Kamen Rider Drive Episode 26 - Where is Chaser headed to?

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by kuroihikari, Apr 19, 2015.

1. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

[​IMG]

Where Shinnosuke deals with the aftermath of coming out as Drive and Kiriko deals with the aftermath of rescuing Chase from death

===============================================

More cop drama homages come in (i.e. that trope about the police being run by the enemy). Shinnosuke's background explored more, Chaser comes in axes ablazing.

Love the tiny moments in this episode, like Chief finally becoming serious, Kiriko's owning up to the fact that she put everyone in danger, the ridiculous axe, "Arrest him, according to human rules", Shinnosuke teasing Kiriko for her ear-to-ear grin after being saved, Heart's farewell to Chase ("Farewell, friend")

Great episode all throughout.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

This episode is truly epic, Chaser's debut is amazing. I'm surprised that Heart did not get angry of Chase switching side. The revelation of 001 at the end was interesting, I think the series is moving to a darker tone

3. BLASTMATIC

BLASTMATIC Lurker

that's the thing that got me puzzled and with 001 emergence was interesting and the story is now getting goooooooooooooood i've been happy with Kamen Rider Drive so far. Great episode and so far a fun watch, even if the fandom disagrees wit Drive I like the show so far so good.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I guess, since Chase is a Roidmude, Heart still sees he as a friend... Just one that he hast to go through to achieve whatever goal he has.

It speaks volumes of Heart's character and makes him one of the most interesting villains in the franchise. Instead of the whole "with us or against us" speech, he simply let Chase decide what to do for himself, probably realizing that forcing Chase to continue on their side will not solve anything long term. I'm kind of reminded of Maki leaving his doll with Chiyoko during the last episode, just because they are both evil doesn't mean that they don't care for others, even if they are part of the good guys.

5. Liac0s

Liac0s Member

Technically, Heart is what his name is. He has feelings and obviously doesn't care mostly about himself. I could see him turn sides too, but since he killed Krim, it will be very hard to be accepted, or even end up like Chase.

Brain seems to be picking up now that 001 is "back to business". Let's see how that goes. I really loved that episode, even though I am waiting for the subs to understand everything (and see it all in its glory).

I am wondering if Gou is jealous/angry that Chase got a Maha Driver, which seems more powerful that his, or that Chase gets to be seen as a hero, so he is not going to be killed by anyone.

6. Yoona

Yoona Member

Home Page:
    I think it's (slightly) less petty than that. Gou didn't experience Proto-Drive like Kiriko did. From his perspective, someone who's been actively trying to kill Shin for a long time and has had his programming fiddled with and "updated" multiple times by the other Roidmudes has now been trustingly welcomed into the fold with apparently no doubts from anyone else whatsoever. And worst of all it's Gou's own sister who the killer robot is close to. Any little brother's protective urges towards their sister would be triggered by a situation like this, it'd be weirder if Gou didn't have a problem with this.

Add in the fact Gou just hates Roidmudes in general, and has never agreed with Shin and Kiriko's desire to give them the benefit of the doubt, and yeah, I'm not surprised he's mad.

7. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

I agree with this 100%. Gou's actions so far are perfectly understandable given his motivations. At the very least, he still lets Shinnosuke rein him in, and I appreciate Gou for it.

All we need now is the reason behind his motivations.

8. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

I think next week will reveal why Gou has so much animosity towards the Roimudes. To where he wound up getting a slap from Kiriko for trying to kill Chase.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  9. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Note that throughout the series Heart doesn't get mad that they plans keep getting delayed by the Riders, unlike Brain and Medic, but instead over the fact that Roidmudes keep getting destroyed. If 001 were to share Medic's view that "useless" Roidmudes are better off destroyed, I can see Heart, not so much switching sides, but being force the begrudgingly team up with the Riders towards the end, maybe in dying as he tries to take 001 down.

Btw, is anyone else expecting 001 to look like Krim?

10. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

We've already seen him. He's the old guy that Nira spoke to at the end of the episode ...

11. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Chase's story has taken up half the series! LOL

Now they are starting to move the plot along.

12. bleachjoj

bleachjoj Member

At least the show is giving Shinnosuke something involved in the plot. I still think he's boring and barely someone that stands on his as a character but its a start. The thing with his father comes outta nowhere but again I'm just trying to hold on to anything in this show at this point. Since we finally have another ongoing plot other than Chase's boring story, which has finally moved in a new direction.

