El Globo Viendo - FK, Undrave, Aoi: Giant Post Counts All Out Attack

Discussion in 'THE ARCH' started by scikaiju, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr G

Mr G Fighting evil makes me thirsty

It's definitely worth getting. The film is a piece of history really. I don't know if you have a blu-ray player or not but if you wait until Jan. 24 then Criterion is going to release Godzilla on blu-ray (I think a DVD version as well). If they treat this release as any other then it will probably be the best looking version of Godzilla available.

The destruction scene is very powerful when it does come around about an hour into the movie. You're waiting for Godzilla to show up and when he does it is a terrible sight. It's really something you watch in its entirety when you can.

I knew that much going in. I just did not expect the level of real emotion that is present in the film. Characters like Serizawa and Professor Yamane really made the movie fantastic for me. And like I mentioned in my reply to Bad Wolf, the destruction scene when Godzilla emerges from Tokyo Bay is very, very memorable. It's unlike later Godzilla movies because the city is just a battleground then. In the original Godzilla is just this indiscriminant evil and destructive force destroying everything in his path.

What is your favorite G-movie, sci?

2. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Man, I definitely know how Mr. G feels about the original film, I remember having the same introduction shock when I first saw it a couple of years ago. I had only seen the VS movies and some of the early Heisei era stuff before then, so going into it my expectations were of Godzilla films either being straight up horror monster films or superhero monster films. The serious, really allegorical approach the original film has pretty darn impressive to me. And that ending, man, it probably remains one of my favorite endings in film.

I might find myself grabbing that upcoming release, even though that other release is only a few years old, I never actually bought it, so having a copy of my own would be awesome.

Speaking of the big G, is anyone looking forward to that new Godzilla Legends comic? It releases tomorrow and looks pretty awesome.

3. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    I couldn't agree more. btw, the movie is getting a new transfer release on Blu-ray this January with easily the best picture quality it will ever be.

4. Khaiden

Khaiden Heroes are forever

Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    It really is a great feeling.

5. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

That's right, I forgot about that release. I really should update when it does come out, I only have the original DVD release from like 2002 and it's a really crappy VHS transfer.

6. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Dang critérion releases are usually real expensive no?

Especialy since I was kicking myself about stupidly saving INSIDE the Pokémon league and being stuck with pokémon 10 level too low. It was a...COSTLY victory but I managed to pull through :D

Crustle really held it's own.

7. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    Would you believe Destroy All Monsters

8. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    Almost long weekend time for me... get the ice cold beers and blu-rays ready. Who's coming over for some naked ping pong?.

Why not?. That one was fun as hell. That just got a Blu-ray release earlier this month as well.

9. Zander Yurami

Zander Yurami HJU's master of disguise

Home Page:
  10. Mr G

It will be totally worth getting. Criterion always does a terrific job with older films. Their release of Seven Samurai looks absolutely incredible for such an old film.

They're not too bad. The upcoming Godzilla blu-ray is $24.99 USD and the DVD is probably a little less.

I really need to the get the blu-ray release that FK mentioned. I have yet to see Destroy All Monsters. :/

And BTW, :laugh: at the thread title. :thumbs:

11. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

While i was injured at work, it was not my fault this time!
    A few boxs of Christmas Tree's fell on me because someone backed into it whilst i was in loading some onto a Gurney.

In other news, I love left-over Mexican food for breakfast :buttrock:

12. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Fixed...

13. Blade Dancer

Blade Dancer Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl

Hmm. Needs more fava beans.

14. dchoc

dchoc All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!

Lima beans are better... add some broccoli to it as well...

15. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    :buttrock::buttrock:

What sparked the Foley cosplay?.

No you don't. I had a helluva time sleeping beside you last night from the constant farting. You rip a mean one and from now on I'm saying "Cutting the Carol" instead of cutting the cheese.

16. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

Freaking cold today...it started snowing a bit too. :shakefist

17. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    It was supposed to snow here today again but no luck. I just really want it to drop big time so Kageki has to shovel it.

18. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

It's supposed to snow here as well, at the very least it's dropping below freezing tonight.

19. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    It'll be 0 tonight, I don't expect snow until it hits the minus.

I go through this every year though. I wish for the snow to come then once it hits and stays I beg for it to leave.

20. Mr G

:laugh:

No snow here, but it's definitely cold today.

This month's weather has been crazy here. Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees and then this morning it was around 30. It is like there was no fall. Summer transitioned directly into winter.

Oooh, today I finally got around to watching the Gamera 3 blu-ray I picked up a few weeks back. WTF? Has anybody else watched the blu-ray version yet? The subs suck hard. I have a HK Sentai vs. movie that makes more sense at times. Large segments of a conversation or a character saying some random line went entirely untranslated. It got so bad at one point that I thought maybe it had two sets of subs: one for people who couldn't be bothered to read much and the other that, you know, translated what was being said. It is a great movie, but I was very disappointed in Mill Creek's awful sub job.

EDIT: I'm apparently not the first to point this out. I pulled this snippet from a review off of Amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.