[Discussion] Ultraman Taiga

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Toku Prime, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Well, two fansub groups have released the first episode, is anyone following it?

I quite liked how they actually showed the previous New Generation Ultras giving the new guys their collectable trinkets based upon them. It gives a reason for them to be there that hasn't been in the last few seasons. Odd that Orb's power is the first shown after being so prominent last season too. Maybe Orb did really well in Japan?

A pretty by-the-numbers first episode otherwise. I like that the new series lead is a little older. Taiga himself is a bit more of a kid than usual for Ultramen, but I guess even that works as his father's series was the "fairy tale" of the franchise.

2. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Has there been any world of a Taiga movie coming next year?

3. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    Not that I've heard but it's probably likely

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

My vague recollection is that they usually announce them around the time that the last episode airs in advance of a release around March.

I'm still quite behind on Taiga (only up to episode 14), but it's subverted my expectations so far. Given that Taro's season was supposedly one of the most lighthearted seasons of Showa Ultra, his son's season is turning out to be one of the most serious of the New Generation.