And as much as I enjoy Gou being pissy, I tend to agree with him here with everyone's immediate trusting of Chase.

This show really does have some good ideas but the execution is just off. Chase's story of redemption and self-discovery could be good but it went on too long and stayed stagnant until it was time to be a Rider. The angle of enemies in the police force is another great angle but it wasn't really well utilized up this point. Things are kind of just happening.

13. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

So I am currently playing catch up with Drive.

24: It's entertaining. There's still some bad jokes and I still find Gou grating..... However, it's not bad. There's at least some backstory. And at least they TRIED to give a reason to why Mach doesn't have another upgrade (albeit a poor one).

25: Still offering BAD reasons as to why sightings of Kamen Rider and Roidmudes are ludicrous....And happening NOW. Despite.... Several plotholes that would've been a dead give away to Drive's identity and making Krim look stupid, it's a pretty decent first parter without being that big of a first parter. I mean, that's an impressive feat. in of itself. Drive did lots of 2 parters and even a 3 parter.

26: Nice to see the plot finally moving. I honestly don't have a lot of bad to say about this episode, other than the fact that the Chase thing has been weird throughout the series and me not being a fan of Chase's rider form.... I actually don't hate the form, though. I just hate the use of colors.

I'm not 100% sold on 24-26 saving Drive.... Some of the jokes are still bad, I do NOT feel anything for Gou, and I definitely think Roidmudes should die. However, I do think that it's taking steps to make up for episodes 12-19. No, 20-23 didn't sold me on it yet either.

14. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Drive doesn't need saving. It's been pretty good most of the time.

15. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

That's fine. I'm just not 100% sold on it like the first 11 episodes. I won't deny that episodes 20-26 weren't bad though.

16. WriteBoyMac

WriteBoyMac Member

I thought this episode was great. Chase's conflicts surely played up here. But I do think Kiriko's character is in a back seat since we saw her kicking ass in the first few episodes to becoming your usual KR girl. I mean she can fight. At least do something special with her

17. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

When Heart found out that Chase was still alive, he didn't try to force him to choose between humans & Roimudes. Instead he told him to find his own way, to where he respected his choice to become a Rider again. Since in the beginning Chase came off as someone who couldn't think for himself, despite that Brain & later Medic tampered with his programming.

18. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

Now that everyone knows about the Kamen Riders, you'd think the police would want a tighter control over them. Rinna making a new driver seems like it would be a pretty big deal, isn't that technically police property? Shouldn't we give it to someone trustworthy and capable instead of the guy that may or may not be on our side and isn't even human? Maybe it's just because I wanted to see Kiriko become a Kamen Rider, but this was just a little bit too farfetched for me.

Maybe we'll have more of an explanation for this later, but it seems we have nothing but that line about how "only certain people can be Kamen Riders" to fall back on.

Other than that, I'm still excited about the direction the series is going in and I do really like Chasers design, the minimalism looks great and it's probably quite indicative of what a modern Kamen Rider would look like if they didn't have to be weighed down by outlandish themes and toy gimmicks.

19. Frankie Elric

Frankie Elric Lurker

what the hell is Nira's problem with Shinnosuke and I'm calling it now: Nira killed Shinnosuke's father instead of 001

20. Liac0s

Liac0s Member

I think it's kinda different. Nira and that chief (before 001 copied him) had a grudge on Shinnosuke's father, so they killed him. I believe that 001 copying the chief is more like to assume a high role. He seems like a very clever Roidmude, like Heart and Brain, but without their "drawbacks". He could easily understand that such a place is ideal in order to watch out for Krim or whoever would want to kill the Roidmudes. Plus, as the chief would have a secret (if he was involved in Shin's father's death), he would be an ideal candidate for 001 in order to evolve into a better form that could give him extreme power and secrecy.

By the way, one thing I noticed is how Chase's "decision" to assisting the humans, is being "reasoned" by him as protecting humans being hard-coded into him. If that was literal and not sophistical, then that means he is beyond being trustworthy. He is "secured". All is needed is for Krim to make his coding permanent, without the ability to be changed. But I guess it's more like both, as he could clearly choose to protect the Roidmudes as well, if he had a high reason.