Introduction Thread - What Was Your Road... to Justice?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Keith Justice, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Meteor

Meteor This might tickle.

Home Page:
    Okay, this is where I introduce myself yeah?

So hi, I'm Meteor. I guess. I mean, I saw that the name Meteor wasn't taken yet, and since he has one of my favorite Rider designs, I simply had to take it, haha.

I only got into toku stuff about a year ago with Kamen Rider OOO. Since then I've completed (in this order) W, Decade, Kuuga, Agito (my favorite), Kabuto, 555, Ryuki, and I'm now watching Den-O and Fourze. I hope to have all the Hesei stuff completed by the spring time or something, haha.

My Sentai knowledge is way limited. Limited as in, I've only been watching Gokaiger, haha. But as a kid I watched Power Rangers up to around Time Force, and I'm currently watching Samurai, if that counts for anything.

Other things you guys might care about: I'm a huge professional wrestling fan. I'm an admin on a somewhat popular Pokemon forum so I suppose that makes me a big Pokemon fan by default too. Last but certainly not least, I'm a pretty avid comic book reader, and I have somewhat of an unhealthy obsession with Spider-Man.

Welp. Guess that's all I have to say for now. I hope to become well acquainted with the community and all that jazz!

2. Blade Dancer

Blade Dancer Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl

Sounds like you'll find lots of places to chat on here, then! I know of several threads for each of those topics. :laugh:

Welcome! :thumbs:

3. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Ho, Meteor! Well met! From whence Pokemon forum doth thou hail?!

Welcome to the fold. :thumbs:

And go watch Samurai Sentai Shinkenger... apare. :thumbs:

4. Meteor

Home Page:
    Marriland Forums. Mind you it's not nearly as active as it once was, but back when D/P was out it was the number two place behind Serebii. Nowadays...I like to think we're still in the top five at least. Or maybe 10, haha.

I'm not really sure if I want to watch any other Sentai shows, but I have heard nothing but good things about Shinkenger, so I suppose we'll see. :p

Thanks for the welcome guys.

EDIT: On second thought, I had a sudden desire to start Hurricaneger. Hope it's good!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  5. Keith Justice

Hurricanger's good stuff. It'll do right by ya. But yeah Shinkenger was perfect to me. It even crossed over with Kamen Rider Decade. ^__^

6. Blade Dancer

In my totally and utterly unbaised opinion, I would suggest Kamen Rider Blade. :thumbs:

7. Meteor

Home Page:
    That's actually what I'm gonna watch after Den-O. That, then Kiva, then Hibiki, then I believe I'll have seen all the Hesei stuff. :p

I saw the Shinkenger/Decade crossover and the Shinkenger cast actually kind of bored me so that's what has me iffy. Well that, and the fact that I hear it's very similar to Samurai and I'd rather not watch the same stories twice. Don't hate me please lmao.

8. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

And here I was thinking you might have been from PokeCommunity. :p (Former admin there myself)

I'd suggest Magiranger as another pretty good Sentai to watch. It's one of those shows that has a really good connecting story that will take you from the first episode all the way to the last without much meandering around. Though, it does try to be cutesy in the early episodes before they find their ground and the series hits its stride, but it's one of those shows that holds onto it for most of its run.

9. Meteor

Home Page:
    PokeCommunity was pretty legit, I lurked there for a bit haha.

I'm trying to avoid getting too much into Super Sentai since Kamen Rider is kind of eating away enough of my life as it is, but I have a feeling you guys are gonna sucker me into it anyway. :p

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

10. Blade Dancer

Who, us??

*innocent look*

11. The Burning Hunter

The Burning Hunter That Guy

Hello everyone! The name's The Burning Hunter but you can call me Burning or TBH for short. Pretty much I'm a gamer with a love of JRPG's and the retro aesthetic. As for how I got into Toku well...

(Cue flashback)

My mother (parents were divorced) didn't want us watching Power Rangers so during my childhood while I knew about it and had seen both movies; I didn't really get hooked by it. Fast forward to just last year and while cruising TvTropes for some information on Sonic Colors I found a link to a video saying how the game had an homage to Kamen Rider W. Long and Short this caused me to do some massive TvTropes Research on both the Kamen Rider and Sentai franchises and finally earlier this year I decided to start watching something with Decade.

(End Flashback)

Now I know that many fans have issues with Decade but for me it was a blast, the story is indeed a mess but I just love the characters and actors. Tsukasa has to be one of the most heroic characters I know for the sole reason he's a guy who travels from world to world saving them despite the fact he has no attachment to them, heck he even goes on this quest to save Natsumi's world just for her basically even with how she treats him. Plus the show showed me that a card motif is very possible if it's done right.

