E3 2010

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Lynxara, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Japanfan4ever

Japanfan4ever Sometimes things get complicated.

First off, I have heard you complain countless times in the past. So calling me a troll is like the pot calling the kettle black. And that's putting it lightly.

Second, I don't complain about gaming. I may seem like a troll to you, but I don't bitch about everything like a majority of the people on this forum. But you should know that whether it's about Anime, toku, video games, or cinema, somebody is gonna hate on it. So grow up, and get used to it. :thumbs: It's called opinion.

2. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

There's a reason why your threads in the AniComix forum don't get replied to. You're unreasonable, you insult anyone who disagrees with you (even if they AREN'T arguing with you), and everything you say you pretend as if people misinterpreted so you can act like any resulting argument is never your fault, only someone else's. You're anon but you named yourself for some reason, because you only talk like this because you know you don't have to face people you say it to.

3. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

And you wondered why people don't reply to your threads? And really now, you have no place telling others to grow up.

4. Japanfan4ever

Alright, let's see if tweedle dee and tweedle dum can find one thread in recent months that no one has replied to. And I mean one reply. Doesn't exist.

And on a side note, I really hope you guys aren't talking about that Justice thread that you guys tried to make another failed point by not posting in. :laugh: If you are, and I know you are, then you two are really too funny. Cause that was a fail. :)

5. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    And let's not resort to name calling, makes you look childish

6. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

When you spam a thread you made in other threads.. yeah... :redface2: Why don't you go back and read the replies you get from more than just the two of us.

7. Japanfan4ever

Is somebody without a real father a bastard? Yes he is.

What I mean by that is that name-calling, as you so aptly put it, is just another way of saying something that is true. I've said what I wanted to say, so I'm finished.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. Wheatley

Wheatley DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!

I'll buy the 3DS on launch day if Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is one of the launch titles.

9. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

So if I say:

"That fucking asshole cocksucker bastard shit for brains retard just crossed the street"(after he crossed the street).

It is ok? I mean it is true right? Dude wow your logic... And no that is not what a bastard is. A bastard is:

bas·tard (bstrd)
    n.
    1. A child born out of wedlock.

10. Japanfan4ever

ig·nored (ignrd)
    v.
    1. What Japanfan4ever did to KingRanger's last post.

11. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

Back to not feeding the troll...

Games people were extremely interested in?

12. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

TOR for me. I kinda wanted to hear more about LA Noir. :?

13. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    Nintendo's side
    That Donkey Country Returns game is definitely something I'm gonna watch out for. It's been awhile since I've seen a DK Country game........last time it was seen was on the SNES period. No N64, no Gamecube DK Country has ever been made.

And obviously the Zelda game, but that'll be another year for that thing to be done as it has some issues to fix up (the Wii demo of the "unfinished game" was just ugly and painful to watch).

Microsoft's side
    If the issues with the KINECT are fixed in terms of lag time and if they manage to lower the price tag by the launch date.

Also gonna check out the Dance Central game to see if it's better than the dancing games that has been released on the Wii (it should be, the Wii dancing games still require the damn Wiimote & nunchuck to do the dance while KINECT just requires your body itself).

Fable III's usage on the KINECT is definitely gonna interest me as well.

Halo Reach is just fucking awesome.......end of discussion from these guys.

Sony's side
    SOCOM 4 on the Sony PS Move is interesting........but I think I'll pass on the "Move" capabilities and stick to the PS3 controller. Primarily my reason for that is b/c it'll feel weird playing SOCOM 4 with 2 fucking "dildos" :laugh:

14. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

I can't say there's a specific title I'm really interested in that I didn't know about before E3.

The Flow guys have Journey coming.
    [​IMG]

Echochrome II is the sequel to one of my favorite puzzle titles, but is sadly Move-only.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0A2-1fIa4[/ame]

Necro Machina is a four-player action side scroller for the guy who brought you Strider and SquareEnix.
    [​IMG]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA0r9E46IGU[/ame]

Hard Corps: Uprising is the spiritual sequel to Contra: Hard Corps and is brought to you by none other than Arc System Works, the guys who made Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZuSZ7ZQnA[/ame]

Those are oddly all download-only titles, but I guess that's where the real interesting stuff is happening these days.

