[DISCUSSION] Ryusoulger, Episode 19

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    On second thought, let's not go to Japan. T'is a silly place.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 19; "The Advancing Tyramigo".
    (Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: When elementary school students that Tyramigo befriended during his walk disappear as part of a Druidon plot, he and Melto are the only ones left to save everyone after the other Ryusoulgers are captured while investigating the childrens' disappearance.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
    HOWEVER! This is not the place discuss future episodes nor next-episode previews. You may discuss previous episodes and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you.​

2. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    Somebody shoot this show and put it out of its misery.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Agreed. I haven't watched this episode yet and I already hate it.

4. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    It's an episode that might be excusable as an episode 4 or 5, but at this point in the show? Just further proof that they have no idea what to do with this show, so it's just stuck in this zombie state of stumbling through fillery horseshit.

Really, we're at episode 19 and it's a generic one about Melt and Tyramigo getting along? Really?! Geez, too bad the show didn't remember for dozens of episodes about Tyramigo and how he was in all of the early press photos and people were expecting him to be a regular pal of the Ryusoulger group from the start. Kinda like how the show totally forgot about Gaizorg for so long. (And have forgotten about him again.) Or the Masters. Or Black and Green's Masters. There's also really no point to Ui or her dad. And where did Ultraman Jack go? The Ryusoulger don't even remember their hidden village!

The villains blow. I liked Kureon for a while, but even he's getting on my nerves. Wisel disappears for no reason and pops back up without explanation. The show doesn't know what it's doing. Way to try to "save" the franchise, Toei.

What's Toei's goal with this show? "Hey, guys, let's make an even more generic Goseiger!"

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Gaizorg and Wisel?

6. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    Sorry if that's not the "hip" way to spell those names. I also hate saying "Melt," but thought I'd get crap for saying "Meruto."

7. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

It almost make me want to sit down and watch this series just to see is it really so bad.
    But probablly not any time soon.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Well it through me off when you spelled the dude Wisel. I thought you were talking about the general who came and went in 3 episodes as I forgot his name. I'm used to seeing his named spelleed Wyzul.

Still have no idea how Gaisorg is though. Is he the twin brother to Barisorg?

9. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    I hear his name and think "Wisel," like...he thinks he's wise and stuff. I don't know.

Gaizorg was a misake, probably *because* of my being used to typing out Barizorg. Both are crummy villains, it's an easy mistake to make, what can you do?

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

I thought his name was Wyzul because he was a wizard?

11. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    Is he?! I thought he was supposed to be a ringmaster. The lousiest showman.

12. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I guess paraphrasing Monty Python was a good idea for this thread. I knew saving that quote for a silly filler episode was a good idea!

Anyways, not much to say here. Standard filler episode is standard, but I did laugh pretty hard when the old man just kicked the Ryusoulgers out of the house. Tyramigo is getting better at talking, hardly even says his verbal tick as much as he use to.
    Also, that Gigant Double Bite attack is pretty ferocious, right? It rips a whole in the enemies chest, then chomps them into tiny chunks! Talk about a gruesome way to go…

Gaisorg is the wondering, evil purple armor. It first appeared in Super Sentai Strongest Battle special, the one that played before this show premiered. Chances are it'll somehow become another member of the Ryusoulgers, but that's not a spoiler, that's just me speculating.

The use of Gaisorg is really the only thing I have against this show, but I'll talk about that more in the thread for the next episode, since he'll have a major role in that one.

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Oh, that guy. I don't remember them ever calling him by name in the 45 seconds he has appeared so far so I just call him Wolzard. He makes Zamigo seem important.

14. Shougo B'Stard

Home Page:
    "Old man." I pretty much have this thought any time Naohisa is on screen -- actor Mitsuru Fukikoshi is only 54 years old, but...why do they dress him and have him act like he's 80-something? Rather than her father, he really comes across as being Ui's grandfather.

15. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Huh, I actually liked this one more than usual. The visuals were way more interesting than usual for Sentai. Specifically, the opening fight between gold and the MotW, along with the lighting in the lowering ceiling scene.
    To better paid gigs, I presume. This is Toei. They don't want to have to pay for more than one actor with actual credits to their name if they can avoid it. Jack will be in this about as often as Yellow Lion appeared in KR Ghost.
    Have you noticed that in the opening credits that there's a brief shot of a man with his face covered? I think there was a report recently from TV-kun magazine that hinted that whenever that character turns up, he's being played by the same actor.

Knowing Sentai, it's likely that it will just be some sort of single-episode comedy bit where he's disguised as Naohisa before revealing who he really is. Or it's just randos on twitter mis-translating the scans. But it would be nice if that was an actual dual role and they have him playing Naohisa as older on purpose.

16. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

To be fair, "Old man" can mean either one. Most of the time it does mean grandfather or senior citizen, but when someone says "my old man", they are usually referring to their father. And I wasn't even paying full attention, therefore I wasn't sure what Naohisa's familiar relation to Ui was. As for why they make him dress and act like a senior citizen, your guess is as good as mine.

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Who's Ultraman jack?

18. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

The old tribal man/chief from episode 1.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

The guy who just randomly showed up in a hotdog truck or something and then disappeared? That's cool.

20. Black Fang

Black Fang Member