Doctor Who -Talk Up! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Gold Samurai, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

And we've regenerated. Grab your sonic screwdriver, straighten your celery stick, play a tune on your recorder and bring a banana.

To start the thread

The Eleventh Hour official description

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rs6t7

[​IMG]

2. Forever Knight

Forever Knight Eye See You

Home Page:
    Hell Yes!. I've been waiting forever for some new Who stuff, and that last X-Mas special was such a let down for me. Hopefully this is good.

3. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

4. Kenori

Kenori Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

I'm looking forward to The New who.

I know alot of people (Including my Grandmother) loved David Tennent, so Matt as big shoes to fill.

As for his new Companion, She has the looks, thats for sure.
    We'll see how she fair's.

Also:

[​IMG]

6. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    What's the word on the U.S. edition of Torchwood?.

7. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Banned

Still in pre-production. Nowhere near the Pilot stage yet.
    It's looking like it's gonna be a 2010-2011 Mid-Season premiere if where lucky. That's IF Fox approves the Pilot and takes Torchwood USA to series.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the Moff

[​IMG]

9. Forever Knight

Home Page:
    The new Doctor has a Jay Leno chin.

Ah, thanks.

10. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

BBC Red button are showing 'Doctor Who - The eleventh hour - The first minute' starting next Weds 24th March

[​IMG]

11. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Matt Smith seems to have a Phillip inspired clothing style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a209197/qa-more-from-karen-gillan.html

13. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj-m54BlrJg[/ame]

14. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

15. Skyknight

Skyknight Lurker

I just posted the interview

16. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

There were two interviews. One by Lizo Mzimba with just Smith and another with Matthew Richards interviewing Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.

17. DSP

DSP Lurker

Home Page:
    Matt Smith is a really odd fellow in the interviews, he talks so naturally, usually actors look and act so stiff in interviews.

18. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Member

And now for something completely different, as many might know, many apt CGI modelers/animators around the web have tried to create/recreate Doctor Who scenes ranging from TARDIS (re)materlisation, Dalek/Cyberman scenes from Audio Plays, and the odd TARDIS interior recreation.

This is a short semi-teaser trailer(the creator isn't intending to ever make a full story) for a fan-made story/plot idea by "themindrobber", that if it were real, could possibly be one of the creepiest/scariest Doctor Who episodes ever (at least the teaser makes it look that way).

Here's the creator's blurb for the video:
    [HIDE]"In Doctor Who's most disturbing encounter yet, a 14th century 'plague doctor' stalks a run-down Victorian house whose occupants cannot be found. The Doctor and his companion arrive to find a strange record loops endlessly from behind a locked door and the sounds of movement can be heard upstairs, but no-one is there... Can the Doctor solve the mystery of the house or will he fall prey to the watching figure and the sounds in the shadows?"

This is a teaser trailer containing a few elements of a story I will probably never get round to writing. This is really an experiment in lighting and texturing, as I wanted to create an evocative Victorian setting and also realise the 'plague doctor' figure which I am a bit fixated on.

I have always been fascinating by these ghoulish figures from the 14th century. The idea that a medical man would attend the sick and dying dressed like an image from some avian nightmare always compelled me. But what compelled me further in the context of a Doctor Who story was the idea that under their protective clothing, what if these creatures actually looked like their masks....?[/HIDE]

Here is "themindrobber"'s...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNFU6Sxjex8"]The Sounds in the Dark[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  19. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

20. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7067875.ece

I think there is an 80's phone there too.