Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by ferosaki, May 26, 2015.

1. RougeRider03

RougeRider03 New Member

Now that we know what all the names of the 15 Eyecons, I have a question, what exactly are the qualifications to be "Heroic".
    Some of the Eyecon figure choices make sense, Musashi, Benkei, Robin were fighters for example.
    Goemon and Ryouma did what they could to make Japan better, and Billy was an outlaw.
    But then you have choices like Beethoven, a musician who wrote as we went deaf, that's inspirational, but not exactly heroic.
    And the Brothers Grimm, who wrote children's stories, again, not heroic.
    It seems like the writes but up names on a dart board and went with which names they hit.
    It just seems like alot of it doesn't make sense.
    What do the rest of you think.

2. raden238

raden238 Member

I think the writers just chose whichever historical figures they liked.

3. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

The actual translation is apparently supposed to be luminary or great people. So it's more that these people have done things in their life that made them to be remembered in history.

4. Photon

Photon Shining~

I'm more confused regarding how they decide which ones are going to be the main 15, or even which luminary is being made into an Eyecon.

I mean, why Himiko is the only female in the main 15? Why there's no Joan of Arc?

5. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Yes, don't forget these are not English nor are they Western. It basically just means famous and important. All of those people are.

Photon, you should notice how many of the non-Asian characters are based entirely on myth or legend. Jean de'Arc is not famous here, and they wouldn't recognize her contribution if they did.

6. RougeRider03

RougeRider03 New Member

Okay, then again, why the Grimm brothers?
    They wroye books, plenty of other people have done that, you don't see Charles Dickins as an eyecon.

7. Solari

Solari New Member

I think some of the ones who were not chosen were remade into ganma.
    Like Book Ganma is based on 'Alice in Wonderland', and Seiryuutou Ganma seems to be based on Guan yu

8. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

Honestly i have no clue. I'm just going to say same thing you said, they had a dart board of people to choose from.

9. Photon

Photon Shining~

The only debatable luminary was Robin Hood - just one. All the others are proved to be real person in history.

I do know that she isn't that famous in Japan. But considering they bother explaining in the series about even the famous ones, I don't think it's an issue.

I think Brothers Grimm weren't that popular in Japan either, although their altered works are popular there. Yet we have Grimm Eyecon as one of the main 15. If we're going by popularity, Himiko shouldn't be one of the main 15 considering even Japanese historians choose to ignore her, while Pythagoras should be, as his name would have been mentioned at least once during math lesson.

......I'll just go with the "they use a dart" explanation :laugh:

10. Torahoko

Torahoko Member

Honestly if you looked at why these people are famous, some are quite controversial, but I do not doubt for a second that they had a pieces of paper tacked on a board and they just had a huge meeting on who would be cool to see as a Ghost Eyecon and who would be a Ganma Eyecon. Also are we EVER getting the Da Vinci Eyecon? Not the Ganma Eyecon version but an actualy Ghost Eyecon. The sounds are in the driver and I think it's only going to be released in Gashapon or Ganbarizing. But back to the original thing I brought up, if some of these Ganma Eyecon were Ghost Eyecons instead, I'd get them without a second thought, I mean a Guan Yu Eyecon? Tesla Eyecon? Or even Capone Eyecon? Come on Bandai give us an alternate set or something.

11. Solari

Solari New Member

^That would be nice...I think Guan Yu would be overpowered as a ghost eyecon though, given that he's a god

By the way, the trailer for the gaiden is out, and Alan/Aran's name is actually spelt Alain according to it.

12. Torahoko

Torahoko Member

I think you're basing that off of Smite haha, he's actually a general of Liu Bei during the Three Kingdoms era of China.

13. Solari

Solari New Member

What's Smite?
    Yeah Guan Yu was a general in the Three Kingdoms era, but he has been deified and has since been worshipped as a god/buddha(Taoism/Chinese Buddhism)

14. Torahoko

Torahoko Member

Oh thought you were basing it off of a game called Smite whose characters are Gods (Guan Yu being one of them), sorry for the misunderstanding!

Sanzo has also been defined as a saint who has reached enlightenment and became a buddha though, not that hard to think Guan Yu could've been a Heroic Eyecon too.

I guess the same applies with Tutankhamun too because of how he was worshipped as a living image of Amun-Ra.

15. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Calling them a God really misrepresents Buddhism. It doesn't mean all-powerful, like in Judeo-Christian mythology.

16. Solari

Solari New Member

^That's true.

Yeah, Sanzo(Xuanzang) is also a Buddha. Though they included monkey, pig, water demon from 'Journey to the west' into the chant for that eyecon...'Journey to the west' is mostly a fictional novel about his journey and was written hundreds of years after his death.

17. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

The problem is that the word "god" is used as a catch-all. (Same with the word "love", incidentally. Latin has 16 or so words for specific kinds of love, while English has only one.) Greco-Roman, Egyptian, Aztec, etc. pagan religions have gods, Hinduism has gods, and the Judeo-Christian 'Creator' is called "God". But even Hinduism from some perspectives has only one "God" being Brahma, the others being different forms of him. In that sense it might be more accurate to say "deity" rather than "god".

Kuan Yu/Avalokiteshvara would be a 'bodhistava'. Maybe you can place him/her as a deity, but not "god".

18. Torahoko

Torahoko Member

well new month means new rumors

Ghost will be receiving the "Mugen Ghost Eyecon" transforming him into Kamen Rider Ghost Mugen Damashii.
    Specter will be receiving the "Deep Spectre Ghost Eyecon" transforming him into Kamen Rider Deep Spectre.

keep in mind that these are rumors and nothing official has shown up yet.

[edit] Confirmed!

[hide][​IMG]
    Ghost Mugen Damashii

[​IMG]
    Deep Spectre Ghost Eyecon

[​IMG]
    The 45 Rider Eyecon (for the movie)[/hide]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  19. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

"Deep" is a really odd choice for a Rider Form name

20. Torahoko

Torahoko Member

Deep Spectre Ghost Eyecon allows Kamen Rider Spectre to transform into Kamen Rider Deep Spectre. It lights up when the button is pressed (similar to the Boost Eyecon) It can be transformed into “Excited Mode” (ゲキコウモード Gekikou mōdo).

“Genkaigan!” (ゲンカイガン!/ Limited Eyes Open) -> “Deep Spectre!” -> “Genkai Daikaigan!” (ゲンカイダイカイガン!/ Limited Grand Awakening!)

“Kyokugen Daikaigan!” (キョクゲンダイカイガン!/ Extreme Grand Awakening!) -> “Deep Spectre!” -> “Giga Omega Drive!” (ギガオメガドライブ!)

The Infinite (Mugen) Ghost Eyecon allows Kamen Rider Ghost to access the Infinite Soul, his ultimate form. It’s a large Eyecon, with the top of the Eyecon (an “∞”/infinity symbol) sticking out of the Ghost Driver. It has several different coloured LED lights.

Kamen Rider Ghost Infinite Soul has several “Life Grand Awakening” (Inochi Daikaigan) attacks: “Anger Slash!”, “Courage Shoot!”, “Fun Strike!”, “Love Bomber!”, “Joy Stream!”, “Grief Break!”, and “Faith Impact!”.

Kamen Rider Ghost Infinite Soul’s strongest attack is “Ultimate Grand Awakening!” (Cho Daikaigan!) -> “Infinite (Mugen)!” -> “God Omega Drive!”

[reposted from http://kamenriderghost.tumblr.com/]