Kamen Rider DRIVE merchandise - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by KamenRiderUNDERGROUND, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

Have to admit, the bikes are pretty cool. Also, this is exactly why I don't like belts with pre-recorded sounds.

2. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

3. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

TK 10 Kamen Rider Chaser w/ the Wheeler Dynamics and Kikern tires comes out on May 16th. I have no freaking idea why he comes with one of Mach's things.

4. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

wheeler dynamics?

5. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

That's the name of Chaser's default tire. Proto-Drive (Technically Protodrive but I like the hyphen better) has the Archetype Gear, if that can get added to the first post at all.

Also, Lupin Gunner w/ Lupin Blade Viral Core ships on the 14th.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  6. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Sorry for the double post but movie toy info http://41.media.tumblr.com/f0d6d283af2dd4654ab1d9866a719695/tumblr_no8gs0bvcB1tcbqr9o1_1280.jpg

From the KR Drive fan-Tumblr, Shift Next Special is due out early August for 2000 yen with the Tridoron Key (Used to activate the Chou Deadheat sound in the Mach Driver and thus also Super Dead Heat in Drive's). There's also a third section for any "Special items" that might be coming out. HOPEFULLY meaning TK Next/Special two pack or at least TK Chou Dead Heat.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  7. sinzz

sinzz Orange

Chou Dead Heat looks like it will be implementing a new clusterf*** of the riders. Drive's head, Mashin Chasers aesthetics and probably Mach's Body suit again, at least judging by the outline of the body. At least our secondary/tertiary riders are getting a new form!

Also Type Trideron looks pretty aggressive. I like what I see, but I will have to see how it actually looks in suit. It seems like they really took the design of the front of Trideron and put it over Drive. You can see the design of the uncovered tire like Trideron. Nice touch IMO. Also, are the forms on the left his other forms? or the movie rider forms? seems like there will be two different riders or a form change, or at least with the helmet changing.. something similar to DeadHeat maybe?

8. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Chou Deadheat is actually a Drive form using the Mach Driver, and is most likely just a hybrid of Chaser and Drive since it and Signal Chaser use the same standby and transformation sounds in the Mach Driver.

The silhouettes on the right are Drive Type Special on top and New Guy Type Next below it in blue.

Also, for Type Tridoron, I can't unsee googly eyes and big bushy eyebrows above where Drive's visor is.

9. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

10. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

11. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

does anyone have an image list of the packages for all the Dx Drive toys?

12. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

13. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

14. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

Ghost solicitations happened. The first 'Ghost Eyecon' is the special item from the Next Special/Tridoron Key set.

15. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

16. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

PB releasing the three shift cars that Dark Drive possesses, note it only triggers generic sounds on both the Drive Driver and the Mach Driver, so it's really for collection purposes.

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/item-1000098748/

17. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

define generic

18. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

This is why, if they have to do collectables, Gaia Memories and Lock Seeds are the way to go. Ghost looks like it's gonna fall into the same trap, but at least the execution and concept seem cooler in my opinion.

19. Dresden

Dresden Choushinsei

The problem isn't even the limited sounds in the Drivers, they could have easily coded this set to be some combination of Next 00 or Next 05 through Next 07 which would work since they're "Next Shift Cars". The only downside is that they Mach Driver and Trailer-Hou would read them as Signal Bikes, but the former already calls Lupin Blade a Shift Car and it WILL call Shift Next Signal Mach, so it's not like that's stopped them before.

So yeah, basically the problem is Bandai not using the existing sounds to their potential not just the sounds being limited.

20. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

Yeah if you look at the past series, the Gaia Memories and Lock Seeds are definitely the most popular sales way, only the O-Medals come close to them, but once the premium set was released the hype died down.