Garo announcements

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Dragonfan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Why do they have to keep bringing Reika back? God I hate that lady!

2. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I guess because she's one of the recurring cast of Rei's generation of the show? They've brought back Jabi a number of times as well

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Jabi was likable and had a good actress though. Reika's actress couldn't act even if Japan's entire existence depended on her.

4. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Jabi only became likeable stating with the first movie. In Season 1 proper she was too much the cliched "too tough" female with an attitude problem.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Yeah, she was so tough she died.

6. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I find it strange you say that when Jabi explicitly values her idea of "being a woman" (which she equates to "romance/sex and beauty") above being a Priest? Even before they started using her as a contrast to Rekka, who sees herself as warrior first and "woman" second

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Even an ox dies, as Doc Hostetler from The Shootist said.

It's been a while since I've seen Season 1, but Yasue Sato was playing Jabi like her Nagi character from Ultraman Nexus. It's only from 'Beast of the White Night' on that "being a woman" comes into play, and she starts becoming an elder sister figure to Rin and Rekka.

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

So Keita Amemiya and Ray Fujita appeared at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest 2016, along with a couple of suit actors in familiar costumes.

[​IMG]

Amemiya designed the 'Return to Ivalice' alliance raid for the upcoming 'Stormblood' expansion pack (I really hope that makes sense to someone o_O). So they used it as an opportunity for a collaboration; Patch 3.5 for the game will include various Garo armour options "and more".

The game's official youtube channel has released a promo video to show them off:

[video=youtube;_oRcinjPxDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oRcinjPxDY[/video]​

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Any updates from Kraken Releasing?

10. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
  11. scikaiju

Home Page:
  12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Preordered. Hooe Part 2 is not too far off.

13. scikaiju

Home Page:
    Same here on collection 2

14. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

The next Garo project will be a movie called 'Garo: Kami no Kiba' (God's Fang). It will star Ryuga Dougai, the holder of the Garo title from the series 'Yami o Terasu Mono' (The One Who Shines in The Darkness) and 'Gold Storm Sho'.

Three other characters from Ryuga's previous series' have been confirmed as returning in this movie:

From 'Yami', Takeru Jakuzure/Zen The Flame Sword Knight, played by Junya Ikeda (better known as Gai Ikari/Gokai Silver).
    Also from 'Yami', Aguri Kusugami/Gai The Sky Bow Knight, played by Tsunori Aoki (better known as Professor Ryoma/Kamen Rider Duke).
    From 'Gold Storm', Zinga, played by Masahiro Inoue (better known as Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade).

The movie will be directed by Keita Amemiya and will open sometime in 2018.

All information from The Tokusatsu Network.

[​IMG]

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Another Ryuga story? Yuck. Easy pass.

16. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

I'll give it a shot, although personally I still want to see a story that focuses on the garo before ryuga that explains how the armor was tarnished

17. scikaiju

Home Page:
    Hopefully the other two will get a little more development this time around

18. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

While travelling around make Ryuuga look more shopisticated, what is happened with other two? I think it is just happened with people from Ryuuga era, their head look like someone come out from anime. Especially Jinga.

Jinga should be already dead, right? And Kami no Kiba is his makai kishi title. Is it still possible to get same treatment like Jabi. Return from dead route.

19. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I guess the Raiga movie is not happening.

20. scikaiju

Home Page:
    I'm sure Raiga's movie is still happening, pretty sure they announced one with him as at the same time as this one but I could be wrong, but this one just came out first.