[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 26

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Mar 15, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    Call me Pastor Geiz, because I'm leading this revival!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 26; "Geiz Revive! 2019".
    (Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: Tsukuyomi travels to the past to discover the connection between Sougo and Another Zi-O, while Geiz decides to finally put the new power he gained from White Woz to good use.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

All right! I'm getting excited again.

Decade's reappearance has been teased. Geiz might be after revenge, or (if the next episode preview is anything to go by), he might have a plan that he isn't talking to Sougo about. Either way, we're going into a 3-parter (possibly a 4-parter). Geiz Revive was pretty awesome, the mele weapon really suits him. The Day of Oma is shaping up to be the most anticipated event of this story so far.

Also didn't expect Tsukuyomi to go full terminator like that. Part of what makes me convinced Geiz isn't actually out for revenge is because time travel is a thing, which means there's always a reset button they can press. But we'll see what happens.

3. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I'm not entirely sure why seeing Tsukuyomi trying to kill tiny Sougo suddenly made his mind up about trying to kill him again.

Also, I bet it will turn out to be a red herring. She was probably trying to shoot Decade and shouted Sougo's name to get him to duck or something.

4. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Maybe what Tsukoyomi did make Geiz realize that someday his comrade can do something as outrageous as killing a child if he didn't make his mind to kill Zi-O. He is actually gullible person after all. Once he believe that Tsukuyomi responsible for that accident, he was trying to take responsiblity as well. It seem he forget that Faiz Phone shot can't do anything beside stun its target.

Next eps still so confusing and didn't explain what drive Geiz to suddenly trying to kill Zi-O or even why Tsukasa have to be inside that bus. Have to wait until eps 28 to learn what is actually going on here.

5. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

I assumed it was a sort of "can't let her have all the glory" scenario. Like, he was ashamed that she could do something that took that much conviction and he couldn't.

6. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Really? Because according the the Kamen Rider Wiki, the phone is capable of adjusting its power output, making it capable of both stun shots and fatal shots. It might not be a very effective weapon against the MOTW, but it might be able to kill an unarmed human.

7. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Is Kamen Rider Wiki official? Because what is written there mostly based opinion or conclusion after writer see an episode.
    So far, Faiz Phone X only stun human and knockback MOTW. Shougo did mention that it feels hurt after got shot with that and Tsukuyomi replied that its effect was different for every person. I don't know if being lethal is one of those effect. The toy itself only had few button which really have any function.
    Well, the shot itself create some spark , which maybe can make combustion and fire, which maybe can cause the bus explode, maybe.

O-T already sub next episode and it clearly show Faiz Phone X was meant to be self-defense and not a lethal weapon.
    Can't wait to see episode 28, cause they add another mystery about why Tsukasa in there. Must we have to wait until Kaito appear on screen so we can know what this problem child of Kamen Rider planned to do?

8. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

It's not official, but it tends to have well researched facts. Since it can knock a MOTW back, I feel like that implies it could either kill or be very harmful against a regular human, since humans are usually weaker than monsters by default. But if the FaizPhone X only stuns, then that's kind of lame. Defeats the purpose of the overshadowing in this episode. Limits what it can be used for in future episodes. It might be a good defense tool or all-purpose tool, but something related to Faiz deserves more respect then that...

Also, this is the Episode discussion for 26 only. Please don't share spoilers for Episode 27 here, there is a different discussion thread for that. Either kindly edit your reply or hide that second paragraph behind the SPOILER tag.
    I'm not an admin. I can't force you to edit or change your reply, and I'm not the kind of person to report someone for a minor thing like that. So it'd be very nice if you could be considerate, please. Wouldn't want someone to come here and see spoilers for the next episode.