Fighting Game Comebacks (Bloody Roar, Killer Instinct, etc.)

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by HenshinSlayer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

These fighting games definitely need comebacks. Bloody Roar, Killer Instinct, Samurai Shodown & some other fighting games.

1. Bloody Roar
    - If Bloody Roar went through a reboot... "if for real", the story would go through a fix. Especially the characters.
    - More beasts.
    - Konami must own the game in their style.

2. Killer Instinct
    - Killer Instinct 3 definitely should go under Netherealm Studios since they rebooted Mortal Kombat. Rare owned KI... but if NRS brought it back, they'd study the game's sources and how they'll do it right.

3. Samurai Shodown
    - Bring it back. If only it was 2.5D like Street fighter IV. What of King of Fighters? It should go the same thing.

4. Darkstalkers
    - More warriors and must go to 3D.

2. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

Any thoughts?

3. DeluxeRobots

DeluxeRobots GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵

I'm not sure if I'd like a 3D dark Stalkers games. KI should get really gorey like Mortal Kombat 9 did.

4. DekaThunder Rider

DekaThunder Rider The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!

I`d like to see a new installment of the 1994 masterpiece Survival Arts.....just kidding

I would,however,like to see new installments of the following games
    World Heroes
    Killer Instinct
    Primal Rage
    Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe(I know the first game is only a couple years old,and a sequel is probably inevitable)

5. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

You know what fighting game I wanna see come back?

[​IMG]

6. DeluxeRobots

DeluxeRobots GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵

Power Stone

7. Gunzword

Gunzword Member

1000 times yes. This was needed years ago.

Just a few I wanna throw in and what I think need to be done to them.

Bloody Roar - Story obviously. The characters shouldn't all play the same way. (for example Yugo should not play the same as Sheena or Gado period)They should break the characters into more fighting game archetypes like brawlers, grapplers and the usual archetypes and make it where the Beast type can be benifit from it. A wider selection of beast like some more exotic/foreign creatures like UNICORNS AND BEARZ! Like I said about the archetypes, the Beasts in the game should fall into some archetypes too like a Bruiser type that focuses on get heavy combos and a Dodger type that focuses on countering enemy attacks and capitalizing on doing damage to the opponent.

Power Stone - It just needs to be made and make it a combination of 1 and 2 plus they could add alot of other Capcom characters from games like Viewtiful Joe and Breath Of Fire. IT NEEDS TO BE MADE!

8. Jedah Crow

Jedah Crow Dull Brilliance

Home Page:
    1. Darkstalkers is one of my all-time favorite series. I've been wanting a Darkstalkers 4 for ages. Come on Capcom at the very least throw me a bone with a HD-facelift on Xbox Live like you did with SF3: 3rd Strike.

2. Eternal Champions. 2D fighters have been making a comeback, it's long overdue for Sega to bring back their 2D fighter series.

3. Rival Schools. The more Capcom fighters returning, the merrier.

4. Samurai Shodown, much rather have a new sequel to this then yet another KoF game.

5. WeaponLord. The game was brutal back in the day but I would love to see someone bring it back.

9. Nnnkingston

Nnnkingston Altair

New Seiken Densetsu/ ... of Mana game in the style of Secret of Mana. Everything past the Sword of Mana remake was pretty much garbage.

10. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

What are Fighting Vipers?

11. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Same team that did Virtua Fighter.

Fighters Megamix is the crossover between Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, and anything Sega Related.

12. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

Interesting. Not impressed with these guys.

13. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

Bloody Roar

Ya know, bloody roar is fun with the beasts and all. But I feel the story doesn't make any sense.

I mean how would you make this game have a comeback if it were to go on reboot.

I mean they should have like 20 characters. Of course, it may need to bought by someone else.

Konami? I don't know. Namco? Capcom? SNK? Sega?

14. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

Killer Instinct is the only game that should returned...

No need for Darkstalkers or Rival Schools since Capcom can rehash those into their Marvel vs series...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHY1IxP4uU&feature=related"]Glacius Ultra 98 Hits bY EmI81gLaCIuS - YouTube[/ame]

15. StriderXXX

StriderXXX Banned

Still waiting on DoA vs Virtua Fighter vs Tekken vs Soul Calibur...:laugh:

16. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

With bloody roar in konami's hands, its all up to them. It better be a reboot.

Darkstalkers should also be in Street fighter's engine.

17. draewon

draewon Lurker

part of those already exists, DOA5 is basically DOA vs VF

18. HenshinSlayer

HenshinSlayer Member

You're right about that. Brawlers, grapplers, martial artists.

It could sure also use good voice actors & actresses to play the characters.

19. GokaiBlack

GokaiBlack Keep on shining, Dairanger.

Hell yeah, but I'll raise you further on the matter and say this;

[​IMG]

Yeah its a one off, but I really want to see a HD Re-Release of this, or even an updated version with the VF5 Engine.

20. Ikusa

Ikusa The World Warrior

This game was primary reason why I bought a Sega Saturn. Yes, the game was ugly, but damn was it ever fun.