E3 2010

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Lynxara, Jun 13, 2010.

1. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

The point of his speech was the exact opposite. We're all gamers. We should stop hating.

I'm not even sure how you got Sony fanboy out of that.

2. toranoko

toranoko Member

Maybe I need to calibrate something? I hardly play the Wii because the /I/ can't seem to get a hang of the controls. Or maybe Wii Sports is the problem, since I gave up on the system after I couldn't even manage that.

I never really looked at the 3DS stuff since I just don't care for 3D at all. I think that it's a good move for Nintendo, since 3D doesn't seem to want to die. It's just not my cup of tea.

3. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

You aren't the only one, I do remember how frustrating playing Wii Bowling was...the controls weren't all that responsive on that one.

4. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

Depends on the game. For a good deal of them, the implementation either add nothing, or is poorly done. But there are some really good titles that can show what it's capable of.

5. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

You guys must really just be doing it wrong. If 80 year old women, who have never touched a video game in their lives, who don't know anything about games can pick up a wiimote and start wii bowling... I must say again you are doing it wrong. I can't see how anyone anywhere can think the wii controls for any wii game are hard. And wii bowling..wow... :redface2::sweat:

6. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

It was a speech written for that guy to give in character. I find it funny people think it was him speaking from the heart or something. I agree with some of it, but it was sony just trying to show they are there for the hard core gamer after and before hyping the new stuff they have for the casual gamer. The Move.

7. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

Of course it was. But the message in front of the message behind it was good.

Of course, not everyone can own all consoles, at which point social identity theory comes into play. Then the teeth come out. People get crazy.

So much easier to just own them all.

8. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Man just give me a SNES and I would be happy.

9. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

So they usually do a Video Games Live concert to end the E3 week. I decided to go see it. It was a stupendous show.

... it was also next to the Staples Center, where the Lakers were playing. Getting back to my hotel room was... interesting.

10. Japanfan4ever

Japanfan4ever Sometimes things get complicated.

Then you shouldn't care about E3 or be posting here. That's where all the big announcements are made.

11. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

You don't understand what a trade show is at all do you?

12. KouAidou

KouAidou 二番目の翻訳者

It's also where a lot of smaller up-and-comers show off their stuff. For a startup company with a good product, E3 (in the years when they're not discriminating) is one of their best chances to generate any kind of buzz at all.

Of course, if you only watch the coverage of the big announcements on G4, you wouldn't know about any of that... which I think kinda proves my point.

13. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Gotta love the people that are clueless.

14. Japanfan4ever

Japanfan4ever Sometimes things get complicated.

Am I wrong? No. Is that where all the BIG announcements are made? Yes. Was almost every game that you guys have been talking about in this thread announced LIVE on G4? Also a resounding yes.

Gotta love when the clueless are too clueless to realize their foolishness. :D

15. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    You didn't take a picture of the burning car on the way back, Lynx? :laugh:

16. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

You are very bad at logic. We talked about those games because they are big news stories and if you paid attention we also brought in a lot of facts that were not in the presentations. You are saying that these news stories are big because they were covered, while it is due that fact these are big news stories that is why they were covered. It just so happened that the major presentations overshadowed the rest of the show this year.

17. KouAidou

KouAidou 二番目の翻訳者

Circular logic is technically a kind of logic...

18. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

Why are all of you feeding the troll? I don't get it.

This thread is kinda why the internet bugs me. There's a whole host of games I want to play coming out from Nintendo and Sony, and all I see in this thread is why gaming sucks now. Yay, buzzkill....

19. KouAidou

KouAidou 二番目の翻訳者

Because I'm trying to avoid doing actual work. Also sometimes I just can't help trying to argue in good faith even when I know it will end in tears.

20. Blue Saint

Blue Saint Member

I believe even it won't change the person people have a duty to point out faulty logic.

And really that is the basis of fandom, for some reason it is filled with hateful people myself included. I believe has do with that fact it is easier to find fault in and rip apart things than it is explain why you enjoy something, if due to nothing else than subjective nature of personal taste. Plus no doubt that the social stigma and ridicule that many of us have experienced due our interests probably make us more inclined to inflict it on to others, but to be fair I do lack the psychological training to properly back that up.