Doctor Who -Talk Up! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Gold Samurai, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Episode one is extended to be 76 minutes long, and the show will be airing at 7.50pm BST. IIRC this is similar to the timeslot that the show originally had when it came back in 2005 but it was later moved to an earlier timeslot (I can't recall if this was during 10's final full series or when 11 took over). That shift marked the change where instead of being the main event in the BBC's Saturday night TV lineup it became the 'warm-up' for it instead. So maybe the move back will be a sign of things to come?

2. Henshinger

Henshinger Member

So ready to see Capaldi as the Doctor. I am glad the episode will 76 minutes.

3. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    If you want a better idea what Capaldi's Doctor is going to be like they released a clip of the upcoming episode [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2cSUtGM1E"]?This is Clara, not my assistant?"- Into the Dalek - Doctor Who Series 8 - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Ooh I can already hear the fanboy complaints. 'What? "Morality as a malfunction"? But Daleks aren't robots!'

5. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

So far, I am liking this new season for Doctor Who. :) I was lucky enough to finish both the Tennant and Smith seasons just in time for the premiere of the Capaldi season.

6. Simango6

Simango6 Member

Saw all 9 weeks of Doctor Who XXXIV and will buy this after Yu Gi Oh.

There is the Doctor Who Legacy game I've been doing for 2 months and have all 6 main companions. Gwen Cooper from Torchwood will be added as she was in the Doctor Who XXX episodes The Stolen Earth and Journey's End. We have yet to see Donna and the 7 missing companions from Series I - XXVI and the 8th Doctor movie.

Need to max out for stars -

Dorothy (Ace)
    Sarah Jane Smith

Then I can finish series 5 in the game maybe once I can
    max them out for damage delivery.

7. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

8. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    Is that River with the Eighth Doctor?

9. KamenRiderLeo

KamenRiderLeo It's morphin time! Dragonzord!

as far as River Song with the 8th doctor would only make sense because their timelines are flipped but because of their different to you personality is I don't know if as far as the comedy and the situation all the drama it would work too well maybe if it was a novel but I'm drawing a big? There

10. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

First trailer and announcement that the new series begins on September 19th.

[video=youtube;bB8fh4QUy-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB8fh4QUy-A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

11. KamenRiderLeo

I'll definitely be there September 19th with my fish fingers and custard . From me all these Peter Capaldi as the 12th doctor are the only episodes that I've been able to actually watch when they initially come out for the first time on the BBC with Matt Smith it was always the digital cable thing as well as the 9th and 10th doctor and anything else like a special so I guess you could say that he was my doctor more than any of the others:buttrock:

12. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[video=youtube;0csVdLbDMO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0csVdLbDMO4[/video]​

So everyone seems to be creaming themselves over some girl from Game of Thrones being in Doctor Who (haven't seen it so don't care), but nobody seems to want to talk about how there's a frikkin' Leomon behind her at one point?!

Oh and Daleks from multiple eras in the same scenes too (but thankfully there's no sign of the rubbish "new paradigm" ones from season five).

13. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Well, goodbye Clara. Killed by your own over-confidence really.

14. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

So Moffat is leaving in 2017, there's no series this year, and the showrunner replacing Moffat is Chris Chibnall

Not sure which to be truly bummed about.

15. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

The new companion was announced last week, a newcomer called Pearl Mackie (black actress) who's character name is Bill.

16. KamenRiderLeo

I think from the short preview we got of the doctor in the new companion running away from Daleks it isn't proof positive that the new companion is bad but Clara Oswald is a tough act to follow and I'm pretty sure show pop up again even though the doctor deleted his memory of her. is Sarah Jane can come back even get around TV show maybe we'll do that with Clara? currently she's running around time and space in between Heartbeats quite literally with ashilr

17. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

Not really. I'm glad to see the back of that cow

18. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

Makes the two of us.
    And I don't even hate actress or anything, but Clara is just one big embarrassment on the Doctor's legacy.

19. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I thought series 9 was far better than series 8, both in general and with regards to Clara. But I really hated that drawn-out wangsty final episode so I'm quite satisfied to have seen the end of her for now. I only hope Capaldi doesn't decide to follow in Tennent's footsteps and bow out along with his showrunner. I'd hate the next series to be his last and I'd love a more longlasting Doctor.

Side note, there seems to be some "coming soon" stuff starting to appear about the spin-off 'Class'. Personally I'm not at all interested in "Torchwood Babies" but to each their own.

20. KamenRiderLeo

Personally after seeing the trailer for the spin-off class and at the end the 12th doctor saying I used to be the caretaker here I hope it doesn't gain more interest than the new Doctor Who season with hopes of Peter Capaldi cameos I think that was a one-time thing to really cement the interest of the viewers Imo not really a big thing David Tennant showed up in Torchwood a lot