Kamen Rider Fourze: Roleplay Items and Other Merchandise

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by KamenRiderUNDERGROUND, Jun 22, 2011.

1. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kBI9LlILM&feature=related"]????????EX???????????????DRILL SWITCH SUPER THREE - YouTube[/ame]

2. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

That's pretty much the DX toys all released, unless there are movie toys but nothing is on the catalogues.

Capsule Switch 12: Magnet Switches do not have switch states sound effect, they do have the insert sound + switch on sound. Meteor Storm DOES NOT have sounds at all, what a letdown.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEtkq5p5dlQ"]???????? ???12 ?16?? - Astro Switch Capsule Toy 12 All 16 Switches - YouTube[/ame]

3. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

i remember there was some guy on here that complained about the NS Mag Phone's size and he wanted the original small switches like shown in the show. well, now his wish came true. candy/gashapon version.

-_-

4. Orichalcon

Orichalcon Member

Should probably open the lid on this, now that all the switches are owned by some folks.

[​IMG]

This is a very special switch, only available for a week. It's one of my favorite collection pieces. Since it's so similar to the clear Drill, I like to joke that it's the Hopping States switch.

5. Limit Break

Limit Break Meteor, Ready?

Does anyone happen to know all of the switches that are Gashapon exclusive? As in they don't come in a 2-pack set, or with a Foodroid/Role play item? Curious for when I start hunting them down. The first post in the thread doesn't seem to list all of them, and I looked it up a bit and read that some are only in Gashapon or Candy Toy versions.

6. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

It was Rymawh.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega Plastic Addict

Home Page:
    Those would be Hopping, Smoke, Spike, Water, Medical, Pen, Wheel, Screw, Hand, Giant Foot, Aero, Net, and Stamper.

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Okay, I really need help with something, and I've searched everywhere without any luck.

So, the candy toy switches have QR codes on the back, right? I got my first the other day (and previously found a picture of another one's QR code, I believe on HJU, so I already knew about this) and I can't for the life of me figure out how it's supposed to work.

Whenever I scan it with my iPhone, it takes me to a page that has Japanese writing that basically says that my model isn't compatible with the website. I'm guessing that it is referring to my mobile phone model, so I tried using my computer, I tried different mobile user agents, and I even tried emulators for various mobile phones, including dumbphones. I even tried DoCoMo emulators. They all gave me the same message.

Now, supposedly the QR codes are meant to link to a sound file for each switch. That's pretty cool. I found a list of all the QR codes for the candy toys on a Japanese site, but again, I have no idea how to get them to work.

If anyone DOES know, please inform me. I'm seriously stumped.

By the way, for reference, I'm using the Double candy toy switch, which gives me this link: http://scan-switch.jp/qr.php?k=2503045

The website which I found the archive of links on is this site: http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/nao_yoshi/archives/cat_319744-1.html

9. Chris

Chris Member

As far as I know, you have to be on a Japanese network for it to work.

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    Hmm, that's a bit weird. Not unheard of but.... unfortunate. I don't suppose anyone would know how to get around that, would they? I mean, it SHOULD be possible, although mobile phones aren't my area of expertise.

11. Zenoff64

Zenoff64 Member

That really doesn't make sense.

12. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    How so? It makes plenty of sense to me... Even if it is unfortunate. I really wanted to download all the switch sound effects.

13. Zenoff64

Zenoff64 Member

QR codes contain information, why that information would be required to be routed through a Japanese network specifically is what isn't making sense to me.

14. Chris

Chris Member

The QR code contains a link to a Japanese site, rather than the sound itself. Whenever I used it, it would send me to a "This page cannot be viewed in your country" page.

15. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    I know that I have seen with the O-Medals before a way to get around that restriction on a PC, so such a method may exist for the Astro Switches, but it's been a long time and I honestly couldn't tell you how to accomplish it.

All I can tell you is that I know going directly to the page that the QR code would link you to will definitely not work. It might have been as simple as getting the URL for the mainpage from which you could see all the medals of whatever set I was checking out.

16. ClimaxHeroDen-O

ClimaxHeroDen-O Ore, Sanjou!

the essential thing is that QR codes on Japanese products are region-locked to only be accessible via Japanese mobile devices

it's the same for QR codes on Japanese boxes

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

Home Page:
    As Chris said, that is why it can be blocked to people outside of Japan. But yeah, I'm sure there IS a way around it using a computer. I just don't know what that is. If anyone actually knows HOW to do it, that'd be really handy.

18. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

wonder if we'll get a DX Fusion switch when the Fourze Movie comes out?

19. chaos42

chaos42 Member

who knows -at any rate im just glad the series is heading towards its end -i haven't really been able to enjoy fourze -i like the high school setting but i don't like the character much and the suits just terrible -i really wish they had gone with something else -plus most of the switches don't get used that much -i really think its a bad idea -im hoping the next one isn't like this.

I do like the villians of the series not bad on design and though they are a lot like the dopant from W it makes sense when you see foundation X is involved-hope they show up in the next series as well.

But i really feel this lot was over merchandized -it really felt more like a toy commercial than a show this time because of all the switches

20. Zenoff64

Zenoff64 Member

I agree. It feels like a chore watching the episodes just waiting for something actually interesting to happen. Usually I warm up to ugly suits, this time I didn't.

That being said, the toys were still pretty fun.