Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V3

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by GekiBlack, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldar

Eldar Member

Maybe you three shouldn't take everything off of /m/ as holy writ. None of the subs that have been released seem to agree with this pov.

It seems it was 5 powers from the movie as we originally guessed.

2. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    Ep 15 - Basco is alright, I actually like him and the monkey duo. Really cool to finally see Marvelous' origins with the Red Pirates (AkaRed, Basco). I was a bit pissed that Dragon Ranger got beat a bit too easily but these are drones so it was expected. Loved how Gokaiger thought they won the fight against the first batch of 6th Rangers and then BAM!, even more showed up and fucked them up. Excellent episode.

3. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    I was going by what Japanese fans were saying, and that TV-Asahi's summary for episode 17 says "11 great powers were obtained (see the movie for details!)"

4. GekiBlack

GekiBlack Red Falcon

Our favourite Mexican Mod has not closed V2 yet ... this needs to be stickied NOW :(

5. Project-Trinity

Project-Trinity Member

I want to see the movie nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :sob:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU0H8MlYtEw"]YouTube - ‪Super Sentai Opening Heroine History 1975 - 2011‬‏[/ame]

6. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    For fuck sakes... that better not mean some of our classic teams will be getting the movie only treatment. :mad:

7. GoseiGold

GoseiGold Member

I'm sorry to say it might be the most likely case, there are some sentai actors/actresses don't WANT to come back and those chracters mighr be delegated to just the movie

8. Project-Trinity

Project-Trinity Member

The main problem is that, in Japan, most of the fans will see the movie this week or in the next weeks. Theaters are not very expensive, on their standard I mean.

So every Japanese or Non-Japanese living in Japan fans will not miss much but those not living in Japan has to wait fo a nice person to put the movie on download, until it`s done, many more episodes would have passed.

It`s rare in toku that the powers obtained in a movie or a new mecha is also used on the TV series...

So does it means the story is like tha..... Episode 1 to 16, Movie special, Episode 17+ ?

9. GoseiGold

GoseiGold Member

You have a point and i'll refer to the goseiger movie they got a new gseigreat-like robot i think it's called GoseiWonder or something and it only appeared in the movie didn't even show up for the finale:disappoin

10. Savior Den-o

Savior Den-o The Meteor has landed

Um.....GoseiWonder appeared in the episode where Nozumu and Professor went to pick up Nozumu's mom

11. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    ^ Toei's site said that the movie is meant to be watched after 16, so...at this point, it IS part of the continuity.

Anyway, it was a given that some teams would get the short end of the stick; I was expecting teams like Battle Fever, Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Maskman to be pretty much ignored, or powers that were obtained off-screen, since those are the shows where a good portion of the cast is no longer active in showbiz, but...certainly not teams like Bioman or Dairanger.

I read that the director of Sentai 199, Noboru Takemoto, is friends with some of the people in the movie, like Dyna Pink, Red One and Red Turbo, so he called them as a favor, but it's like..."Way to go, Takemoto! You just blew their chance at being in the show!"

12. FaiaGreen

FaiaGreen Super Sentai fan

I definitely LOLed at that moment of Gokaiger, but I didn't liken it to GaoYellow. I haven't seen Gaoranger yet. (except for episode one and the "GaoYellow's English" clip)

Anyways, onto the review....

OK so far I love GokaiSilver. He's not only freakin' hilarious but also freakin' powerful too! About time we see another good spear user in Super Sentai. But there is one thing I'm bummed about.... the Gokaigers now have 11 of the great powers, including Goseiger. I can understand skipping the Goseiger episode since they're going to be in the movie, but now I'm worried that they skipped some good teams to have episodes for. *COUGH*jetman*COUGH*

13. Loghorn

Loghorn Lurker

The fact that the Gokaigers used the Goseiger keys on the Gokai-Oh in the beginning of episode 17 is definitely proof enough that "Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle movie" is canon to the main Gokaiger season & takes place before episode 17.

14. GoseiGold

GoseiGold Member

Wow...Can't believe i was that stupid to forget, then again i haven't rewatched anything in Goseiger except the last couple of episodes

15. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

Bioman, Turboranger and Dairanger deserves an episode each in the series. Goranger needs an episode or two for obvious reasons.

16. GoseiGold

GoseiGold Member

Liveman needs one too all sentais need one...Except Battle Fever J becuase BFJ Sucks (in my personal opinion)

17. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    I can picture Kaijou/Akaranger showing up to lend a hand in the final fight. C'mon, it would bring his involvement full circle.

It would be cool if the final stretch of episodes was handled Stronger-style. The Gokaiger pick up a Red here and there and have a big team of Reds helping them for the final battle.

18. garfield15

garfield15 Kamen Rider Meta

[​IMG]

Oh god...

19. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

Home Page:
    Gai is using parts of the lyrics of the Himitsu Sentai Goranger theme (red sun, blue sky, yellow dust storm, pink cheeks, green fields) in his intro.

20. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

Home Page:
    Battle Fever J is awesome. Never mind that they spend an entire episode dancing and jumping all over the screen. At least they have character and personality, unlike the lame Dengeki Sentai Changeman (sorry, Brazilian fans - I tried going through the first four episodes).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.