Otherwise, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Kirby Epic Yarn
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB3CAi2pAbQ"]Kirby Epic Yarn[/ame],
    BulletStorm (almost a Devil May Cry FPS)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9ObWlNrg8"]Bulletstorm[/ame]
    Marvel vs Capcom 3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WZdQD2kEk4"]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/ame]
    Old Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0RuR3FREFw&feature=related"]The Old Republic[/ame]

Those round out my picks off the top of my head, though I knew about most of the latter heading into E3.

15. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Member

It was confirmed to be interference by everyone else who played the demo/during the round table where it worked flawlessly.

16. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

Nothing much really outside Epic Mickey, which is mainly due to my love Disney esoterica. But to be honest I am not that big into gaming anymore.

17. Barashin

Barashin Lurker

Were there any announcements on Xenoblade's US release for the wii? I soo hope they bring that game here in the states :(

18. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

In No Order.

-Call of Duty: Black Ops
    -Medal of Honor (PS3 exclusive SE with MoH:Frontline is bitching!)
    -Bulletstorm
    -Crysis 2
    -Dead Space 2
    -Twisted Metal
    -Portal 2 (now on PS3!)
    -Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    -Yakuza 4
    -inFamous 2
    -Star Wars: the Force Unleashed 2
    -Star Wars: the Old Republic (the only MMO i have ever considered playing)

19. KR Hyper Kabuto

KR Hyper Kabuto Like a passing wind...

For me:

Rock Band 3
    CoD: Black Ops
    Medal of Honor
    Dead Space 2
    Crysis 2
    SW: Force Unleashed 2
    SW: ToR
    MvC 3
    Twisted Metal
    Killzone 3
    Bulletstorm
    LoZ: Skyward Sword
    Metroid: Other M

20. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

Fortunately we got out after the worst of the riots had passed. At the time, I was just trying to get a cab and the rest of it be damned. :laugh:

So as for "why bother going to E3 when G4 exists": I filed about a dozen exclusives from E3 and none of it was stuff covered in the press conferences (what with them being exclusives and all). The segment of the industry I cover has absolutely nothing to do with console gaming yet, so the press conferences and most of G4's coverage is irrelevant to me.

A lot of the companies I talked to had people at the show but weren't on the official E3 list so they wouldn't have to pay the ESA anything-- you met them in hotel suites offsite or did power lunches. A lot of the people I interviewed were execs and analysts who didn't have show floor booths but were still more talkative than they'd be if they weren't at a trade show.

Tons and tons of stuff happens at E3 that is entirely behind closed doors, where TV broadcasters like G4 are not allowed. You do not realize how much until you actually attend a show with the kind of access required to get behind those closed doors. That is why it is worthwhile for a journalist to attend in person.

If you're a fan, honestly, I don't suggest dropping your money on E3. Right now it is more of a trade event than a fan event. If you're a fan, I wouldn't pay attention to anything related to E3 besides the new game trailers, the press conferences are mostly just dull corporate posturing and I say this as someone's who's been in the audience for them.

The bulk of the show floor is stuff that would bore the shit out of you, stuff like prepaid card firms and obscure Chinese 3D tool developers. Go to Penny Arcade Expo instead, that's more of a convention in the fannish sense of the term and you'll get more fun for your money.

As for games, I wasn't able to make time for many demos, but I really enjoyed Okamiden for DS. I was also impressed by the DC Universe Online presentation I attended-- it's shaping up to be mostly a branded rip-off of the game City of Heroes evolved into over time, but the brand is being used very wisely.

I think Xenoblade is coming to the States but the date is TBA. Looks like Nintendo is slated to publish. That'll mean a good localization, though.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010