[DISCUSSION] Kamen Rider Zero-One, Episode 02

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Toku Prime, Sep 13, 2019.

1. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Interesting theory... Part of me hopes that's not the case, but it would still make for a good story if it were true.
    I do hope Aruto grows and matures over time, whether that means losing the stand up routine all together, or just get better at telling jokes and not have to try so hard.

The only reason I didn't like it in this episode was because of just how loudly he had to deliver the joke. In Sentai, people have often complained about screaming reds (like Magi Red, for example). Thing is, in those shows, Sentai almost always has a level of lightheartedness and corniness. Those screaming reds tend to fit in with their show just a little bit better. Here, it really clashes. In two episodes, we've seen homicide imagery, nightmare imagery, and the setup for a mystery about a group of hackers. The show really wants to take itself seriously, so it really pulls me out of the experience when a jokester feels the need to yell his joke at the top of his lounges. Even if your sense of humor is lame, yelling a joke doesn't make it better.

But I'll get use it. The show is just starting up, after all.