Internet Censorship Bill passes

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by MetalSymphony, Nov 18, 2010.

1. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

It's a black day, my friends

This bill, supported by Major Hollywood studios and other big companies, pretty much lets the Government Insta-Kill any site that sell's or let people download copyrighted material or items by revoking that sites domain name.

If the site operates from outside the USA, ISP's could be forced by the goverment to block that site to all it's users indefinitely.

Is this the beginning of the end of Fansubs?

2. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

well i'm screwed..

4. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

Now, I have already informed to my dear friends about this! I'm very angry, distraught! They can't get away, can they?!

5. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

The Bill is more aimed at those Chinese sites and there US cousins that sell counterfeit merchandise and Bootleg Movies and etc.

But it is possible that Fansubber sites and ones like HJU could get hit as well.

6. heroizumi

heroizumi Hey, I'm Eian.

Home Page:
    Damn I can't wait to go back to Japan.

7. Darkster

Darkster It's over 8,000!

Well, I saw this coming.

What I didn't see was the counterfeit part. What happens to eBay now?

(Apostrophe's don't go on everything! :shakefist)

8. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    As liberal as Obama may seem, I doubt he has the cajones to sign off on this Bill.

With that being said, even if Obama vetos it.........those jackasses in Congress will probably pull together a 2/3rds vote our of their assholes to make sure this Bill comes to pass.

So we're in a Catch 22 situation, Obama signs it.......we're screwed. Obama vetos it.........Congress can override it AND we're still screwed.

9. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

More reason why I'm moving out of this country!!!

10. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

Dear lord... Nothing has been passed, it has only been approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee for a vote in January, at the earliest. Before you panic understand what you are panicking about.

11. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

Explain it to me, Blue Saint!

I'm already worried about freedom that they're going to take it away!

12. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Even so, it's still one step closer to reality that it shouldn't be.

13. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

If he does. He's killing his poltical career. I mean what young person going to vote for him now if he passes this into law..

14. big_j_ny

Home Page:
    Which is the smart move for him to do at this point. If he vetos it, he'll exclude himself from any blame if this bill comes to pass. Then it'll just give Americans more reason to hate Congress.........not like we don't hate them as much already.

Then again, politics is a very weird game. Obama knows his decision can be overrided by fucking Congress, so Congress might threaten him with some more override bullshit in the future if he doesn't sign off on a certain bill now.

Gotta love American politics........if the legislative branch can't get shit done with the executive branch, the legislative branch can fuck the executive branch over as many times as they want in the future.

15. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

More reason to hate congress?

16. big_j_ny

Home Page:
    You must be an oblivious fool to believe that Congress hasn't done more damage to the nation than both presidents combined.

As a matter of fact, why the fuck do you think we have a "watered down" Health Care law? The original Health Care law included a "public option," but people in Congress didn't want that shit.......so they forced the president to water the shit down to what we see today.

I appreciate we finally have a Health Care law and support it, but this shit would have been SEVERAL TIMES BETTER with the actual public option involved.

17. Darkster

Darkster It's over 8,000!

Ah, damn. Another one of those threads?

18. big_j_ny

Home Page:
    Hey.......SK didn't know, I had to say it :coolshades:

19. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

I know. I'm happy that we have Health Care law, but not this internet censorship bill! I was read a article just a second ago, they said that if this bill were becoming the law five years ago or so, YouTube wouldn't be around. That I can agree on!

This bill alone threatens free speech.

20. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

What are you trying to say, bro? :sly: