Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Aoi Kurenai, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Burkion

Burkion SLICE

Go Busters is considered too dark?

How the hell does that work?

2. LawWind

LawWind The Wind Of Justice

Well it is not always a must to have two girls, in a sentai. well they could do what Zyuranger, Abaranger did with their sixths.

3. Allio

Allio DAIMON PAWNCH

I don't think, "Dark" is the right word... but I would go with a bit too serious prior to Beet/Stag buster introductions

4. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Why isn't it? If there are five heroes, two of them should be girls. Women need representation, and female Rangers are important; it's not always easy to find heroines out there that aren't magical girls (no, Sailor Moon and PreCure aren't the same as Sentai)

It seems like an excuse being used so that Toei/Bandai don't have to take responsibility for Go-Busters's poor performance; they can just say "it was too dark, kids didn't like it, it has nothing to do with the toyline we created or the way we constantly meddled with the show"

Luka wasn't a stereotypical girly-girl or a genki cheerleader type. I'd rather see her than another Pink themed around "love" or something of that nature.

5. Blazen

Blazen Member

I think my main problem with the suits right now other than the yellow stripe is the mouthpiece. I would have preferred a full black visor instead.

6. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

Roleplay toys need selling and a female stuntee is a rare bird.
    I'm afraid what you're asking for is simply not viable at all times.

7. LawWind

LawWind The Wind Of Justice

Well ya having more females able to stand up for themselves would be nice.
    Sorry lf i offended anyone.

8. lazycoconut

Not me. I just get frustrated with one-girl teams sometimes.

They've gone years with two stunt guys in the suits ...

On a different note: It's more noticeable in the shot with Green in the front than Pink, but is it just me or are those yellow bits neonish? Are they going to light up or glow in the dark or something? I guess it's appropriate for the battery/electric theme

9. Aoiblue

Aoiblue Raxbait: Hip

Well, if its anything like the Go-onger vibes that I'm getting from, we could get a 2nd female as the 7th ranger lol

10. Burkion

Burkion SLICE

Don't worry Lazy.

Once Saban gets his hands on it, we'll have two girls.

How many one girl Sentai teams has Saban increased the female ratio for?

11. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

Those were almost my exact words on the third page :shakefist

12. Vitor

Vitor When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

Home Page:
    Well before Power Rangers, there were very few sentai teams with two women and even then it was on and off.

13. lazycoconut

LOL, yes, they were! I didn't notice that :laugh: I only thought about it because the local police were handing out reflective strips for people's bikes in the town centre and when I looked at the picture again I thought "hey, that reminds me of something ..."

It might be too early to hope that light-up panels would give us more chance of a battle at night, but we haven't had one since Shinkenger. Take the hint, Toei!

14. Burkion

Burkion SLICE

As far as I can tell, during MMPR, here are the Sentai teams that had only one girl.

ZyuRanger

Dairanger (It counts)

Kakuranger

Gingaman

GoGo Five

Time Ranger

GaoRanger

And the rest should be obvious.

Notably, every single time, Saban has given them all two female Rangers.

So again, I stress Lazy, don't worry too much. This is so common in Sentai that you should be shocked when you DO get two female Rangers-just hang out for the Power Ranger adaptation. Hopefully it'll do it better.

15. Scissors

Scissors Member

I think people shouldn't be afraid of the word "light hearted"
    Magiranger was light hearted too, yet had some very deep story arcs.
    And we have to remember that it is Sanjo who is the writer of this show. I doubt he would ever make something as terrible as Go-Onger or Goseiger.
    If Kyoryuger can have some W-comedy injected into it, then I am going to love the hell out of it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  16. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

But, the Alien rangers only had one chick. xP

17. lazycoconut

A lot of people hate him because of Fourze, but Fourze still isn't written in the same way as Go-onger or Goseiger ...

18. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

I'm all for comedy in my Sentai as long as the action and the villains are up to part. That's not an oxymoron, just look at Carranger. I think the actiony stuff is safe though, considering Sakamoto, now just don't let the writing be Go-Onger 2.0 and it's gonna be alright. I mean it can't be worse than Smile Precure right?

19. Burkion

Burkion SLICE

Bah, they were around for like, five episodes. Besides, you tell me you remember any of them besides Dalphne (?) beyond the Red guy's inclusion in Forever Red.

20. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

I only remember Aurico, that's it. :laugh:

I agree so much.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012