[DISCUSSION] Ryusoulger, Episode 09

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, May 15, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    I'd rather have a heart of gold than all the treasure of the world.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Dinoknight Sentai Ryusoulger, episode 09; "The Suspicious Treasure Chest".
    (Show's title and episode title translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: The Ryusoulgers find a game that leads participants to a magical wonderland where anything they wish for comes true, but Melto isn't convinced and suspects the Druidons are behind this so-called game.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Okay, Ryusoulger. You get one. I'm not sure if this counts as a good episode or a good story, but every moment was a good moment, so I'll count it.

I liked seeing the team work on their strats, makes them more grounded. Bamba got some solo time to just be awesome. Melto got a cool little arc where he connected with the spirit of his mentor, and we got to see Blue's robot combination. (I practically want to call Melto the Donatello of the group now, even if he doesn't do machines.) And holy ghost of Machiko Soga! Whoever is playing that witch... Toei, if you know what's good for you, you will keep her hired and have her play all the roles Ms. Soga left behind as well as any new ones she might be good for!

Based on the screencaps I've seen before hand, I was ready to dismiss this episode. Turns out, the only lame parts were suit recycling and the idea of a treasure chest having hurt feelings. Not sure about the former, but I've seen that latter trope a million times, so I'm numb to it now.