Kamen Rider GHOST merchandise - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by KamenRiderUNDERGROUND, Sep 4, 2015.

1. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

It's taken awhile but now the first post is fully updated with catalogue listings up to March as well as candy toy and gashapon list.

2. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

January toy listings revealed:
    Nothing on the 2nd
    Nothing on the 9th
    16th: GC08 Goemon Ghost and Ryoma Ghost Set (2600 yen)
    23rd: DX Machine Hoodie & Houdini Eyecon Set (4000 yen)
    30th: DX Necrom's transformation Brace I'm not gonna try romanizing (5000) and Necrom vinyl (900)

3. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Sorry to doublepost again, but Gashapon set 11 was just revealed. Unknown release date but it'll feature the Drive Ghost Eyecon in normal and sparkling versions. No other Eyecons in the set known at this time.

Also, from the net movie trailers and the PB listing for the Kuuga through Decade Eyecons, we now know that the Legend Rider Eyecons are labeled R01 (Kuuga) to R16 (Drive).

4. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I gotta say, the Boost Eyecon is a real disappointment.

5. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

6. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

Well, it's disappointing because it's an eyecon; it's in it's nature to make children cry with disappointment.

7. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Nothing moves. It's just a button on the side to activate the same light and 3 different sounds.

8. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

what'd you expect? it's a eyecon with electronics inside.

9. Photon

Photon Shining~

The Eyecon's flipping mechanism has to be removed to make room for the electronics, so......yeah

10. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

There's no reason they couldn't do both.

11. Photon

Photon Shining~

They could, if there's enough room. Apparently there isn't.

Though I think it would have been much better if they just didn't bother with the electronics and have all the voices stored inside the Driver instead, and have the Boost Eyecon be like the others, with flipping mechanism inside it.

I mean, most of the voices already came from the Driver anyway.

12. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Yeah, I'm with Photon but also SquidKing does have a point, there's really no room in the Eyecon for both lights/sounds and the flipping gimmick (See also Necrom), but there's no reason why the Gashapon version that comes out later this month shouldn't have a flipping gimmick since they already said it won't have the lights and sounds gimmick... but it won't have that either.

So yeah, Boost is pretty disappointing as an Eyecon. Definitely not worth the 2000 yen asking price at retail.

13. Photon

Photon Shining~

Wait, doesn't that mean the Gashapon Boost Eyecon will be literally just an empty shell?

Wow, that's......stupid and bad.

I just can't see people actually want one, other than for having an absolutely complete collection.

That makes me wonder though, if Gashapon Boost Eyecon has a flipping mechanism, wouldn't it look really different than the DX version?

14. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

It looks the same on the outside, but making it look totally different hasn't stopped them before. Just look at Kachidoki or the Fang/Xtreme Memories.

15. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

That's because lock seeds and Gaia memories RULED.

16. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Exactly. You can easily fit some lights inside of the flipping mechanism in the eyecon, and have it power from the push to flip, with the speaker in the Driver to make all the sounds. Then you still have lights, plus it actually does the one nice thing these little gimmick items actually have.

17. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

18. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

19. Photon

Photon Shining~

People already guessed it will happen though, based on how long it took for them to release Newton's GC, despite Newton being the most promoted form and the earliest form shown.

What most people questioned is why Himiko is also a PB exclusive alongside Newton.......though looking at the series, it feels like they will soon explain why, considering Newton keeps running away whenever Himiko shows up.

20. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

It's probably just that Ghost's base body has 7 forms and Boost has 3 dedicated forms, so in both cases one form would have to be skipped just by virtue of the bodyless GCs coming out in 2-packs. As much as I personally love both forms, they're the easiest skips because they don't have a big DX toy that they're also promoting.