[Anime] Gundam Build Fighters

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Painted_Outlaw, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

[​IMG]

Seems a raw of episode 1 has hit the interwebs so, thought it'd be okay to make this. Discuss and stuff!

2. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

The first episode was a lot of fun!

Yes it has that yugioh like quality to it, but it doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously.

As someone who grew up with Gundam Wing…it's kinda surreal watching it getting taken down by a Gyan.

3. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

First beginning of the scene having Kira Yamato's original suit from SEED, brings back memories.

4. goldlantern

goldlantern New Member

Ramba Ral as a shopkeeper! This should be great. I'm waiting for "In the middle of a battle, Ramba Ral forgot to fight!"

5. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H1u1zFVNc"]Ep.1 - Sei and Reiji[/ame]
    Well, episode 1 is also out from GundamInfo's YouTube.

6. Painted_Outlaw

Painted_Outlaw The new Tendou Souji

Saw episode1 myself, yesterday. Needless to say, I'm in for the long haul.

7. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOi14hOOHY"]Ep.2 - The Crimson Comet[/ame]

8. Dark Kabuto

I like how Ramba Ral randomly showed up in the school. I guess his Gunpla Battle senses were tingling. :laugh:

9. Icefish

Icefish Member

Oh man, this show is dumb and anime as hell in all the best ways and I LOVE IT! Ramba Ral just makes every scene he's in better.

10. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Reiji was not even Yuuki-senpai's level of the Gunpla Battle.

11. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4zRExqv4U"]Ep.3 - Full Package[/ame]

12. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

Gundam Build Fighters is thoroughly enjoyable, and entirely in the vein I thought AGE would be in before the show actually aired. I wonder if this is more along the lines of what Sunrise wanted from AGE, too... something light-hearted and fun, but not mindless.

13. Dark Kabuto

Yeah, in a lot of ways Build Fighters feels like a carryover of ideas they used in Gundam Age.

Things like how the MSes in action resembled the model kits from time to time, and the fact that they're really trying to push and encourage people into making their own Gunpla, which felt like something Bandai was trying to do by making so many variations of the AGE with interchangeable limbs.

I own over a dozen model kits from Gundam AGE, got most of the line actually and it is very easy to customize them because of how modular they are.

14. ChildOfTheSun

ChildOfTheSun Member

You can also see that in lack of any AGE designs in this show.

15. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Not sure if AGE kits can mix with Build Fighters' kits for HG line, like the Build Booster will not match with Age-1, 2, 3 or FX.

16. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

Yeah, it's kind of funny how hard Bandai is burying AGE. None of the recent Gundam crossover games have bothered to do much with it. And the games that do acknowledge it typically just acknowledge Gen 2, or literally just Asemu and Zeheart.

It is truly amazing to see the last Gundam series's designs totally ignored in a series that otherwise is animating SUMOs and Blue Destiny units.

17. Dark Kabuto

I imagine that's because the 2nd generation of AGE was when the series was strongest. But we're only three episodes in, so it's still kinda early to say AGE won't make a cameo somewhere in this series. Although, AGE is still a somewhat fresh show so it wouldn't surprise me if show gets used a lot less because of it.

18. Ryuutaros

Ryuutaros "Training."

AGE-2 normal has the highest chance of appearing.

I really like this series and I really want this kind of game to exist in the real world. T___T

19. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

Yeah, I don't think we'll see Dark Hound because... why bother doing that when you could animate a Crossbone unit?

20. Dark Kabuto

I can definitely see them animating the Crossbone in this, we are getting the Master Grade X 3 pretty soon after all.