Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Ouz - PSP/Wii

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by alternate-zer0, Aug 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CuberToy

CuberToy Member

2. RagnorokKing

RagnorokKing Lurker

Home Page:
    yeah I cant find that. Either its not there or its just me.

3. Lion

Lion Member

I played some Dragon Knight weeks ago and that game is more balanced than OOO´s one

also i found an awesome song in the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight game credits, it starts like Kuuga opening but is cool, im going to record it someday and upload it here

4. Midnite

Midnite Member

Here's Black Shroud's last version. http://www.mediafire.com/?ryn33jje7gdndfz

I ripped the CHOOO SFX and OST long ago, it's somewhere in the Media Matrix. I'd rip the other games' stuff too if I had motivation...

5. CuberToy

CuberToy Member

6. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

My problem with the Climax Heroes series is that they haven't developed too much.

The original on the PS2 was good, but it lacked an Arcade mode and most of the missions in Decade Mode weren't all that great (they were mostly the same boring missions over and over again). Also, they didn't give certain Riders other forms like Hyper Kabuto and Ultimate Form Kuuga.

In W for the Wii, they didn't do much to fix these problems. In fact, it was pretty much the exact same game but with Double/W and Kaijins. Also, they could've at least give graphics good enough to call it a Wii game. They look like slightly updated PS2 graphics.

OOO for the Wii and PSP added a couple of major changes like Arcade Mode and replaced Decade/Climax Mode with Ragnarok Mode, where you beat up a bunch of Kaijins and even some Riders. Plus they updated the controls and moves a bit and they finally added the other Rider forms. But even with those, it's still too much of the same. I could understand W being a mere update, but I was expecting OOO to be a full-fledged sequel, especially since it was released a full year after. You have the same music (although you can customize it in the PSP version), same stages (with the exception of one new stages), and in the Wii version, the graphics didn't improve much compared to its predecessor. Also, I find it ridiculous that they don't put that much Riders from other shows yet they have EVERY SINGLE RYUKI RIDER in the game. Might as well call this Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Ryuki since they have more characters than from OOO. I know Dragon Knight was popular over there, but that's no excuse to unbalance the roster.

Hopefully in the next Climax Heroes (if there is one) they'll make enough changes to call it a sequel and not another update. Completely new stages, new music, a deeper version of Ragnarok Mode, a balanced roster, online play, and definitely put some Showa Riders in it. I mean come on! It's the 40th Anniversary!

7. GekiDan

GekiDan ジェイ・イー・フュージョン

Home Page:
    It is because they just copy-paste them from he Kamen Rider Dragon Knight DS game...

8. CuberToy

CuberToy Member

You mean KRDG Wii :p (if it were DS, it's cill be pretty ugly though)

9. RaiDK

RaiDK Supaidaman!

Climax Heroes OOO is fun for what it is, but it's glaringly obvious it wasn't a big budget production. Lots of cut corners everywhere.

Not to mention because they release it early in a show's lifecycle you don't actually get all the abilities or forms of of the series that it's for. Oh well, maybe next year's will be better?

10. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

Ok but was it necessary to copy all of them? I don't think so, even if Dragon Knight is pretty popular over there. They could've just copied the most important and best Riders in Ryuki. We didn't need the ones that had like 1 or 2 cards like Gai or Imperer. And taking their place would be Riders like Psyga, TheBee, and Skull.

What they should've done is release the Dragon Knight Wii game to Japan, but they didn't. If they did, they wouldn't have to copy every single one of them.

Also, another problem I have with OOO is certain Riders don't have finishers at all. Like Kaixa, G3-X and Cyclone-Accel Xtreme. Couldn't they at least get a Rider Kick or something?

And another thing, they should've not given Zolda the gun again. That just makes winning fights way too easy. It should've been used for special attacks or combos, but he uses it right from the get-go. Torque had the exact same problem in the Dragon Knight Wii game.

But despite these flaws, it's still a really fun game to play.

11. Subarunyon

Subarunyon Member

My Gripe with the Dragon Knight Riders is not that they're actually in the game... I'm cool with that; after all it takes them no effort to just copypaste them in. The problem is in Arcade mode I keep fighting Ryuki riders over and over again!! D:

I actually like alot of the Ryuki rider's movelist, but you're right it would be awesome if we get Psyga, TheBee, Skull. I wish Saga or Gills is in the game.Why is it that we have G3X but not Gills?

