Is Power Rangers Super Samurai worth watching?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Black Ranger RX, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Black Ranger RX

Black Ranger RX I don't have low self esteem.

Home Page:
    Okay, so... I think it has been a few weeks or so since Power Rangers Super Samurai aired (correct me if I'm wrong) and..

Basically as the thread title asks, is the show worth watching?

I thought it would've been a cool idea that Saban would make a new series that would actually be a sequel to a previous one after all these years, despite the negative criticism I heard people talk about Power Rangers Samurai..

It's been a long time since I kept up with Power Rangers. I used to be a hardcore fan since MMPR Season 1. My interest in Power Rangers started dying when Disney took over the show with Ninja Storm, and then officially died roundabout Mystic Force. I tried to get into later seasons but eventually I just couldn't be arsed. I would like to try and keep up with Power Rangers again since it's been so long.. but if I'm not missing much then.. meh.. there are other TV shows to watch.

So, what do you think about Power Rangers Samurai and/or Super Samurai?

DISCUSS!!

2. Stryks

Stryks さあ, お前の罪を数えろ!

It's not really a sequel, they pretty much just split the Shinkenger adaptation into 2 seasons (but still considered 1 season).

Anyway while Samurai was... just... ok, super samurai has been pretty good IMO, the acting is better, and the last episode really made me laugh with the Bulk and Spike segments.

Is it worth watching? IDK, it still has it's corny moments here and there but, well, that's always been power rangers. So if you go into it thinking there's gonna be corny jokes and dialogues, you'll probably enjoy it.

3. Sentaifan'07 Xman

Sentaifan'07 Xman "Let's DRIVING!!!!!"

Me?! I gonna have to wait until the "Princess" Red Ranger appears. Because that's best part.

4. Mr. Underachiever

Mr. Underachiever Is not impressed right now...

The first episode was okay, the second was trash (though I did like some of Jayden's moments). Haven't seen the third.

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed has left HJU. Not coming back.

I haven't seen Super Samurai yet...

Personally i think it is really stupid for Saban/Nick to split Samurai into two seasons. It's lame. I wish they would air Goseiger PR this year instead of Super Samurai.

Power Rangers Samurai was pretty decent. Few con and few pro. The best part is that Saban bought Paul Schier and Rick Medina Jr back to Power Rangers. It was pretty cool!

I'm definitely looking forward to see the female Red Ranger and Jayden vs Deker battle. The battlizer, meh....

6. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

As someone very forgiving...... let's say there are a LOT of other things I'd rather be doing and that includes taking a nap.

7. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

If you are a 2-10 year old boy then yes. If you are a long time Power Rangers fan looking for a show like those from the past.. That's debatable. For me I can't stand Samurai.

8. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

This is true actually. My friend's sons think it is about the greatest thing they've ever seen soooooo...... I guess they're doing something right.

9. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Yeah. And I look at it this way... Even if older PR fans don't like the show, at least the toys are coming out here now.

10. sgtkira

sgtkira Super Kamen Sentai Rider

I was just seeing the show with my little brother, it's actually better than the first season. Now, is it a masterpiece? lol nope. But the acting has definitely improved. So I dunno what you watch PR for, but I definitely think it's better than Samurai.

11. NateRiver

NateRiver Welcome

Most kids don't care about the story.They just like the sfx and the fighting, really.

12. DekaThunder Rider

DekaThunder Rider The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!

Super Samurai is just like Samurai..the same overall "meh" season.
    It has had its highlights..the American fight footage is awesome and blends in well with the Shinkenger footage,and it was great to see Scott back in action(with major kudos to Saban for finding a great soundalike on the incredibly slim chance that wasn`t Eka Darville)

However,it also has problems...
    The wussiest group of villains I`ve ever seen
    A useless mentor and the equally useless Bulk and Spike
    Kevin,the man who has no clue what a cannon does
    Somewhat childish writing(see "Sticks and Stones" or Mike`s sudden transformation into a 5 year old in the Christmas episode)
    Bad accent slips
    and last but not least......

Erika "I`m hot but have the personality of a stapler" Fong and her horrid acting.

13. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

If you hear people mention that Supah Ninjas (or Fred the Series) is better than PRS...you know something went wrong with the series.

However, I watch it when I have the chance. I'll marathon it on some occasions.

PS: FOR F'CKSAKES...QUIT MAKING EMILY INTO KOTOHA!!!:shakefist

14. tails

tails Golden Deal

Yeah that was really cool and i hope that in the dubbed version down here he will have his german voice too^^

I´m glad that half of your problems are solved down here by the voiceover:laugh:

15. The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil Member

That's how I was at age 7 in 1993 with MMPR.

I'm enjoying it, and seeing the complete and utter joy in my Godson's eyes when he tells me about it makes it so worth it.

16. DekaThunder Rider

DekaThunder Rider The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!

Whoever at Nick green-lighted Fred the Series should have his ass kicked

17. Artic_Rival

Artic_Rival Lurker

>implying they'll rip ALL of Shinkenger off.

18. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

I'm just as surprised as the next guy.:sly:

19. Tokuboy

Tokuboy Kuuguitar

Supah Ninjas reminds me of Ninja Storm, probably one of the best Disney seasons (and I say this as a guy who never lets nostalgia blind him). AND IT HAS GEORGE TAKEI.

Also, this guy was a Super Samurai before it was cool:

[​IMG]

20. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Well, Johnny Yong Bosch did play a villain in the show. Again...decent show...stupid title. And quit placing in the "token black guy and all his jive"...the show didn't need it.

*sigh*