Kamen Rider Ghost - Episode 18: Turnabout! Mystical Science

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Photon, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Photon

Photon Shining~

[​IMG]

- I find it funny Akari said Newton running away is because mechanical malfunction, when she at this point should already knew Eyecons are mystical in nature.

- umm, how did they were able to see Yurusen if the Spider Lantern is not there?

- Interesting how the monolith in Ganma World bears that kind of eye.....

- So it seems Alain has stayed the same age for 10 years, and has lived for at least 150 years.

- Dat takoyaki scene :laugh:

- Alain begins to have his doubt, meanwhile, the production staff did an error with Megauloader's voice xD

- This episode really cements the fact that Akari and Onari are a really great couple.

- ......somehow Newton suddenly willing to work with Himiko feels a bit weak, like it came out of nowhere. Himiko also just kinda accept the whole thing, despite previously being annoyed at even just hearing Newton's name.
    It's basically them working together just this once to help their master, it doesn't feel like a strong connection has actually been formed between the two.

- When Igor is finally destroyed for good, it will be really satisfying, as they're trying to make him as annoying as possible :laugh:
    Also, where did his Proto Megauloader came from anyway? I wonder if we're going to get an explanation on that.

- Next episode, another reused suit.....and a new monster. I honestly thought it will be just a barrage of reused suits from now on for several episodes long :laugh:

2. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    Onari's "told you so" look to Akari was some of the best acting this show has had yet. That, plus Alain's "you ate it" line reading to Kanon, were comic gold.

Leave it to Keiichi Hasegawa once again to actually give a damn about the side characters. I enjoyed the Himiko/Newton parallel to Onari and Akari, really tied those storylines together very well. I don't see them as a couple at all (their ideologies are far too different, and Akari shows some clear affection to Takeru), but that makes their relationship so much better in my opinion.

3. Solari

Solari New Member

I enjoyed Hasegawa's episodes in Drive, and this ep is quite solid too.

My favourite scene is the one at the takoyaki stand with Kanon and Alain. XD It was hilarious!

4. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Gotta wonder how Kanon lost her body in the first place if she was herself in the Ganma World.

There was some great acting and use of the side character these last few episodes, though I find the writing was a bit weaker than usual. Maybe it's the editing but the pacing of the last two episodes felt weird.

Also sad we didn't get to see the Himiko fangirl return :p she was cute.

And if the bad guy used a magnetic field...and waved around giant scissors... wouldn't Eddison, with his electrical powers had been a way better and tactical choice than Newton?! Geez writers, think!

Sanzo Damashi was cool looking, but there was no special chant?! ><

5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Could they not find a female voice actor to do Himiko's voice? Even if you're being cheap, surely getting Akari's actress to do a deeper voice would be better?

I feel like the better Onari and Akari's actors perform, the more noticably wooden Kanon seems by comparison. :redface2:

I had to go check online to make sure that Alain's sister wasn't being played by the actress who plays Freya/Flay in the 'Legendary Rider Souls' youtube shorts.

Igor somehow reminds me of Captain Nira from Drive...only without the "I want to stab him to death with a spoon!" level of annoyance. Also his Knife Ganma backpack was pretty cool. I liked the jointed skeleton arms still holding the blades.
    Edison hasn't just been re-released in a two pack with Himiko though.

6. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

I think the point was to have one person do all voices for the parka ghost which considering said person is tomokazu seki, well let's just say that dude has got some range.

7. Photon

Photon Shining~

When I said "couple", I don't mean as in "love couple", but as in "these two character fit so well together despite their differences".

And yeah, I like the Newton-Himiko / Akari-Onari parallel too.

Like I said above, it was most likely an error. I think in the future they'll have him use Sanzo Damashii again to compensate, this time with the chant.

8. Undrave

Akari playing Himiko and Onari as Newton would have been some great echo...

9. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Well seeing as the Necrom Eyecon wil be staying with Spectre for as long as the mind control plot keeps going, he only has Sanzo and Grimm to use (or he could get another Eyecon, but I doubt that will happen given that the toy version of his changer only recognises the three he currently has). So I'm sure we'll see it a few more times.
    lol and slightly ironic as it's a reverse of their usual positions regarding science vs mysticism. :sweat:

10. Undrave

It only recognizes three? Dang that's lame... it has such a cool voice :/ Now I wonder if I want it or not... Speaking of voice I wonder if there's an 'empty' spot in the Ghost Driver so they could add more Toucon Boost style eyecon with their own sound effects to fill it in? Like some of the special switches with the Fourze Driver.

Anyway yeah the ironic echo would have been great! But I guess kids wouldn't have noticed?

11. Photon

Photon Shining~

There are a few, one even belongs to Specter as it has Batchirimiro standby voice instead of completely silent. Likely reserved for his upgrade later on.

Another has Batchirimina standby voice, perhaps for Ghost's final upgrade?

Also, Necrom Eyecon inside Ghost Driver uses a completely silent one, as all the voice came from the Eyecon. They can just reuse that for other special Eyecons.

12. Undrave

Sweet, glad I got the Ghost Driver.