Kamen Rider Fourze: Roleplay Items and Other Merchandise

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by KamenRiderUNDERGROUND, Jun 22, 2011.

1. redracer2004

redracer2004 Member

Well I got a friend getting them at near yen price, so I am happy this friend helped me out completing all 40 DX Switches.

Talk about Foodroids, in my quest, I cannot leave them out but they are so annoying that they don't do anything constructive.

2. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX The Writer

Home Page:
    If anyone still needs them currently Gachapon Set 13 is currently flooding ebay.

[​IMG]

:D going to finally get me that camera switch.

3. BoukenSilver83

BoukenSilver83 shinkenchange!starninger!

i like fourze as a series i just dont like the toys because it's just too many switches to buy and swapping out switches 3 or 4 at a time in one episode it's just mind blogging, i wish on the series they use 1 switch in episode instead of constant swapping because you have so many switches, i think having much is a little too much.

with wolzard, im looking forward to it, im not going to buy the toys, but looking at the belt it's simple not over the top like fourze's belt, hopefully you dont have to buy 50 rings to consistently break your finger off every time wolzard changes forms in an episode, i just hope they keep it simple this time.

with fourze, they went over the top on the belt and switches and show itself as well. i just hope it's simple this time like i said.

4. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

the reason why fourze has the whole "40 switches" thing is because it is the final part of the kamen rider 40th anniversary. they wanted to celebrate it with 40 switches for its 40th anniversary. know what i'm saying?

after fourze is over, kamen rider should go back to normal. wizard shouldn't be anything special IMO.

5. BoukenSilver83

BoukenSilver83 shinkenchange!starninger!

absolutely, i understand.

6. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

In case you don't know yet Wizard toy catalogues are out, I'll do a thread for it in a while but I can't be arsed right now.

7. Ayumi

Ayumi New Member

Home Page:
    Just got my Fourze belt.... But I don't know how to open the battery slot. I'm afraid I'll break it.

Help please? :'(

8. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

seriously? it IS in the instructions. you push down the button at the top of the cover and slide it off. just like 90% of all bandai electronic toys. simples!

9. sinzz

sinzz Orange

Usually there should be an indent behind the buckle area, you just poke that spot in with a pen or something, and slide out the battery cover.

10. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

11. Ayumi

Ayumi New Member

Home Page:
    I saw the slot, but my problem lied with the fact that when a slid a screwdriver in, it would not pop off easily. I actually ended up damaging the battery slot slightly, something I DID NOT want to do since I buy these belts as collectors items. :/

I did finally get it open, though. I just haven't popped it back in. Don't want to risk damaging it more.

Thanks for your reply, sinzz. You are a true gentleman. I tip my hat to you, good sir. :D <3

12. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Dude..... weak..... It's seriously not that hard. I don't even know how you managed to damage it. I never had any problems.

On that note, I have a different problem. My Hee-Hack Gun doesn't work. I'd test the wire connections, except my multimeter decided to commit suicide, so I'll have to buy another one. Until then... does anyone know what might be wrong?

I've checked the insides and it LOOKS fine, but obviously, I couldn't test the connections properly. I got new batteries, which didn't help anything. Nothing I do can get this thing working. And before anyone asks, yes, I did try turning it on. And I did pull the stupid little white tab out. It just refuses to turn on.

I already got a refund for it, but since I still have the thing, I figured it'd be easier to try fixing it than buying a new one (and I realise I could then return the broken one and essentially pay nothing, but I'd rather not do that).

13. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

Might be just a loose wiring. I have the Chalice Arrow, and it resets itself every now and then, which keeps giving the 'beep' sound which can be quite annoying. I late unscrewed everything and taped a couple of wires together and it worked normally. But the problem keeps occuring after a while, so I gave it a good shake and it's all fine. :laugh:

14. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Haha, sounds like fun. Yeah, that's what I'm assuming is wrong. Once I can get a new multimeter (a good one that doesn't fall apart, this time), I will test the connections and just solder new wires to it if I find any broken wires. I guess I could do that now, but it'd be a pain to re-solder EVERYTHING in there.

I'm also tempted to add an LED to it, but I have no idea if I'd be able to make it flash in time with the sounds. Probably not, without adding an IC or something into there, and that's far too complex for me.

15. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

If you need it to flash you probably need an IC with resistors + capacitors to control the time constant, with an extra input triggering the chip = too complicated and not enough space.

Alternatively search for vids on youtube and see what they do.

16. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Yeah, those were basically my thoughts. It might just not be worth it. Not sure why they didn't put one in there to start, though. Seems kinda silly.

As for searching YouTube.... I searched the entire internet, and still found nothing. I guess I'll try again, though. I don't remember if I tried searching in Japanese. That might help.

17. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX The Writer

Home Page:
    I'm having a small problem with the zodiart switch, it's getting to using a lot of force to switch it from one mode to another. Any ideas why that can be? It only happened recently when I get it switched just fine.

18. sinzz

sinzz Orange

perhaps the weather caused the plastics to expand, tightening the joint, or you spilled juice or something on it?

No problem, and be sure you are SLIDING the cover off, I see that you mentioned POPPING off the lid; don't do that. You should be SLIDING it off after you poke in the little hole on the battery cover.

19. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    I'd help, but I don't have the Zodiarts switch to actually check. If it were me, I'd pull the thing apart and try to find the problem, but unless you're comfortable taking a screwdriver to it (and cracking it open, if it's sealed with glue or similar, although I kinda doubt that it will be), then I'd say just leave it as is and be careful with it.

It could be something simple, such as a screw on the outside near the hinge that could be loosened to make it work more comfortably, but again, I don't own one, so I couldn't say for sure.

By the way, I thought I'd update about the LED mod for the Hee-Hack Gun. It exists! Per a thread I made a few months back, there is a seller on Yahoo Auctions Japan (kottu1213, ArvelBrain on YouTube) who sells LED mods for belts, as well as Gaia Memories and the Hee-Hack Gun. He's currently restocked the Decadriver mod, now has the Hee-Hack Gun mod available, and also has the OOO driver and Fourze driver LED mods available. They look great (although I'm not sure about the light protruding out of the Hee-Hack Gun, but whatever). I ordered a Decadriver kit through Yokatta Shopping, so I'm finally going to have one.

One last thing. This is a little more off-topic, but I've been looking at some of the DX roleplay stuff (mainly Sentai, but any Rider stuff that I see I may want to nab as well, hence why I'm asking) on eBay that are Bandai Asia versions. From what I understand, a lot of them (particularly the more recent ones, I assume) have much lower sound volumes than their Japanese counterparts.

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the circuitry in some way to reverse this? I don't mind removing components or adding new ones, or having to solder anything. I just want to know if it is at all possible (without, of course, wiring up a whole damn amplification circuit). If so, I'll go ahead and buy some, so that I can modify them to restore them to their former Japanese glory. I have tried searching for info about this, but the only bit I could find was someone essentially asking the same question as this (in less detail).

20. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

China and most Asian countries have different laws regarding how low the volume of a children's toy can be. It is much lower than the Japanese standard, especially in China, and as such it is true that the volume is MUCH quieter specifically the Shodophone which was almost a disaster. From what I can tell it depends on the situation but usually they just add a resistor or something to the circuit in order to lower it in which case you'd just have to remove it and repair the circuit yourself though there are cases where the speakers themselves are actually different though finding out which speakers are in the BOJ version and just ordering/using them is not actually all too hard.