Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Aoi Kurenai, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ChiPsiUp

ChiPsiUp Member

I'm sad there only one girl ranger again. :( Since I guess there's no chance of a female 6th ranger, unless we get two of them at once like Go-On Wings....

2. LawWind

LawWind The Wind Of Justice

Well it is not like the end of the world. Have hope!

3. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

It is a bit disappointing really. It's basically saying to kids "Hey, look, ALL these men are good enough to be heroes but only ONE woman is!"

I suppose Toei is trying to recover from Go-Busters by targeting young boys more aggressively, but still, the most successful Sentai of the last five years (Shinkenger) had three female Rangers and the best-selling Sentai toy lines of the last five years (Go-onger and Gokaiger) had two female Rangers

4. KingWilly

KingWilly *explosion*

My first impression of the suits were that they looked like the Gingaman suits, which (for me) is a really bad first impression. However, once I noticed that the lines weren't flat but tilted across the chest, it looked pretty cool.

I am relieved the suits looked very different than Zyuranger and Abaranger, the rumors made it sound like it would be a rehash. The yellow teeth makes it look like a Chinese Toku or one of those incredibly-busy-for-no-reason fan designs; but we have yet to see the legs, so half the suit is still a mystery.

• First team without a Yellow Ranger since Changeman.
    • First team with both Green and Black in the starting lineup since Go-Onger.

Also, YES DINOSAUR TRAINS! Two of my favorite things on one show.

5. Allio

Allio DAIMON PAWNCH

spoiler:

[hide] sixth ranger dies
    we need fan art of either:
    Abarekiller/Dragonranger making his tombstone
    or Kyored carrying a shovel, just in case
    [/hide]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  6. urugoji

urugoji New Member

It's weird but funny that the Red's visor looks like Tyrannoranger's visor if it it opened its mouth wider.

7. Blazen

Blazen Member

The suits aren't bad I suppose, though I'm not sure how I feel about the yellow stripe yet. Also, maybe it's just the pictures, but the green ranger looks more like a light blue, or aqua marine.

Maybe this series will open like Go-onger. Red, blue and pink will be rangers in the first episode, but black and green join very early on (within the first 5). It would explain the 3 piece mech. Another thought is that maybe the motif of the mech will be switching out arms. So he normally equips the blue and green, but can switch in the black or pink as needed.

8. DecaEnd

DecaEnd min snopp är gul

9. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

From the press flier

10. DecaEnd

DecaEnd min snopp är gul

Like I posted above and in Rangerboard.

Pterodactyls don't end in トル, Zactor would be a better romanization than Zactyl. Considering how his name is written ザクトル. He's should be some sort of raptor. Possibly Velociraptor.
    Also, I think it's GabRevolver.

11. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

You talk as though it hasn't been 28 years since the last no-Yellow team. I like this shuffling of colors.

It's only the second one-female team in a couple of years. I wouldn't panic.

12. Blazen

Blazen Member

Hah, called it. Replacement parts!

I am a bit surprised at the lack of a water, or flying dino. Though I suppose they could be saving those for the extra robos.

13. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

And a yellow ranger would have clashed with the sash over their chest.

14. Goty

Goty Member

Shigeru Chiba :laugh: That's awesome.
    The legendary and desperate Hokuto no Ken narrator. Probably most known as Kuwabara (Yuyu Hakusho) and Buggy (One Piece). He was also Kefka in that Final Fantasy fighting game series iirc. Yes, he always plays insane characters.

15. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

I like the suits. I really like red's helmet. Actually I just like the helmets in general this year. Can't wait to see more.

16. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    Everything I'm seeing of this so far is looking good. It's almost laughable that this is going to be a fun series after Go-Busters failure is supposedly because it was too dark :laugh:

17. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

I really think that's just Bandai's way of taking emphasis off a lame toy line. Toei would probably say the toys sucked. After all, who starts a toy line with no collectable item while last year's collectable line continues and a second show eats into profits? With low ratings and bad sales though, yeah, each side wants to get as far away from Go-Busters as they can.

18. Tom Constantine

Tom Constantine Chief HJU News Editor

Home Page:
    I know quite a lot of people behind the scenes thought the show was doing very well as toy sales were so high, but now Gokaigers merch has dried up a bit and they're releasing less, they've realised Go-Busters is a bit of a flop.

19. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Man, it must suck having to work on a show when all of your bosses are calling it a failure and the producer is willing to do whatever Toei tells her to do, at the cost of the show's integrity.

I really hope we eventually get a clear picture of what the sales were for Go-Busters, excluding the Ranger Keys and whatever Akibaranger made. If it's something low like, Gekiranger, yeah, I think you can make the argument that the show was probably one of the biggest flops Sentai's ever had.

20. Vitor

Vitor When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

Home Page:
    Looks like the bastard offspring of Zyu, Hurricanger, and Jetman :sly:

I LIKE IT!

So, essentially the same shlocky horse manure that we've come to expect from Sentai over the past decade?

Can't help but think that's a very bad play on the term "fossil fuels"

I frankly hated the Samba music when it was in OOO but it seems like it would fit a Jurassic themed show much better

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012