As for after Decade? Well I couldn't decide between W or OOO which just sounded weird in premise so I waited till Fourze started and jumped in with that and damn am I hooked. I'll save those thoughts for the Fourze thread but I'm loving it.

I have gone back to start watching the older shows as well namely W and OO and I'm rather torn. I'm on episode 11 of W and I can't bring myself to watch it. The show just hasn't clicked for me and I find myself almost wanting to bang my head against the wall with just how bored I am. OOO on the other hand while starting out slow won me over with Kogami's gambit in Episode 6 as well as Eiji's antics. Currently I'm on episode 10 of OOO and I think I'll finish that first then give W another shot.

I found the site through the podcast and I've listened to all 30 episodes plus the specials and whatnot. It's a great show with some good banter and flow that makes my boring graveyard shifts a bit more manageable. Anyway I've rambled enough it's good to be here and I hope to contribute a bit the community in one way or another.

12. Keith Justice

Burning... damn glad to have you aboard. Great story. :D

13. Kamen Rider Cherry

Kamen Rider Cherry A girl of divergent opinions.

Hi~! My name is Beatriz, but you can call me Bia, and I come from Brazil. How did I get into Tokusatsu? It's a rather long story.

Like with most people, this story starts with Power Rangers. I remember watching a few Power Rangers seasons when I was little, in particular Wild Force (Alyssa was my favorite). I think I dropped the series after SPD or Mystic Force.

Years later, what exactly got me back? This. Couldn't get Trip outta my mind, so I looked him up and instantly fell in love with him. This got me back into Power Rangers, which led to me getting into Super Sentai, which led to me getting into Kamen Rider.

So. Summing up my favorites (yes, I count PR as Toku).

Favorite Series: PR in Space, PR Time Force, PR Ninja Storm, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Double, OOO, Fourze
    Favorite Characters: Zhane, Trip, Dustin, Jan, Sosuke, Phillip, Eiji, Gentaro
    Favorite Couples: Other than all the crossover ships involving Toku characters, pretty much just Sosuke/Miu. I dunno, to me they just seem to fit.

I can be also found in the following fandoms: Pretty Cure, Soul Eater, Princess Tutu, Panty and Stocking, LilPri, My Babysitter's a Vampire, and Monster High. I may very well be the only person who likes Toku and Monster High at the same time. I even made a MHOC that is Ankh's daughter. :laugh:

14. Keith Justice

Right on, Cherry... welcome to the Halls of Justice. :thumbs:

What link brought you to HJU?

15. Kamen Rider Cherry

Kamen Rider Cherry A girl of divergent opinions.

I can't remember. Google perhaps? :sweat:

16. Keith Justice

May HJU provide you with many happy clicks. :)

17. Kylen

Kylen Viewtiful Henshin

I'm obviously new, hi. I started my entire journey with the likes of the original Power Rangers, all the way up to Lost in Space. It gets fuzzy there, remember liking Storm Force, hating time rangers. Thought Mystic was cool, Dino Thunder was awesome with Tommy returning. What probably brought me back into the fold fully though was Viewtiful Joe. I know it's semi-parody, but I love it so much.

I found this place looking for, well, Henshin/Sentai based forums. I really hope a giant VJ Fanboy like me has a place here.

Favorite Series: Power Rangers - PR Lost in Space, MagiForce, Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm (the one with the hamster), I'd love to get into Pirate Sentai Gokaiger, but I'm too poor for import and can't find fansubs. Viewtiful Joe Forever.

Favorite Characters: VJoe, Tommy (Green Ranger - Black Dino Thunder)

Couples: none off hand. At least until I have time to catch up with all the awesome Henshin.

Other Random Fandoms: Shadowrun, MLP:FiM, Soul Eater, Black Lagoon, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, [insert mecha here, more specifically Gundam, Battletech, Macross, and Gurren Lagann], Monster Hunter, One Piece, Air Gear

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  18. Keith Justice

Welcome home. :)

Where do you go to enjoy Shadowrun?

19. Blazing Tiger

Blazing Tiger Like a Tiger boss

Dw Kylen this forum seems friendly enough. :p Noticed i said seemed. xD Kidding or am i? :O But anyways welcome welcome. Hope ya like it here with the rest of us. =D

20. Kylen

Kylen Viewtiful Henshin

Online currently. Been trying to find a group around me to play.

And what's Dw? >.>