[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 41

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Jul 8, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Does anybody really know what time it is?

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 41; "2019: World, Reset".
    (Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: Sougo and Oma Zi-O have their climatic rematch when a temporal distortion returns the former to 2019. There, Sougo finds his timeline has been greatly altered with his granduncle not knowing who he is, Geiz and Tsukuyomi seeing him as their enemy again, and Woz now serving Hiryƫ who has took over Oma Zi-O's place as the tyrant king Another Zi-O II.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Well... this whole episode came out of nowhere. Still, I guess we'll find out where they're going with it. Good fight between Zi-O & Geiz, a good mystery as to what Woz is exactly up to, as well as Decade. Watch though, we'll get through 42 or 43 & find out this is just another one-off & has absolutely nothing to do with the finale whatsoever.

3. Japaneseseriesfan

Japaneseseriesfan A simple passerby...

Oh c'mon. We're back to Geiz vs Zi-O and he hates him... because! Fights! Convenient time erasure problem!

It's not even a good mystery. Decade is here because he "got the gist of it", and I'm sure that'll never be explained. Another Zi-O 2 looks much better, but his actor is just so punchable for looking so bored and being boring. Like, bringing him back was just... why bother? Great, he can summon Another Riders. Nobody remembers Sougo. Stakes! Conveniently created to manufacture some sense of tension that we all know is gonna be inconsequential in a bit. Let's just call it what it is, the next episode preview already revealed Tsukuyomi as Schwartz's sister, and it was obvious already from the moment she had her time ability manifested and his reaction to it plus the amnesia part, then to double down on it with the memory Decade showed her by going back in time.

What a shocker. This series really has nothing else to offer except making us aware that Geiz Revive Shippu looks better and is more useful than Goretsu, because God knows, they didn't even try to make Goretsu useful at all.

They've done this with Woz so many times now, with him pretending to betray, and then backpedal. Heck, he even does in the movie trailer for Zi-O's movie. Like dude, he's just there to play the "betray, emotional drama, team-up" formula. At this point, let's just not pretend Zi-O isn't even serious about telling a story so much as just pandering to the ultimate fanservice that doesn't really amount to much at the end.

4. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I liked this episode, but Another Zi-O's powers are really confusing. Now he's Another Zi-O II, but his powers somehow seem on par with Grand Zi-O's? Maybe I'm reading too deep into it, but if Hiryuu can alter the past to the point where not even Sougo's uncle recognizes him, can Sougo alter time with the power of Grand Zi-O?

Not sure why this is a negative. It's following the theme of the show. Geiz and Sougo have even built an understanding that fits the theme. Geiz was always willing to keep Sougo from being Zi-O if it meant saving the future. Sure, the past has been rewritten in this episode, but there was a chance they were ALWAYS going to have a final showdown one way or another. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that jazz. It's not like they are playing all this off as a running joke, this is definitely part of the main story line.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, please do not discuss future episodes in these topics. Wait for the actual discussion thread to pop up. I don't care how obvious it is, I don't want to spoil episodes for people who haven't seen them yet. (And obviously, episode previews don't count as part of the episode itself.) I know on anniversary series, it's hard to say what counts as spoilers sometimes. I usually get a little lax when talking about previous Kamen Rider TV shows because that's just the nature of shows like this; people are going to talk about it anyways. But I have to draw the line at talking about future episodes in the wrong discussion thread.

So unless you were speculating about what's going to happen based on events from previous episodes, I'd appreciate it if you either edit your comment to remove the spoilers or hide them behind a spoiler tag. I won't stop anyone from venting their disapproval of an episode, you have your right to your own opinion, but spoiling future episodes in the wrong discussion topic is not acceptable.

5. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

I think it is just dumb way to nerf Grand Zi-O. Hiryuu as Another Rider based on Zi-O II obviously have time reset power which Grand Zi-O should be better at it, if we based this Grand Zi-O from eps 40. But no, Sougo forget he can call Rider instantly in their Finishing stance from anywhere, and control their timing movement using his own statue in his head. His summoned Rider even degraded to Grateful Ghost Parka Hero which always disappear after a bit beating. Shougo didn't even try to copy what Hiryuu did with his time reset ability.

Well few previous rider also have same plot which nerf their ultimate form after one episode, but this is too dumb. His opponet only gained same ability, which his summoned should be weaker again their counterpart.

I didn't sure if alteration to Shougo timeline is have ties with Hiryuu power. I think this is just to promote Movie Quarterz or alternative world because this is gonna be tribute to Decade and his alternative world theme.

6. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Well, Sougo just acquired Grand Zi-O form one episode ago. So he may still be learning how to master it. Not to mention what Decade told him... Chances are, Sougo has been holding himself back, afraid to tap into his full Grand Zi-O powers because of his friends. "If I can't rise to power without my friends, then I don't want to do it." That's probably what he was thinking since he doesn't want to become an evil overlord/demon king. But Decade challenged him on that. Friends or not, it's his power, and he's the only one who can actually become king. He might also be thinking that if he can defeat Hiryuu again or convince his friends that he's on their side, everything will go back to normal. He's use to saving the day by following the same basic formula episode after episode. But we're getting near the end of the series and the story needs to draw to a close, so I doubt that things are going to remain simple.

7. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    While it's not exactly a rule but just as a friendly reminder to keep things about any future episode in that particular thread when it comes out. Not everyone keeps up with magazine scans or news and don't want to be spoiled about things to come.

SamuraiEchidna likes this.