Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Aoi Kurenai, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

Doesn't change they might be changing it to a four male start to try and force more toy sales.

Though (And I doubt it) it's possible we're getting a blue female again.

2. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

... Changing it? Isn't it already four males? Blue is obviously not female, all female Blues since Blue Dolphin have had cutesy pastel blue for the suit

3. FlameDragon

FlameDragon Professional Chef and Entertainer

so i suppose the transformation device is a gun like what akibaranger did, also other thing to note is that the suits have armor on them like akibaranger had, so i think we called something present

it's really surprising that they changed the order of dinosaurs this time around and even go as far as to have no yellow ranger(though i think yellow could end up being the sixth ranger or just called gold instead). and it's really surprising they gave the pink ranger the triceratops, it's a really good twist to see in a theme that had two versions of it already made.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  4. lazycoconut

It's too early for speculation on this but if I had to guess, I think it likely the Sixth might be a White, or a Gold without the yellow part on the chest. It's almost four years since we had a lone Gold Sixth, and somehow I just think that silver wouldn't look so good with the core team

5. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

Lazy what do you care about there being one female? If the four guys are hot enough you're going to completely forget about the pink ranger.

Pfffffffffft like that's going to happen with one female! Nope were getting swimsuit eps and wedding dresses galore!

But what's up with her being the Triceratops? I mean really even the Parasaur would make more sense.

6. lazycoconut

I do not care if they are as hot as the Chippendales, one-girl teams still suck.

And that is why they suck

... Why?

7. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

I dunno Triceratops are like fat and ram stuff. Girls don't ram stuff with there fat.

8. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

My main concern is with how to try to adapt this one. Presently, how do I explain why the suits look like they were designed by a demented top model reject... OMFG that's fucking brilliant! Lmfao

I should have the person who designed the suits be the comedic side character!

9. Vitor

Vitor When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

Home Page:
    Wouldn't be too hard, they can just do the exact same thing they did with Dino Thunder and make it the continuing legacy of original power rangers

10. lazycoconut

Erm ... :S

I know the loss of J will pain you greatly, but we should start thinking about these dino partners. Looks like they'll be more like the Bakuryuu/Engines than the Buddyroids

11. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

What are you talking about. They'll just make J the red ranger.

12. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Something else just occured to me. Their main weapon/ henshin device is labelled a "revolver" & their mecha are "dino TRAINS" were they trying to pull some sort of western thing here as well?

EDIT: If it is, they should have some sort of saber or staff-like side weapon that they can attach to their Gabarivolver to turn it into a shotgun.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  13. KingWilly

KingWilly *explosion*

Replace dark with dull.

14. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Would you rather have one well-written, balanced female hero, or two childish, cartoony airhead female heroes? Or to the put it another way, would you rather have Blue Dolphin or Gosei Pink and Yellow? Pink Turbo or Magi Pink and Blue? Pteraranger (or Hououranger) or Deka Yellow and Pink?

How about a male-centered wedding episode?

And Geki's wedding-themed episode wasn't so bad. Aside from the toilet humor.

15. lazycoconut

Point taken and conceded :sweat:

Wedding episodes by and large feel a bit out of place to me. They're not really of interest to boys, and the kids in the audience are decades away from getting married. The only one I've ever really enjoyed was Jetman, where you got the feeling that Gai and Ako were only seconds away from trying to strangle each other :laugh:

As stock episodes go, I'd love to see a Kyoto episode again. We haven't had a proper one in Sentai since Geki, and Fourze has made me nostalgic for them.

16. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

I've checked again your top 10 sentai: four of them at least are using 5-man team with one girl (Timeranger, your favorite, Gingaman, Dairanger, and Gaoranger); so that's not because there is just one girl that you won't be able to enjoy it. That said, I'm afraid that recently, there are pretty few well written sentai heroines, be they in 1-girl or 2-girl teams; and the way they're talking about Kyoryuger, I fear it's gonna be even worse

You didn't even like the Abaranger one, which, in my opinion, had a special meaning since one of the rangers was actually a married man?

17. bleachjoj

bleachjoj Member

If they shows ends up being what Toei says it is I wonder how it will affect ratings for Rider. Gobusters seemed to bring Fourze and Wizard down a bit. A show that does well can pick up both shows.

18. Scissors

Scissors Member

You can say a lot about the Showa era series being more sexist, but in the case with Super Sentai, I noticed that not only did they have a lot of tomboy heroines, they also had the "mother figures", which were usually the voice of reason when the team had problems.
    Today they don't really give you those kind of female characters anymore. And please, don't tell me characters like Luka and Jasmine are supposed to be the tomboys. Compare them to a character like Sara (Yellow Flash) and you will see the huge difference...

19. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

You remembered all her favorite Sentais? Ooooooh I think live jetabare isn't telling us something.:p

How can you blame Wizards rating on Gobuster? If people wanted to watch Wizard they would of tuned in after Gobuster ended. And if Fourze started before GoBusters how do you know Fourze isn't to blame for all this!!!

20. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

For blurry pictures I like what I see. The zigzags, the teeth, the jagged logo design are all painfully predictable details, but..it's understandable. I love the sash/armor combo.

The suits are really LOUD, and these are from blurry pics. It's almost as if they're making up for the really quiet Go-Busters' suits.