E3 2010

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by Lynxara, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

There will be a bunch of announcements out of this year's E3, so I thought a thread for everyone to discuss things might be good. You may ask, "Lynx, why so early?" and to that I would say, "Well, usually there's some news out of the Monday press conference to kick things off."

Also: I fly out to attend E3 tomorrow. I've read some comments in passing that other folks will be there, too. So, I thought we could use this thread to plan a big HJU meet-up or maybe just arrange some smaller meet-ups, if there was any interest.

2. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Here is the Major press Conference Layout:

Monday

Microsoft - 10:30am PST
    EA - 2:00pm PST
    Ubisoft - 5:00pm EST

Tuesday

Nintendo - 9:00am PST
    Sony - 12:00 Noon EST
    Konami - 6:00pm EST

G4 will carry all the Conference's live on their site, and all but Microsoft's on TV. Other gaming sites like Kotaku and Gamespot will also be carrying Streams or Liveblogs of all the events.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

Sadly, I won't be going this year, but I'm prepared to write oh so many news articles. I love E3, but I hate E3. PAX is more fun for me, because I don't have to write anything.

Oddly enough, while the Wii has been mostly a miss with me, I'm tentatively excited for the 3DS.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  4. unmei

unmei Member

I'll be there Tuesday, though with no set time. I'd be going on Monday but work is just too busy to take two days off.

5. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

I've never gotten to do PAX, but it's always sounded like a ton of fun.

I'm tentatively interested in the 3DS, both for work and to own, because of the "new business model" rumors.

I'll be doing a lot of businessy meetings on Tuesday/Wednesday, but Thursday I'll have a lot of free time.

6. Ragna "D" BloodEdge

Ragna "D" BloodEdge By the Power of Gaia!!!

I'm looking forward to more info on MvC3 myself.

7. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

I'm hoping Nintendo will get their head in the game when it comes to digital distribution and online social networking.

And before anyone says it, friend codes can screw right off. I can write an article on my HTC Hero, doesn't make it a good way to do it.

Most of my issues will be with interviews. I hate transcribing interviews. Doing them is fine.

8. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

Transcribing interviews is terrible, but otherwise I quite like doing them. I like doing them even more when there's someone around I can make transcribe things for me!

I'm hoping to hear Nintendo is going to push digital distribution with the 3DS or even a free-to-play model that offers more demos or only asks you to pay for games through microtransactions. I don't have faith in Nintendo to be that forward-thinking, but we can always dream.

9. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

I'm crossing my figures for PS3 Tales of Vesperia coming here...

10. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

Who do you work for that you're going to E3?

11. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

You could cross your fingers and toes. BandaiNamco has already said they arn't doing it.

Anyway. I want to see more about Natal. And I want to see more about LA Noir from Rockstar.

EDIT: I was able to find this http://scrawlfx.com/2010/06/troy-baker-confirms-tales-of-vesperia-ps3-localization-in-video

But if you read it they don't have any proof there is a PS3 port coming to the US.

12. Keith Justice

Keith Justice Eat My Justice!

13. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Sounds good. I like what I am seeing with Natal/Kinect. It might suck, but I will know for sure when they debut it at E3. At least it's not just a wiimote with a ball on the end.

14. Drazic

Drazic Lurker

While Microsoft has never shown Natal do much more than what the EyeToy did.

Both havent been all that impressive so far, I'm thinking Move will get the better games though. The overhead on Natal is supposed to be huge making it useless for a lot of games. A fps using natal to look around would be pretty awesome but probably isn't happening this gen. But then again, for a fps you'd want buttons, and the move seems better for a game like that to me.

15. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

Why would move get better games? I mean one of their launch games is just a copy of wii sports with a little better graphics. I also read that it's getting a port of the LOTR game from Wii. Either way If they both suck oh well.

16. kikaider287

kikaider287 Life is viewtiful

17. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

I'm a staff reporter at Engage Digital Media. I report on virtual worlds, free-to-play MMOs, social games, that sort of stuff. (I also write investment reports.)

In the past I've gone for GamePro and WorthPlaying.

Anyway, yes, the new Xbox really does look like a Windows tower!

18. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

The current xbox 360 looks like a windows tower.

19. Lynxara

Lynxara Nice post!!

It does but the resemblance is a little less striking. (To me, anyhows.)

20. Drazic

Drazic Lurker

Because while I realize that Natal will appeal to the mainstream more, to do more than party games I think buttons are needed. Thus move will be better for pretty much anything besides party games. Which if the rumours about Natal's overhead being big are true. Might be all what Natal can do (afaik it did get confirmed it doesnt have it's own CPU anymore to cut costs).

Ofcourse, this does mean Sony and other devs has to actually do more than party games though. but they did show Socom with Move support which looked like it worked pretty well.