[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zi-O, Episode 20

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SamuraiEchidna, Feb 2, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]
    True or False: This is the last time you'll see Kamen Rider Quiz.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 20; "Final Answer? 2040".
    (Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
    This week: To save his father who was transformed into Another Quiz, Kamen Rider Quiz must ally with the other Kamen Riders, but not before dealing with another problem.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

2. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Well, I finally watched the episode.
    And we're back to Black Woz opening the episodes. Is this going to be a pattern in future two-parters? White Woz opens for Part I and Black Woz opens for Part II?

Over all, I think Quiz's arc was better handled than Shinobi's. Where one was more curtain fodder for White Woz's introduction and his first auxiliary Ride Watch, this one had a much more palatable story. And I knew from the beginning Geiz had no intention of defeating Quiz; I could tell from the look in his eyes in the previous episode that he'd rather see him and his father settle things first.

But as the episode played out, I somehow knew White Woz would find a way to ruin the family moment between Quiz and his father. It just began to make sense. Both timelines are pretty much opposites, so it makes sense that one Woz would be a backstabbing traitor that is completely selfish where-as the other is as loyal as can be (even if it is to one person/one timeline). I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, White Woz drops the whole retainer act and eventually tries to seize power for himself or if he just wants his own version of a corrupt future.

Speaking of corrupt, it looks like Geiz Revive might not be the evolved form we're expecting. It may be Geiz becoming just as corrupt as Oma Zi-O. We saw a little tease of it when Geiz was handed the Shinobi an Quiz watches. Could it be that the reason any of them become corrupt is because they lost their sentimentalism in favor of power? Guess we'll have to keep watching and see...

(Wouldn't it be crazy if the major plot twist was that Shocker enlisted both version of Woz, and hired them to corrupt Zi-O and Geiz so that one of them would eventually change the future in Shocker's favor?)

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, Zi-O randomly has the Double Ride Watch now. Why? Just because. I'm not sure if I'm okay with this or not... They at least did a good job of explaining how Geiz had the Ghost watch. So maybe they'll eventually back peddle and explain this one too? Should it even matter? So many questions...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019