Doctor Who -Talk Up! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Gold Samurai, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

By that logic you should have been saying that when Eccelston left.

Doctor Who has went through ten actors, the show is all about change, and nothing has ever felt out-of-place. There is more to this series than the lead actor.

If you knew Doctor Who a little better than you do currently, being a casual fan, you'd get past this already

2. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Neil Gaiman is in Russia at the moment and even there he couldn't escape questions about his Doctor Who episode but surprisingly has actually been a bit forthcoming about it. As assumed, his episode was originally going to be Episode 11 of the upcoming series but the money ran out* so it got bumped to Episode 2 or 3 of next year's series.

*Apparently his original script would have involved about six times (!) the average amount of CGI work and while it's been reduced since then there's still a lot more than usual in it.

3. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    I did. I felt the exact same way when Eccelston left. I liked him alot because he was a Who fan when he was younger. But ya', Tennant did not drop the torch at all.

Thanks for that Doctor Who lesson. Unforutnatley you wasted ur time.

It usually takes me a few episodes to adjust. Hell, it's the same for when a new Sentai series starts or Kamen Rider too. That's just the way I be.

4. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Extended Series 5 trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3berYXUrSnw[/ame]

[​IMG]

Also Matt Smith was on the Johnathan Ross show and showed a new clip from a later episode "Vampires in Venice"

William Hartnell Library card FTW

5. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Vampires in Venice clip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL5923g9ft4[/ame]

6. Quark

Quark Bandito Shake Cometh

Yaay!

7. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    *excitement rising*

8. DSP

DSP Lurker

Home Page:
    Yep Matt Smith is awesome, seriously so far he's been nothing but a joy to watch especially in that vampire clip XD

9. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

10. BorgmanJayce

BorgmanJayce Member

Home Page:
    I know after seeing that clip from "Vampires in Venice" that kids who watch that episode will be having nightmares afterwards! I know when I saw that clip, I was scared shitless!

11. jwk94

jwk94 Member

That cyberman made me sooo happy! It looked sooo cool, wow, i feel like a little kid right before the series primiere of saban era power rangers lol. I cant wait until doctor who starts back up, so are we sure of how many seasons Smith'll be on board for? Did that library card have the first doctor on it?

12. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

Smith begins filming his second season in June

13. Kenori

Kenori Member

Well we definitely know that this guy can do the comedy part. I wonder how well he'll be able to pull of the serious part too..

Looks amazing IMO.

14. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

15. Quark

Looks like the Doctor knows kung fu.

16. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

17. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

18. Quark

I love it. There's kind of an echo of the old design, while still being new and doing it's own thang.

19. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
  20. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Member

Very nice. Judging from the lack of handrails, I doubt we'll see the TARDIS "lurch" or "shake randomly," outside of minor "Star Trek shake" moments, as much as before and thus be a bit more stable for travel, kind of reminiscent of the Classic era.

Seems the BBC decided to have sort of "ARG-ish" promos for the show on various BBC Radio programmes, with the Doctor crashlanding, briefly making a remark, and then hastily leaving as "it isn't Saturday yet....":

One was during "The Paul O'Grady Show" on BBCRadio 2:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vnhANzHzOA"]Is That A Mouse In The Corner?[/ame]
    Another was on "The Chart Show" on BBCRadio One:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ0vtU_nhqI"]This Week's Number One Is...[/ame]

Interesting to note that they have the Classic Era console room "hum" playing during these bits, perhaps they're bringing it back for the "new" console room.

Also found this novelty, a very well put together fan-made opening for The Five Doctors:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAaehGtbxy0"]Youtube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010