Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 09: "Genm Master 2018"

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Toku Prime, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

This week: The largest ham in the franchise is back, and this time he's got a floppy hat! Yes, not even the events of Ex-aid being scrubbed from history can dissuade Dan Kuroto from delusions of grandeur and maniacal laughter!

And oh hey Hina and Eiji are back I guess. Looks like Eiji followed his dad into politics instead in this timeline.

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

How fun it must be for Tetsuya Iwanaga to reprise this role. Truly, no other actor has ever hammed it up this much...
    Also, I though we would be lumping episode discussions together? No? All right then...

Episode 9...
    It makes a lot more sense for Kuroto to have the power of OOO when you realize that Genm Lv. 2 has a purple color scheme, and OOO's final form (PuToTyra) also has a purple color scheme. You could call it a coincidence I guess, but it's still a happy coincidence.
    Also, when Kuroto sticks his tongue out like that, it makes me want to cast Tetsuya for a live action version of Kakyoin (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure). Am I the only one who thinks he'd be awesome for that role? No?
    Not much else to talk about since we all know that this episode is clearly setting up the events for part 2. There's no way Sougo would accept becoming an underling, and he wouldn't provoke Geiz without a reason.

This was Deadpool levels of 4th wall breaking, and I love it! They admit that it's just a TV show, they poke fun at how Kamen Rider is basically just an excuse to sell toys, and Tetsuya teases Okuno (Zi-O) for flubbing his lines. I wish I was part of this! Actors really know how to let loose and have fun with each other.