Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V3

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by GekiBlack, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

....whaaaaaaaaaa.....

2. Redryuranger11

Redryuranger11 Blazing Soul!

I second that notion, WHAAAAAAAAA?

Speaking of Bioman, I do have to wonder, what was so special about Bio Hunter Silva that there are people even linking him to Sentai Warriors?

3. Liquid Chris Sentai

Liquid Chris Sentai Member

I think because him being called Bio Hunter Silver makes him sound as if he were the sixth warrior of the Bioman team even though they don't go by names like "Bio Red" or "Bio Green", but rather "Red 1", and "Green 2".

4. GekiBlack

GekiBlack Red Falcon

Yay my first stickied thread heh :anime:

Fiveman Tribute ? Please enlightened us on this :anime:
    Your nephew is awesome :thumbs:

5. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Member

first impressions of the dude...

I kinda wish he stayed in his suit the whole time like SPD Omega ranger >.>"

His face just looks like one of those you want to punch lol.

Hope he get's better ;)

polearm/spear users are always the most badass.

6. ShadowofLight99

ShadowofLight99 Member

So I know all the Gokaigers do the hold henshin device in back of them thing prior to transforming, but the fact that Gai put his fist in front of his has to be a reference to Megasilver.

7. Liquid Chris Sentai

Liquid Chris Sentai Member

I personally find it more odd when they transform into a three person team with extra heroes in it than I do when they transform into a team with a male yellow and female blue.

8. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

Navi took a pass at Dairanger ED in this very episode (Tonde kuru kuru sugoi yatsu)

9. Silvertooth

Silvertooth Member

Home Page:
    Just checked out ep 17 and the reactions to Gokai Silver... I'm sort of wary that they opted to go with Genta Again.

That style of antics and comedy are something you have to be careful with. Genta pulled it off well, Guy... I don't know, maybe its because he's just a bit too meta and a bit too much of a fanboy. That said, I was amused with his fantasy intro for the Gokaiger gang. ("I'm Joe, and I'm STRONG!... and that's my character trait!" :p)

Hopefully we'll learn more about what Gai's Deal is, and see what his robot's like in action.

10. PyroturtleZX

PyroturtleZX Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem with GokaiSilver. I would think that they would choose a personality more related to what the extra rangers have been , and I know that there were some silly extra rangers but I don't think he is the ultimate representation of the silver ranger like most of the other crew is to their respective color. He'll probably be what Accel was to me.

11. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

I liked Gai but I just watched the subs and Gai said "Let's get shiny." Twice. Why did Toei think it was a good idea to copy Antonio from Samurai?....

12. Redryuranger11

^I think you got your lines mixed up, he didn't copy Antonio, he copied Emily :D

Tell the truth I don't know whether I was excited for his debut or not. I mean on the one hand, he's the sixth ranger. On the other hand, I really liked the layout of the team and for once I really liked the five rangers as a whole that I'm not so keen on an addition of another ranger, even if it is tradition.

I have no comment on whether Gai is annoying or not, but I can say that his heart is at least in the right place.

Of course part of the excitement from me could've stem from finally finding out how Gokaisilver works so I can finally utilize Gokaisilver in one of my fanfics, but meh, after seeing him in action I guess Gokaisilver looks pretty cool.

One thing I got to say that's funny is that Gokaisilver Gold Mode actually ends up losing the Gold on his visor. I kind of find it funny that even though he gains gold, he also loses gold. Or maybe that gold visor somehow turns into the armor, who knows.

13. Shirayuki

Shirayuki Lurker

Well it looks like Gai and Antonio have the same tailor lol

Gai is a pretty cool character IMO

14. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

a) How is it a copy when Antonio himself is a pathetic take on Genta in the first place
    b) How could it be a copy considering production times
    c) It's 「ギンギンに行くぜ」 (gingin ni ikuze), a pun on the color silver (gin; gingin = ecstatic) and core gokaigers' catchphrase. Untranslatable directly, of course.
    d) Did you really need one more time to make PR fans look like ignorant people with entitlement issues?

15. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Stupid Golf pre-empting everything next week:shakefist

16. kamen rider simon

kamen rider simon Member

WAIT hey have Golf In Japan?

17. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

They thought it would be a good idea to air US Open... On Tv Asahi...

18. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

Ratings this time only got a 0.2% bump with GokaiSilver's introduction. OOO's ratings didn't move at all.

I wonder if the "11 powers" line was added because the guests aren't doing much for ratings? Well, leaving aside the debate about it referencing the movie or the powers in general (and the contradiction by the text description in the site).

Next week, there'll be three powers at once. It really seems like they're rushing to end the gathering of grand powers, although I guess it might just be a coincidence too. They probably always planned to unlock the three modes of Gokaiger silver's mecha in a single episode.

Hm... It would make sense to try to give Gokaiger some kind of jumping on point right by the time that Fouze will start, especially if the rumors of it being another Rider crossover turn out to be true. Gokaiger's ratings are getting partially hurt due to OOO's own smaller audience. If the next Rider show is another attempt at bringing large numbers of viewers to the franchise, then giving a new jumping on point for Gokaiger right alongside Fouze's beginning would be a very sound strategy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  19. Redryuranger11

Actually thinking about it, Gai was given his changer from Mikoto, Dragonranger, and Timefire right? So . . . wouldn't that mean that those three already have their powers unlocked? I mean isn't the whole Abarekiller, Dragonranger, and Timefire thing a flashback anyway?

Then again I don't think anything has been confirmed so it could be anything.

20. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

It's cause Antonio keeps using the word "golden" all the time. I'm sorry you didn't FUCKING GET THE JOKE!!
    Did you really need one more time to make Sentai fans look like winey bitches every time someone mentions PR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.