Gundam 00: The Movie

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Reimon, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

Also I think they pop up so often because they have became one the three defining features of what makes mobile suits different from everything else. There are the remote weapons which have become so tied with Gundam that they don't even try to explain them anymore they are just there. Next is the beam saber which is the beam saber. The final one is something that may just be me, but the thruster laden backpack. I have come to notice more often than not a mobile suit will have it's main thrusters in a separate unit on it's back. I think this is why the S1 designs were so engaging, there were no backpacks. I have to think it was on purpose considering how ridiculous backpacks got in SEED.

2. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

Bits, Dragoons, etc are badass...wish all the top gundam model uses them :buttrock:

The way Lockon Stratos uses the Bit Technology on Zabanya offensively and defensively is the best I've seen so far in a Gundam Show...:castlerock:

3. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

I think it had more to do with the personal design style of Kanetake Ebikawa, who I understand to be the main 00 designer the way Jun Akutsu really designed most of the early SEED machines. Ebikawa's work on Full Metal Panic is extremely utilitarian and puts thought into distributing weight quasi-realistically around the robot's body. I imagine that as 00's designs became more generic, Okawara began getting more involved in the design process. Basically the same thing happened with SEED.

4. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Lockon kinda did the way Kira did with his Strike Freedom, targeting on the enemies and fires all the beams.

5. Nanami Tenkawa

Nanami Tenkawa 優しさの大人少女

Home Page:
    00 Quanta seemed a nice machine better than 00 Rizer in terms increase offense and speed. not much of demonstrating the battle in the movie of Awakening of Trailblazer. nonetheless its alright. i just love Soma and Allelujah encounter ELS chasing them like Kamen Rider Femme and Kamen Rider Kiva together. and the return of Grayham Aker with the traditional scar on his face. great vibe of being Himura Kenshin. :laugh:

6. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Well, now Graham's dead. What a brave soldier he is.:patriotic:

By the way, any sign of HG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber releasing yet?

7. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Are you sure you didn't get your answer?

8. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Oh, I forgot the date. Gomen.:sweat:

9. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

10. Guardian07

Guardian07 Disappear into light!!

Overall, I really liked the movie, and the message it was trying to convey. My only real complaint is the scene at the end that seemed to come out of nowhere and could have been done better.

I loved 00 Qan[T]'s design, I like how simple it is. And I like how his bits can combine to become a BIGASS SWORD!! On to Zabanya, I like how his bit holster came off like wings, fitting the angel theme. And I love his BEAM SPAMM!! Raphael was awesome, though I still don't understand why Tieria's suits all have two face/two bodies. Harute is my least favorite because he looked so bulky for a speed unit, but I liked it better after seeing it in battle.

Graham Aker, you were a true warrior*salutes*. Your deeds will not be forgotten.

11. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Yes agreed. But is it becuase the war with ELS is over, that's why they made the ending that way?

12. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

this sums up my feeling for the movie....

"A lot of Wasted Potential and Opportunities...The TV Series was better off without this...":thumbs:

13. Guardian07

Guardian07 Disappear into light!!

I don't really understand what you mean by 'that way':sweat:. The part I was talking about is Setsuna and Marina hugging each other XP.

Talking about the ending, I liked how the war with ELS was ended. The peace was not won with power and force but by understanding one another, as Setsuna was able to explain the whole situation to ELS via Quantum System. The giant desert flower ELS formed is their gesture of peace, that they gathered from Setsuna's mind.

14. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

I guess Setsuna will choose Marina over Fedlt.

15. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

16. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Nice information about it.

17. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

[ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ElsK9a3DOkg/"]Gundam 00 movie (TVB)[/ame]

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I prefer thinking the last episode of 00 was the true ending, and everything after that was simply a fanfic that was taken a little to seriously.

19. Reimon

Reimon レイモン (雷蒙)

Yeah, hopefully there's going to be a better Gundam movie in the future.

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

There are a couple of things I disagree with in Endless Waltz, yet that movie was a million times better than Rise of the Trailblazers... At least EW didn't decide to start killing characters from the series.