Another comment from me is... Accel sucks. Hard. As Trial his only chance of winning is spamming the weak combo (it does like 16 hits) and aim for a guard break. Even then he has no attack worth using after guard break is acheived. I can't win Arcade with Accel (on hard). Defense-oriented riders like Gai just pwn him. He needs a major buff in the next installment :/

On the other hand, I just discovered how fast Kiva's gauge fills. Spamming CastleDoran is a pretty unique way of fighting, but very un-riderish :lol: I wish in the next game we can have more of the basic form Hissatsu. Kiva being able to do proper Darkness moon break was a nice surprise. I was thinking he would go Emperor like most riders. Especially I want to see Agito, Blade, and Faiz do their proper hissatsu!

12. Nanami Tenkawa

Nanami Tenkawa 優しさの大人少女

Home Page:
    you have to use install data in PSP and use the sounds in MP3 format only. and put on the folder which location in Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO. and viola! ^_~

13. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    It's not a case of removing Ryuki Riders and replacing them with others, they are just ports. It's little work. The theory of not including doesn't have any cons, it makes the roster bigger and it's a lot less work than making any from scratch. If they only included some, people would ask why they didn't include all of them.

As for why they didn't include some other of the secondary Riders, they're just simpler not as popular as some of the others and let's face it, their move lists are extremely limited or terrible. Autovajin anyone?

I would f'ing love to be playing some Skull action.

14. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    This was actually what I wanted to know considering all the sounds are ripped, is there a pack with all the models ripped as well?

15. kaiserEXA

kaiserEXA Member

Mangaed to find a custom soundtrack patch,which has its own soundtracks,but it wouldn't allow me to implement my own since my own tracks won't play.Help?
    the patch i got is the one with this instructions
    (Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO custom BGMS
    -----------------------------------------

1. Open your Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO ISO with WQSG_UMD
    2. Drag and drop this folder's BGM.afs to PSP_GAME > USRDIR > data.
    It'll automatically replace the original file.

That's all there is to it, enjoy.
    -Hikawa)

16. Subarunyon

Subarunyon Member

I like it that Autovajin is there. When I introduce the game to friends I can use Vajin so they don't think that I'm letting them win too easy :lol:

I played it more now and realized that there are actually most of the basic rider finishers there. I think we're just missing Kuuga, Blade, and OOO?

17. -sdp

-sdp Nube

You have to think of the game as an updated version of Climax Heroes and not a new game, like say when they re-release some game with the DLC and call it the "updated edition" or the "International version". They are quick updated ports for more money, not to make a new game, they just make a few new things/characters and there it goes but they weren't going to put too much money into more riders. Now they had already made every Ryuki rider for the Dragon Knight game which is the same exact engine just with the Ryuki roster instead of Heisei riders, they already had them, so why not include them as well, they aren't replacing any other Heisei or even Showa riders, this is like a free extra that cost them no money to add and made the game more appealing since it now had more characters. I would be angry if they hadn't been included since I knew they were already made for the american version of the game.

Now the fact that they've updated the game twice probably means it sold decently, counting the PS2 is dead, and the Wii/PSP have new hardware coming out, I doubt they'll rehash the game a fourth time. But obviously the formula of all rider fighting game worked, so we might see a new game based on Climax Heroes and not just updated versions like CH W/Ooo were for PS3/360/Cafe. Its plausible especially with the all riders DS game. My wishlist would be among obvious things that I'm not mentioning (better animation/music/graphics etc) is include the Showa riders. Climax Heroes isn't a bad game, and while it didn't set the world on fire since the game is fairly average at best its a step in the right direction.

18. CuberToy

CuberToy Member

Long time no... post !

Just to say that I really hope for a new Climax Heroes to be announced. Usually it get announced between August and September... Looking forward to it... high hopes !

19. rudd

rudd Member

so W only have one maximum drive in this game?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  20. hmf_master

hmf_master "Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi 相当 즉시 즉시 즉시"

Kamen Rider W has 2 Maximum Drive Cut scene which 1 is Joker Maximum Drive and the other is Extreme Maximum
    There is also other Maximum Drive for Kamen Rider W but that has no Cut scene Like Luna Maximum Drive, Heat Maximum Drive, and Cyclone Maximum Drive