Kamen Rider Ghost - Episode 11

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by BLASTMATIC, Dec 21, 2015.

1. BLASTMATIC

BLASTMATIC Lurker

Ghost is really turning me into more of fan, I already had liked the suit and slow burn start was good maybe a little stale but good enough and specter debut was interesting. either way the series has been hitting a high-note and the storytelling has been pretty good and i love how that episode of drive, tied into the series and it seems they're being so far consistent with everything so far.

this episode was the end of the specter arc and the beginning of what's to come on ghost and i love the series, this episode was fantastic and recap every episode does add allot of episodic-ness to the series.

what do you think of this episode so far, it was great

2. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

A few thoughts about the episode:
    - The way Saionji go was anti climatic. If the wasn't photos of the actor receiving flowers, I'd thought that he will return later in the series
    - Makoto actor's acting was great. From the moment he thought there is no hope to save his sister to when he embrace her, they all look very genuine
    - The Ghost & Specter vs Javel fight was awesome
    - Next episode will be the end of the "99 days" arc. I wonder what will come after this?

3. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Yeah, Saionji never really got much.

4. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

It's a bit strange seeing Sayonji just going like that because you would think he has a lot more to do with the plot etc...

Don't like the sudden 'hey let's be friends right now even though I tried to kill you literally an hour ago' attitude from Makoto, did he even say sorry? Ok he said thank you at the end once but how could he be interacting with everyone else with awkwardness?

Oh can't help but think of poor old Sid when Javel was being thrown back and forth on the walls by Newton Ghost. :laugh:

5. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

Makoto issues with Takeru was nothing personal. It was more that he was so desperate to revive Kanon that he didn't care if his old friend was in the way.

6. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

You're right with that. But I find it strange that one can try and kill another and then instantly pretend like nothing happened. Even after Gou grabbed Banno from the Roidmudes he went through a period where he couldn't face Shinnosuke properly.

7. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

I think that scene is also filmed at the same location where Sid got crushed, right?

8. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Saionji being killed like that was anticlimactic... but it's clear the old man is a bit more sinister than he lets on... he clearly has some plans for Takeru that were foiled when he didn't choose to revive himself.

And then that fight with Javel! That was intense and super cool! Can't wait to see that Goemon soul in action!

9. HurricaneDragon

HurricaneDragon Member

The show's definitely picking up still, but the fight was honestly really... not impressive to me? Like, the past couple of shows either had alright to decent choreography, or they were stuck in toy hell for a little while.

Here, I can't give it the same excuse, because this show's "toy hell" has a bunch of weapons that could be used for interesting fights.

... but instead, we get stuff like characters switching to ranged forms and rushing the enemy, and perhaps the worst offender yet, Takeru turning into Beethoven so he can go brawl instead of using the magic musical notes like he should be?

These forms are varied enough that they could be realistically used differently, but this was just a mess.

10. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

HD, you might want to skip the Genesis movie when it comes out. It's almost entirely toyetic. Billy the Kid is in the movie for exactly 2 seconds.

11. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Tell me about it.

How about the irony of Billy The Kid Eyecon calling out that it never misses its mark, while hitting the wrong person in the process?

Or all the hype behind calling out Captain Ghost, only to be dismounted within the next minute?

This fight was all sorts of disappointing. It's just nice that the story itself was interesting.

12. raden238

raden238 Member

I thought Saionji's death was pretty flat. They build up this creepy old man as the main villain with a mysterious plan for 10 episodes and then he just turns into thin air all because he didn't have a Ghost Driver, so his wish wasn't granted. But on the plus side, its gonna be nice to see more of Aran and Javell and what evil stuff they're planning. That was the weak point of the episode.

Seeing Ghost and Spector fighting alongside each other for the first time was special and it was nice that they both used all 10 form changes during the fights.

I am a bit confused about next episode though. So since Takeru didn't grant the wish to save himself, hes gonna stay dead for real but yet the preview looks like the gang is still collecting the eyecons including the 5 that weren't used yet. So couldn't they just do the whole thing all over again to save Takeru? or is it a one time thing with the wish and that Toukon Boost Damashii is gonna fix everything?

13. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

^ Javel took 2 eyecons in this episode, so they don't have enough 15 to get the wish

14. ferosaki

ferosaki Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !

I guess i was wrong then about the death, in this case bringing back someone from the dead which is kanon chan......except there will be an explanation that she's in fact never dead, just a kind of body not having a soul inside it, being trapped somewhere like someone in comatose :p

Aside from my nitpick above, i think this eps serves as the best episode yet though the action is..dull
    I do wonder what is the function of toucon boost eyecon in next week..is it to make long takeru's deadline or is it just a basic combat upgrade, hmmmm... ...

15. Photon

Photon Shining~

- ........that was it for Saionji? That's lame. Not to mention, didn't he has the uncovered Driver?

- Hmm, I wonder what did the Hermit meant when he said "they have noticed?"

- That's so convenient, having most of the Eyecons being near each other like that......

- Double Henshin :D Also, this is what the chant for Ore Specter Eyecon should have been. Announce both at the same time, not one by one with a bit of awkward delay between them.

- lol, Takeru, you shouldn't miss the mark when using Billy the Kid.

- Oh look, Takeru finally gained Edison back.

- What, no chant for Robin Hood & Nobunaga? xD

- lol, Overlord's hideout.

- Hmm.....so now the Parka Ghosts have actual consciousness? That really came out of nowhere.

- Next episode's preview is a bit weird, showing Boost before showing Takeru ascending. Makes me wonder if they want to throw us off by switching the order of the scenes.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016