Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Aoi Kurenai, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

I'm guessing they're going to go fantasy as hell with this next one.

2. bleachjoj

bleachjoj Member

Need a better picture. Not crazy how they look so far, there is a lot going on.

3. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

All of the gear is tech based so far, so it's probably going to be some sort of light sci-fi show. Or just a really weird mix of the two, I can't see them wanting to stick strictly to tech stuff after Go-Busters.

4. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

We've speculated time and time again that the probable cause for a Dinosaur theme is that it was a safe winner.

Kids LOVE dinosaurs

After the failure of Go-busters they're going back to what worked.

Also a lighthearted series after all the "We lost our parents 13 years ago on Christmas Eve" is a bit of fresh air.

Don't expect Go-busters to get alot of love on the next anniversary series.

5. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Again, this all depends on the producer and writer. With the right combination, you can get something that actually is fun and light and not just...Go-Onger. (or insert other Sentai disliked)

6. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

How do you get "shlocky horse manure" from "light and fun with action and strong characters"?

If Toei is now claiming Go-Busters was too dark for children, we can safely say it'll be a while before they ever try to do a more "serious" Sentai again.

I would very grudgingly take a single decent female Ranger over another Houka and Urara or Saki and Miu, but it's still token girl syndrome.

7. Dessa

Dessa Fangtaku

I don't mind the design of the suits, or the lack of yellow (since my favorites always tend to be yellow).

I mind the single female. Our sixth ranger had better be female. When was the last time a team that went over 5 only had one female?

8. Vitor

Vitor When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

Home Page:
    "Light and fun" usually winds up being something along the lines of Den-O or Goseiger. Trust me, I'm not one of those people that has a problem with comedy mixed end with my children's action adventure show, but Toei has a tendency to take it to such an extreme that it's unpalatable sometimes. They got it right with Double and partially with Fourze, but given their track record, I'm not holding out much hope that they'll get the formula right again with Kyoryuger

9. yuzulon

yuzulon Member

I dont kno if anyone has thought of this but we were probably bound for this dino season to hve one female seeing as zyuranger and abaranger both had one female

10. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Hurricanger.

I wouldn't count on the sixth being a female. The sixth comes with its own barrage of toys and little boys probably won't be as excited for it if it's a woman.

11. lazycoconut

I suppose in theory we could get another duo like the Go-on Wings, but it seems unlikely.

Any character whose defining trait is "female" (or "middle-aged man's idea of a young woman") is going to be poorly written. I'm a little less optimistic for the characters of this show than I was, but I'll give it a fair shot, February is a while away.

12. Nnnkingston

Nnnkingston Altair

I'm hoping for a more vicious Pink, along the lines of Luka.

13. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

There seems to be a lot of Go-onger influences here, so a Go-on Wings pair of "sixths" seems possible. There's no hope of the sixth being a girl on her own though.

14. lazycoconut

I'm reserving judgement on the suits because we can only see the top half. Helmets are OK but the teeth on Red's unnerve me just a tiny bit

15. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

That looks absolutely terrible, even for toku standards. Very uncreative. Looks like those parody Sentai like DaiNippon, France Five, Sport Ranger or Johranger. Super Sentai is running out of good ideas, which is not surprising considering the franchise is damn near 40 years old with a new series every single year.

16. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

I disagree; Abaranger only had one female because it was basically a "three man" team, like Hurricanger, Liveman and Gekiranger; all teams having two girls had at least five warriors at the beginning; and when Zyuranger happened, it has been followed by several "one girl" five heroes-teams.
    Besides, the lack of pterosaurs makes me suspect more and more a couple of pterosaurs sixths, and very likely, a female among them, since pteranodons are closely linked with girl warriors.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  17. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

Since we don't know about the additional ranger(s), difficult to answer; however, Go-onger started with 5 heroes, but only one girl among them.

18. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

If this looks like anything at all, it reminds me of Akibaranger & it looks rediculous.

Also, are we sure there's only one female this time? The Black one sort of looks like it has boobs, unless that's some sort of optical illusion...

19. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I'm guessing from all the yellow teeth that we won't be getting any Sentai licensed toothbrushes this year lol. In general these pictures are just too low res to make out any details. Are those just silver mouthplates or are those moulded lips? What's the deal with Kyoryu-Black's right arm - it looks kinda blue or grey in this first pic? Is there more to the asymmetric design, or is it just that left shoulder pad forming the eye of the dino face?

Of course, that still means nothing in general. There are plenty of Sentai where I don't care for the suit designs and yet generally like the show. People seem to be going off on an "oh no it's another Go-Onger/Goseiger" tangent, but while neither of those shows are my favourite I didn't hate them either. I never minded the Engines as little anime holograms idea, and I wonder if they'll go for something more along those lines after this year's Buddroids? I'm nowhere near as excited as I was a few months ago when we started getting Wizard info, but it's early days and my raging toku addiction ensures I'll probably be watching every week regardless.
    Oh God no. Luka was a pain in the backside.

20. yuzulon

yuzulon Member

ok, i'll except that