Gundam 00: The Movie

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Reimon, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Yeah, you have a point.

2. Jeffry2010

Jeffry2010 Member

3. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Too bad, 00 Qan[T] didn't have that much fights beacuse Setsuna doesn't want to fight with the ELS.

4. Jeffry2010

Jeffry2010 Member

Hope that Gundam AGE doesn't end up like 00 movie did soon after the show ends.

Talked about insanity of Gundam all over my head everytime!

5. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Gundam Seed still doesn't have a movie of its own yet.

6. Mou...Mou...TAUROS!

Mou...Mou...TAUROS! I'm A Djinn

Wow. I guess no one really watched 00 because all ppl seem to see it for is the awsum bots fightng.

I personally liked this movie. I think it that confrontation with aliens was built up throughout the series and it paid off in the movie.

For me, what I enjoy is how this and the 2 TV seasons focused on their own respective main plots. S1 had the unification of the Earth's forces against CB, S2 focused on CB overthrowing the Innovators who corrupted Aeolia's grand plan, and this movie gave us aliens in every sense of the word.

Idk, I guess I really really dug the grand scheme of it all. Gundam, for me, always has been about war and peace. And this seemed to really do a better job of showing us that there's more to peace than Relena just saying the word over and over (still liked W though). The show demonstrated bridging between nations, between regular humans and "superior" ones, and lastly, people of Earth and alien life forms.

But that's just me. Some people hated this movie, I loathe Gundam SEED. To each his own.

Posted because I just got a Dual-Audio copy that replaced my old one.

7. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

this movie is whack...should've been 3 hours long to resolve everything better...:thumbs:

Quant showed up for 5 minutes and didn't even fight...:laugh:

8. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Setsuna doesn't want to fight with the ELS. He just want to set things out.

9. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

besides the action...this movie failed...everyone knows it...

Setsuna had migraines the entire movie when he could've taken Advil or Tylenol to fix it...:laugh:

When Setsuna shows up to the final battle...he just flew by and 00-Qant literally did crap....:rofl:

this picture is for the Gundam 00 Movie Director
    [HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

10. Mou...Mou...TAUROS!

Mou...Mou...TAUROS! I'm A Djinn

Personally I prefer a show that can go beyond the conventions of their genre.

Beam-spams, explosions, and robot fights, especially in mecha shows (that are dime a dozen already) can only entertain me to an extent. Although if I saw this when I was 5 or something, I can see myself disliking this film too.

I guess if all it'd take to make me happy is action scenes and light shows, I really might hate this movie. While I can enjoy really brainless stuff (G Gundam, Bayformers) as much as the next person, I wouldnt necessarily call fail on something for being more than just ppl shooting at each other. Particularly if the story had a message ("there's more to peace than fighting")and delivered it well.

So yeah, I can definitely understand ppl really hating this movie, but like with anything, I have a strong feeling that there are also those that found it good (and most probably not evn for the same reasons that I did).

PS. No disrespect to G Gundam fans, I only call it brainless because I feel like I can watch the series on mute and without subtitles and I'd be missing nothing on the plot. And that's not a slam on the show, I think it just makes it cliched and predictable. Doesnt mean it's bad.

11. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

I find the good part of this movie was when Saji & his friends were watching their Gundam movie at the beginning.:laugh:

12. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

thank god for Lockon Stratos....

[​IMG]

13. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Fire all weapons.:thumbs: