[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 39

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:35 AM.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Time and time again.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 39; "2007: DenLiner Crash!".
    (Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: As Kujigojid┼Ź receives a surprise visit from the Taros Imagin when they need Junichir┼Ź Tokiwa to repair the DenLiner, the Time Riders find themselves dealing with Kamen Rider Zeronos and a new Another Den-O.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. Japaneseseriesfan

Japaneseseriesfan A simple passerby...

I have a hard time taking this Another Den-O actor seriously. There was a shot when he was first introduced where he pushed his dead sister's boyfriend away, and all I saw was this triangle G-string looking underwear where I could almost see half his butt. Can't help but wonder if this was the costume department's responsibility or the actor thinking it was cool.

Also, this Ryutaros fake hip-hop dancing shtick is getting so old I'm actually really annoyed to see it. I also noticed when Momotaros transformed using Geiz's body, they used that camera technique they use when Den-O fights. God, that was so out of place. It's like, literally a checklist they need to get to whenever the Imagins appear in any other Rider series that Momotaros needs to posses the other Riders, whichever one available, do the "Ore Sanjou" and the walk, and the style of fighting.

And, I called this shit happening when I saw Kiriya returning in Hibiki and then saw his actor again in scans for the Den-O episodes. Like... they really couldn't help themselves could they, to have a throwback that they do look identical, but aren't the same person.

Oh right, the way Grand Zi-O works... yeah, he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders. Like... how did they think this was gonna be in any way cool? Or even entertaining?

3. raden238

raden238 New Member

It looks stupid and the suit itself is horrible. People were giving Decade Complete shick for looking terrible but its way better than Grand Zi-O. K-touch was a much better way of summoning the Rider clones.

Japaneseseriesfan likes this.
  4. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Well actually Fourze did it too, in more subtle way. Grand Zi-O just messed it more with obvious Rider statue and fact that some of them placed on his leg. I felt this design put some Rider look less respected than others.

5. Japaneseseriesfan

Japaneseseriesfan A simple passerby...

Fourze's design is at least aesthetically pleasing, even if I hate the rocket head. Like, I've actually sat down and tried to draw Grand Zi-O just to see what frame of thought the person who designed this was thinking going into it, and like, all I'm saying is, that's just a huge waste of time. Drawing that many gestures on a person is like, challenging and all, you have to make the positioning of the Rider statues on him pretty accurate, and the end result still looks like a clusterf*ck. I thought Oma Zi-O felt like a pretty mediocre kitbashing of a design, but now, it looks even better than Grand Zi-O itself.