[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 46

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Time-Time-Time for Kamen Rider: Time Force!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 46; "2019: Operation Woz".
    (Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: Geiz becomes trapped in Swartz's Another World, with a revived White Woz taking his place to confront Black Woz. Meanwhile, Swartz's plan nears completion, but Michal Minato stands against him with the last of the courage that Kamen Rider OOO gave him.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
    HOWEVER! This is not the place discuss future episodes nor next-episode previews. You may discuss previous episodes and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you.​

2. raden238

raden238 Member

Wow a lot of stuff was happening in this episode. As many fans have predicted Swartz's evil plan all along was to become Ohma Zi-O himself! and he had to wait this long because Sougo needed to collect all the Ridewatches first. Meh its cliche and boring to have a villain going with the classic "just use everyone for your own needs".

I was surprised to see so many characters die though. Not counting the Dark Riders like Eternal (good use of Eternal in the two parter arc), we have Heure and Ora, which I honestly see Toei bringing back by the last episode or movie down the line. There is no way anti-villains let alone kids will die in Kamen Rider and not be brought back.

Then there is Aqua, who just like Eternal had a good role in this arc. Explored more about this character and had a noble death. It was pretty sad seeing him go.

I don't like the fact that Woz Ginga is essentially invincible. They never even addressed the origins of Kamen Rider Ginga and the power-up was just given to him, so he can sell more toys! Having him being able to negate multi-dimensional, time travel and even clock up/global freeze attacks is ridiculous. He is so shoehorned into every fight its not even funny.

The show also confirmed that Tsukasa himself has the time travel/multi-verse powers. Doesn't this make him the strongest human being on Earth? Geez, still love Decade and I hope we at least one more fight with him using the Phase 2 Rider cards.

3. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

It’s all coming together. Also, I made some predictions recently, and they came true. So… Called it! But first, let’s cover every little thing.

So it’s loosely explained that each Dark Rider is the result of someone being trapped in one of those pocket realities, like a trade-off. And yet Schwarz still had an army of them when the victims were set free… How many people did he imprison? Still, I am glad they remembered how White Woz just wanted to serve Geiz, and I am glad they didn’t fake their rematch either. I even loved the little nod to the Double movie about how the Never characters were all slowly dying.

(Also, I wonder if the Dark Riders is like a reflection of the people trapped. The gamer wanted to be victorious in games forever, so his unfilled desires became Kamen Rider Eternal. That one guy wanted to go back to a time when his sister was alive, so it created Kamen Rider Yuuki, and Geiz wants to fight or "serve" along side Sougo, so it made White Woz...)

Man, seeing how Geiz secretly wanted to apologize after exploding in front of Sougo… That has the be the most wholesome thing I’ve ever seen! Didn’t know Geiz had it in him.
    And that moment between Schwarz and Ora went exactly like I wanted to. She double crossed him, and I KNEW he would predict it! It may have been an obvious set up, but I liked watching it play out regardless. Though, it does make me wonder why Schwarz didn't just take Sougo's Rider gear while he was frozen in place... Can the power only be transferred willingly, or does Schwarz just enjoy tormenting Sougo?

And finally, like I said, I called it. Schwarz was waiting this whole time for Sougo to become Grand Zi-O so he could take the powers for himself. I guessed this to be true a few episodes ago, and I was right. So there may still be some validity to my head canon of Schwarz being Oma after all. If killing him means killing Tsukuyomi, then Sougo may have let him take his powers and his name just so Tsukuyomi would stay alive. That or Sougo embracing being evil to save his friends… So much to speculate on.

All I know is, I’m REALLY excited to see the next episode now! And I hope Aqua isn’t actually dead… That dying message seemed important. And dying here in this series would be such a waste of a character.

It was me! I predicted that! Hi!! :D

Yeah, Woz Ginga is getting a little too powerful for my tastes... I still think Geiz Revive should be more powerful than Woz Ginga, but as long they make sure to emphasis that Grand Zi-O and any future super forms above that are more powerful than either Geiz or Woz, I'll be fine with it. And hey! At least Trinity form actually had a clever use in this episode.