Kamen Rider GAIM merchandise - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by KamenRiderUNDERGROUND, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. KamenRiderLeo

KamenRiderLeo It's morphin time! Dragonzord!

Well right now on back order at amiami.co.jp I have the proto 10 arms lock seed as well as the deluxe dragon/ dragonfruit hex energy arms I actually has a empty Genesis driver that I'm going to use for cifically for that lock seed but it won't stop me from definitely trying Jinba Dragonfruit arms! Hey if we can get I return to the jinba arms w/ jinba maron, and hey Gunn hasn't gotten a Cho form yet to my knowledge..... I'm basically saying I'm going to get to mess around with a lock seeds again try it crazy different combinations then again lockseeds were always an incredibly fun gimmick

3. Photon

Photon Shining~

So it is true, there is a restock for Sengoku and Genesis Driver.

Local community in here. Someone in here even open up pre-orders already, long before Actar's above post.

Anyway, I'm getting Durian and Proto Suika soon, and hopefully Yomotsuheguri as well. Once I got all three, the only ones left to get are the LS-10 Suika, and Fake Donguri.

After that, it's waiting time for Maron Energy + Genesis Core set. Maybe if there's a chance for it, I'll grab Dragonfruit Energy, Mango, and Kiwi as well.

I'm not collecting all Lockseeds, just the ones I'm interested in :p

4. Actar

Okay, would you guys recommend pre-ordering the Zakuro Lockseed/Savior Arrow? I'm seriously considering not picking it up due to the fact that I'll have to track down that damn Blood Orange Lockseed if I do... Just afraid that Zakuro will be a really cool villa... yeah, who am I kidding.

5. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

Here's the PV for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGB4Yv8a_V8

The finisher sound for the Arrow sounds different from the usual one.

Also the first batch of pre-orders have ended, second batch will ship in January.

6. Actar

7. PowerPhantom245

PowerPhantom245 Lurker

8. Zeltrax541

Zeltrax541 New Member

YEAH, took them long enough!

Why do I get the feeling that an announcement of SHF Jam isn't too far behind? With the addition of the Chaser V-Cinema news & Gaim Gaiden 2 now out in the wind, it seems weird that Jam's Lockseed is only getting a release now when it could have released during Drive's run. Seems weird to me, that's all. Plus, Jam's listed as another rider potentially getting his own V-Cinema along with the other Gaim riders who didn't get one. If Jam gets one, it would DEFINITELY have to be set after the series since Jam went kaboom last time we saw him.

Anyway, I am so buying this puppy. It's only about 20 bucks to which I thought it was gonna be more expensive than that. I do wonder - What rider indicator will Jam be? I'm thinking Bravo's Electric Guitar sound because Jam wouldn't seem right if he reused Mars's trumpets.

9. PowerPhantom245

PowerPhantom245 Lurker

It's going to have "Wafu Sound", which is the same kind of traditional Japanese music used for Gaim, Zangetsu, and Kurokage.

10. Zeltrax541

Zeltrax541 New Member

AH. Thanks, PowerPhantom. I didn't know which one Jam would have since we never heard one when he showed up.

11. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

Well it's finally made its appearance I guess.

Also I've heard that there's ANOTHER poll for the next Gaiden, need to confirm this though...

It's crazy the show started in 2013 and we'll be getting DX Merchandise in 2016!

12. PowerPhantom245

PowerPhantom245 Lurker

Since 2/4 New Generation (Zangetsu and Duke) has REGULAR Lockseed + Faceplate, I hope there will be REGULAR Cherry (Sigurd) and Peach (Marika) for future Gaiden.
    I like the format of Gaiden this time, where one is Regular (Knuckle) that takes place after the series, and other is New Generation (Duke) that took place in past or during the series.

Here's my preferred line-up for future Gaiden series:

Gaiden 3 - Bravo & Marika (Peach Lockseed; Chinese Gong (Ryugen))
    Gaiden 4 - Guridon & Sigurd (Cherry Lockseed; Guitar Riff (Bravo))

This would cover regular Lockseed for New Generations.

13. UltimateOtaku123

UltimateOtaku123 Lurker

It would probably be more than likely be set before the series when kougane was first created and/or the time in between the gaim soccer movie and the final episode explaining how kougane gained enough power back to become Jam.

14. UltimateOtaku123

UltimateOtaku123 Lurker

15. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

As someone who was looking forward to a restock of Gaim toys during its airing in HK, some idiot in the company decides to revamp the toy line and produce MINI VERSIONS of the toys. Have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-sAMMjUss

It's an absolute tragedy, I have no idea who thought of this:

- All the sizes have been completely dumbed down.
    - Lockseeds have no sounds, it automatically lights up when you flip them over.
    - Lockseeds are not 3D, instead they just have a sticker at the front, the sticker instead showing the arms weapon is also gone.
    - You also have to physically pull the lock apart to "unlock", the buttons are the side don't work.
    - No faceplate on the Sengoku driver and they are irreplaceable.
    - All the sounds are in the belt, the hook bit on the top is gone. The sounds are done by the pin system and the slash of the knife has no effect whatsoever, the henshin timing is completely predetermined.
    - No finisher sounds, but you get some stupid additional sounds like "Happy Mid-Autumn festival".
    - Musou Saber now has a Sword and Gun mode that you have to switch between from the power button, so you can't just pull the trigger and shoot.

This has to be one of the worst things they've done to the KR merchandise (if not the worst), the remaining Gaim toys won't be produced anymore and the prices will shoot up.

I honestly fear to the Energy Lockseeds and the Genesis Driver...

16. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

I think the Lockseeds are still not impossible on sites like eBay.

Anyways, wow, that looks like the bootleg Kamen Rider stuff.

17. Actar

What. They've actually sunk below Bandai of America. That's some feat. (-.-)

18. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

Here's the review of the toy (sounds are towards the end of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obExZqWrOE

The speaker seems terrible to me as well, and apparently you can't take the belt straps off once it's clipped onto the main belt.

19. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Found another series of videos on it in the suggested ones at the end. No Matsubokkuri or Kurumi sounds somehow disappoints me more than the rest of the obvious failings of this toy.

20. Actar

Out of morbid curiosity, I really want to see how the various Japanese toy reviewers react to these.

In other news, the armor display mode of the S.I.C. Gaim figures are nothing short of brilliant. Seriously, way to elevate the show's concept in such an amazing way.