DC series, and I CAN NOT WAIT for the James Bond series. But, check out MT Issue #40 sometime, we did a kind of roundtable show after Avengers came out & even had Dan-Friggin-CURTO there.

But BACK ON TOPIC, that Archangel's part of a 6" scale X-Force 3-pack with Wolverine & Psylocke, which looks outstanding & I have no idea how I'm going to afford all the SDCC stuff I want this year. :sweat:

2. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

[​IMG]

Hawkeye arrived in the mail Monday, and I got the Marvel Select Amazing Spider-Man today. Spidey comes with 2 sets of hands & doesn't have that lameass silver paint on his shoes, huzzah!

3. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

4. dchoc

GS, what did they use for Movie Hawkeye's arrow?

5. dchoc

SHIELD Heli-carrier - $129.99

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

I know someone who already has his retail Helicarrier, and is planning to buy 4 of the SDCC versions to attempt a 6-foot version.:laugh:

Also, yay Winter Fury!

7. dchoc

8. GrimZata

GrimZata Member

Is there any difference between that Deadpool and the one in the 2-Pack with Warpath? Not that I mind, I wasn't ever able to get the regular 2-Pack anyway, just the variant, plus it's Deadpool.

9. dchoc

Color.

10. RMuzzy

RMuzzy Yo Soy Henshin!

The red version is the exact same figure that will be a running change in that wave. I tried comparing it to the one at SDCC, and I can't find a single difference in paint apps.

Personally, I just can't wait to get my hands on the X-Force Deadpool, so I can have a complete team line-up. That's going to make for one kickass display.

11. GrimZata

GrimZata Member

It sucks that the rest of the Team is an SDCC Set that sold out before I got a chance to get it on HTS... Hopefully I can track one down later on Ebay for a decent price.

12. Ziginz Zegell

Ziginz Zegell No Fear, No Pain.

At our local Hastings they have a decent dead pool figure in a box with a shit ton of weapons. The figure looks nice but if I recall the price was a little steep. That and...well...there is a little part of me that worries about what havoc a Deadpool figure would cause within my displays. I can almost imagine my other figures screaming at me in outrage @_@. It doesn't make sense but the thought is still there!

13. RMuzzy

RMuzzy Yo Soy Henshin!

Check again today between 11 and 11:30 eastern time. I missed out on Wednesday, but they put them back up around that time again yesterday, and I managed to score an X-Force set and a Derpy Hooves.

14. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Brave Sound~

So I went to probably the most 'popular' comic shop in my city and didn't see him, so question:

Was the New 52 Batman released already? (more specifically, canada?)

15. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

No idea if he's been released there, but he's been in comic stores in the U.S. for at least a few weeks now.

16. dchoc

17. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Brave Sound~

No weird colour variations, even Fury's in there. Looks like damn fine set. How much is it going for?

18. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

Nobody seems to know just yet, but considering it's eight $10 figures with none of the oversized accessories, I'd expect it to be a "special value" at $50. Mayyyyyybe even $40.

I'd consider getting it if it's $40 and they fixed Hulk's lower legs by molding them in GREEN plastic & painting the pants, instead of the other way around like the single figure. I never bought Loki, and my Widow looks far more like Lady Miss Kier, so I'd effectively be in it for 4 figures anyway.

19. dchoc

You know what? I'd rather they produce a 6" version of Movie Black Widow, and possibly add some accessories... maybe some arrows for Bart too.

20. ultrasoul

ultrasoul 仮面ライダーディックヘッド

Might as well ask for a 6" Mark VII while you're at it. Oh, and also that Thor with the sleeveless movie-accurate outfit that was shown at NY Toy Fair last year. It's really not Hasbro's call anymore, since Walmart was the only retailer interested in the line (and 6" Amazing Spider-Man,) and look how spiffy things worked out for everyone on that one.