Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V2

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Kivat, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

The pressure he have on the other ones could easily make it possible.

2. GekiKnight

GekiKnight The end justiΦ's the means

DekaMaser, ShikenRed(Hime), Kuro Kishi, WolzardFire, Signal Man, Zuuban, DekaSwan, Mele, Rio and MagiMother.

3. Redryuranger11

Redryuranger11 Blazing Soul!

MUST . . . RESIST . . . URGE . . . TO COMMENT . . . ON THE USE OF . . . THE TERM . . . BULLBLACK . . . :shakefist

4. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZsNl6ZqpI"]YouTube - ‪Gokaiger - Go-Onger And Dairanger Music Edit‬‏[/ame]

So awesome, gives a taste of possible tribute episodes...:)

5. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    so this dude not only has 6th Ranger keys but also EX Ranger keys?. :O_O:

6. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Lurker

7. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

Okay so...
    Am I the only one who thinks that Marvelous and Gai might be brothers?
    When I first saw a pic of Junya Ikeda during the earliest rumors I immediately thought that he looked like a younger version of Marvelous. Would make sense in more ways than one - a Zyuranger tribute AND also works as a dramatic reveal of "Captain was an Earthling all along"! After all, we don't know Marvelous' real name.

8. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Well the Wanted posters pretty much imply that "Captain Marvelous" IS his real name ... or at least "Marvelous", which is what AkaRed called him because he wasn't a captain yet :sweat:

9. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

That's what he goes by, yes, but every other Gokaiger has a name that at least looks like one. And GokaiRed is just that? Marvelous? There must be something to it. :169:

10. lazycoconut

Why not? The Goseigers are non-human and they don't have family names, so it's possible that people from Marvelous's home planet don't have them either.

11. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

They were consistent between themselves. Considering how much Sentai loves thematic naming, an odd one out does attract my attention.

12. lazycoconut

By that logic, Ahim would also be an "odd one out" since Joe, Don and Luka all have vaguely human-sounding names (just not Japanese ones) and she doesn't

13. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

Denial? Denial.

14. lazycoconut

... No, I'm saying the naming theory doesn't make a lot of sense. Marvelous is no more human than Insarn or Damaras, and they have only one name as well

I could buy Marvelous and Gai somehow being brothers - since DragonRanger, the first character that Toei considers a Sixth Ranger, was the Red's brother. But the show has spent so much time establishing the Gokaigers as aliens that it seems strange for him to turn out to be human

15. cosmos89

cosmos89 Lurker

I feel Toei should make something special like making the Sixth Ranger a female.

16. waterballoon

waterballoon Member

yuck Marvelous is way too awesome to be GokaiSilver's brother

17. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

I really really hope it wouldn't go down that route, feels way too fanfic-y for my tastes.

18. lazycoconut

It would make sense as a Zyuranger reference ... but it would either mean making Gai an alien (when the point has been very clearly made that he is from earth) or Marvelous human (when everything so far has indicated that the Gokaigers are aliens - and a plot twist like two Rangers being related should have foreshadowing to it)

19. Redryuranger11

Redryuranger11 Blazing Soul!

The only way possible for Marvelous to be a Human would be if they went the Flashman route where he as a little kid was kidnapped from Earth and went to an alien planet.

But as is, I don't think Marvelous is a human. One of his flashbacks has him invading the Zangyack for treasure. His name isn't that far off in theming with the others (every one has some sort of name that sounds western, his name is an English word). His lack of a last name (or first name) is either an indication of something else that's important, or it's just something superficial. Many characters, mind you mostly humans anyway, in Super Sentai had no last names given to the audience, I.E. Dairanger, Kakuranger, ETC. so I don't think it should matter whether Marvelous has a last name or not.

Besides, is there really any reason for him to be Gai's brother? Burai had a grudge on Geki and it made for a dramatic plot fight. Gai's just . . . some Super Sentai fan. What's that got to do with Marvelous?

20. Mr. Yellow

Mr. Yellow Twitter - @MisturYellow

Summer Movie poster

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.