[DISCUSSION] Ryusoulger, Episode 16

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Jul 11, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Fate will direct him to me, so that I, in turn, may guide him to his rightful place in the world.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 16; "The Hope That Sunk into the Sea".
    (Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: Canalo begins to see the Ryusoulgers in a better light after Koh saved his little sister Oto, but his Kishiryu Mosarex refuses to involve himself with the main Ryusoul Tribe for reasons unknown. As Canalo tries to convince his Kishiryu, he and the Ryusoulgers find themselves facing Gachireus after he upgraded himself using the combat data he collected from their previous battles.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Well, that was interesting...

In some ways, the episode set expectations pretty high from the start. When it begins with one of the generals (trying to) killing another general, you gotta admit that's pretty harsh. But the rest of the episode was just kind of standard.

Part of it is my fault, of course. Based on the episode previews, I could have sworn I saw Mosa Rex attacking Kishiryu-Oh. I should have paid closer attention. I expected that, and my hopes were dashed when that didn't happen. Again, my own fault. But the underwater fight was kind of cool, regardless. I can tell it's just a set, but I like how they added bubbles and slowed down the footage a little to make it really believable. I wonder if they made that set from scratch, or recycled old set materials...