[DISCUSSION] Ryusoulger, Episode 14

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Look into the eyes of the Mosasaurus and despair!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 14; "The Golden Knight".
    (Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: As the Ryusoulgers gain a reluctant ally from a branch of the Ryusoul Tribe who prefers to find himself a bride, they all find themselves facing a bloodthirsty Druidon general who seeks their people's total annihilation.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Hmm... I really don't know much about medieval stories and knights. I've seen elements of romance/romanticism go hand-in-hand with the theme of chivalry and honor, but is that a historically accurate thing or is that just a fictional thing? If it really is a thing at all, it would explain the behavior of our new gold ranger...

Getting into the episode itself, I can't say this is one of Ryusoulger's better episodes. But I can definitely say that the writers of this show are confirmed WOKE. First a female prime minister, and now an episode about karoshi? Talk about social awareness...

I am having a hard time enjoying this new general. They've turned a menacing personality into a running gag of just answering questions with more questions. Honestly, we've barely used Wyzul, and now this new guy comes in? I hope this isn't the last we see of him. The only thing I kind of like is how he has the right idea about attacking the Ryusoulgers. Summoning 500 monsters in on go? Do you know how many fans have been wanting that for years now?

And of course, the main event of the series, Ryusoul Gold. Just, wow... Turning his back on a Minosaur, refusing to join with the Ryusoulgers, asking a girl who is in a committed relationship to dump her boyfriend, and only doing the right thing if it suits him and his bride-chasing goals. And I thought Zyuoh The World was bad, but at lease he WANTED to help out and do the right thing, even if he often fell into self-doubt. I really do hope there is a deeper reason why Canalo is like this, because for now, he is easily the worst. For now, I'm just going to count down until we see him come to his senses and becomes a real hero, but I don't hold any expectations that it'll be a satisfying payoff. Prove me wrong, TV show.

I'm also pretty sure that the only reason why Ryusoul Gold comes from an underwater kingdom is because of the Aquaman movie. I don't know how successful that movie was, but I thought it was good, and I haven't heard many overtly negative things about it. Also, that finishing line, "Prepare to be shot through the heart." ... [​IMG] I am so tempted to quote Bon Jovi right now.